Windows 10: What accidental key press's would delete large amount of typed email?

Discus and support What accidental key press's would delete large amount of typed email? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; This is for someone else who was infuriated this morning when a large portion, about half, of a large email just randomly disappeared. She thinks it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by joshleeman, Jan 20, 2017.

1. What accidental key press's would delete large amount of typed email?

This is for someone else who was infuriated this morning when a large portion, about half, of a large email just randomly disappeared. She thinks it happened right as she hit "SHIFT+ a number" and could have possibly accidentally hit control instead of shift. She doesnt know the number though. It deleted mid word about half way through a paragraph, which was about half way through a 1.5 page email. She certainly didnt highlight the area and then use the shortcut for "cut" and all the shortcuts Ive seen through googling must have the portion highlighted for it to delete it. The odd part is that it was cut off at the exact same spot in the draft folder as well which is way too much of a coincidence for it not to have also altered the draft. Email client is gmail, all settings default, OS is win 10 home premium with all default settings.

She mentioned that it happens a few times a week, starting when she upgraded from 7 to 10. Her laptop mousepad is not activated. She types pretty fast and thinks that she must have hit the wrong key combo but im at enough of a loss to resort to leaving a post here in hopes someone might know what she did so we can prevent it. I would like to solve this for he so hook me up friends.

:)

joshleeman, Jan 20, 2017

2. Problem with Nokia 2700 classic

hey u would have large amount of messages in your mobile you try to delete it

shalivaradhan, Jan 20, 2017
  3. Nokia C5 received SMS problem

if you have a large amount of text in your phone delete them first if no joy there

back up your data and try a hard reset type in *#7370# security code is 12345

techbuzzireland, Jan 20, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

What accidental key press's would delete large amount of typed email?

CTRL-A would select everything, then the next keystroke would replace it all with that single character.

NavyLCDR, Jan 20, 2017
  5. Thanks for your response, I thought that too at first but what doesnt work with that combo is only half of the email was deleted. It cut it off mid word as well, so the select all types of cmds didnt fit, which is why Im stumped on this one, ty though for taking the time to try and suggest something for us. The email was about 6 paragraphs and all of a sudden the second half dissappeared cutting off mid word, mid sentence about half way through the text. An additional bit of info is the word at the cut off point had a capitol "A" connected, looked like "exampA" as an example and the blinking cursor was directly after the "A". And that is how the draft was as well, it's as if it deleted the gmail draft up to that point and added the "A" to the cut off word.

joshleeman, Jan 21, 2017
  6. Not sure what might have deleted it but does she know Ctl-Z to attempt to restore from last action?

ComputerGeek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

What accidental key press's would delete large amount of typed email?

1. What accidental key press's would delete large amount of typed email? - Similar Threads - accidental key press's

2. Large amount of App Data Reported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Large amount of App Data Reported: Hello. So I am on Windows 11 may or may not be important and I was checking my storage space. It reports I have 19.9 GB worth of installed apps. But when I check it personally, I see 67 apps whose amount of data should not amount to that much. So am I missing something here...
  3. Large amount of App Data Reported

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Large amount of App Data Reported: Hello. So I am on Windows 11 may or may not be important and I was checking my storage space. It reports I have 19.9 GB worth of installed apps. But when I check it personally, I see 67 apps whose amount of data should not amount to that much. So am I missing something here...
  4. A large amount of Files gone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A large amount of Files gone: So I just booted my PC one day like normal when all of a sudden a MASSIVE amount of my files have gone missing along with programs and my wallpaper.Please someone help me I don't want to redownload everything and I also don't want to be missing numerous files that are...
  5. Large amount of paritions, which ones am I free to delete?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Large amount of paritions, which ones am I free to delete?: Hi, Ive already downloaded and installed minitool partition wizard. If someone would be so kind as to help me fix my harddrives partition minefield. When i installed windows 10 i did it with both other drives installed as well, and, for me at least, that usually results in...
  6. Large amount of paritions, which ones am I free to delete?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Large amount of paritions, which ones am I free to delete?: Hi, Ive already downloaded and installed minitool partition wizard. If someone would be so kind as to help me fix my harddrives partition minefield. When i installed windows 10 i did it with both other drives installed as well, and, for me at least, that usually results in...
  7. Accidentally deleted an email folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally deleted an email folder: I accidentally deleted an email folder. I have set up rules for hundreds of email addresses to go into this folder. I now can't recover the folder and my rules are no longer working due to no destination folder being there. This is inundating my inbox. I really don't want to...
  8. Keyboard types nothing when pressing the ' / @ key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard types nothing when pressing the ' / @ key: I have searched everywhere on the internet for fixes like changing the language settings keyboard settings, driver updates and resets and Im still stuck without a button for these characters. Even stranger is that if I convert to US qwerty, my keyboard will use SHIFT+2 as...
  9. Transferring a large amount of data

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferring a large amount of data: I need to transfer 200GB of data from an HDD to an SSD. I am using Windows 10 Professional. Can anyone advise me of the best and speediest way to do this please. Many thanks. 138112
  10. What keys accidentally delete typing? This is extremely frustrating. Where is the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What keys accidentally delete typing? This is extremely frustrating. Where is the...: This occurs almost constantly. Why can't MSN fix this? The problem did NOT exist on WINDOWS 7 !! It is a giant problem on WINDOWS 10. Progress is supposed to IMPROVE things! p.s. The missing text does NOT appear in Draft. It is apparently gone forever due to a kind...