Windows 10: What Apps do you think Windows 10 should have?

Discus and support What Apps do you think Windows 10 should have? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The main 3 apps that I use on my phone are the Facebook app, Facebook Messenger app, Facebook Pages Manager app, and the Instagram app. I think Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jesse Williams, Jan 23, 2015.

1. What Apps do you think Windows 10 should have?

The main 3 apps that I use on my phone are the Facebook app, Facebook Messenger app, Facebook Pages Manager app, and the Instagram app. I think Windows 10 should come with at least the Facebook Messenger app. What do you all think, and what apps would you all like to see in Windows 10?

:)

Jesse Williams, Jan 23, 2015
  2. norishor Win User

What do you think Nokia should do in firmware 13 for the N96 to make it better?

I have the 20.050 firmware on my N96 which is the latest and unfortunately I think the last upgrade from nokia. They have forsaken this phone. It was a big bluff for them. The Bluetooth streaming is still bad. And notice that I use a recommended
    device by nokia, it is a BH-601. Music stops every 5 to 6 seconds. It is frustrating like hell to listen to your music. Anybody any similar experiences? Anybody solved the problem somehow? Is there something to do about it?

norishor, Jan 23, 2015
  3. shayesta Win User
    What do you think Nokia should do in firmware 13 for the N96 to make it better?

there might not even be a v13 firmware. As Nokia might just make a major update and release like v20, v30. the title that you put for the post can be misleading to others as there thinking there will be v13 firmware.

Ur title should be changed to:

What do you think Nokia should fix/update for future N96 firmware?

shayesta, Jan 23, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

What Apps do you think Windows 10 should have?

How about an app that improves counting skill? *Wink

Seriously, There is no reason that Microsoft should be including apps for third party services, particularly ones which can change frequently. Let Facebook provide their own apps. Although, I suppose integration of Facebook messenger with Skype would not be too bad.

Not only that, but what happens when Facebook decides to discontinue their Pages Manager api and go to a different one.. now we have users installing Windows in 5 or 10 years getting these apps that don't work.

Mystere, Jan 23, 2015
  5. Hi,
    Kind of surprised more than one app would be needed besides the main facebook app to do all of things you posted :/
    Cheers.

ThrashZone, Jan 24, 2015
  6. ARC1020 Win User
    A good RSS feed app so you can sync your RSS feeds across all your devices (no, the 'News' app doesn't count).

I keep meaning to see if it's possible to move "C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Feeds" to OneDrive, and use that to sync RSS feeds between computers, but I never got round to it. Mind you, it wouldn't be of much use trying to get that to sync with a phone anyway.

Also, Twitter should release a TweetDeck app for Windows (although as Mystere said, I'm not sure third party apps should be installed as standard, otherwise you're going to end up with loads of junk pre-installed like it's 1999 again).

ARC1020, Jan 24, 2015
  7. Mystere Win User
    There are like a million RSS Feed Reader apps in the Windows Store...

Mystere, Jan 24, 2015
  8. ARC1020 Win User

They are third party though, not Microsoft. Microsoft already has a built in RSS reader, it just doesn't sync between devices via Microsoft Account.

ARC1020, Jan 24, 2015
  9. I said that because Facebook has separated their messaging app from their main Facebook app. But, the Facebook app in Windows 8.1 is good though.

Jesse Williams, Jan 24, 2015
  10. 3rd party non-Microsoft apps are available in the store for anyone that wants it. I believe those type apps shouldn't come with Windows for a variety of reasons. Those are personal choice apps and I don't think they belong in the OS. One reason the download time will be increased. The one thing I do like with Windows 8/8.1 is the camera app is a modern app and you don't have to worry worry about the OEM camera app and it's drivers. I have 2 Windows 8 machines and both use the modern camera app so I'm assuming it's like that for all cameras.

orlbuckeye, Jan 27, 2015
  11. It's a thing on iOS and Android devices. Not sure about WP, but on my Blackberry I only need one app. Though to be fair due to the nature of Hub a standalone FB Messaging app is useless, and I don't know what I'd need a pages Manager app for.

FuturDreamz, Jan 27, 2015
  12. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Those apps don't need a COMPUTER to run on !!!! A slab or mobile phone can run those. My idea of a computer is one that does REAL work like software for designing things - CAD for example or things like PHOTOSHOP and of course a decent office suite.

I think even without an office suite a small Email client should be included - OUTLOOK EXPRESS (back in XP days) IMO was a perfect simple email application with a nice interface. All the other free email clients since then have been a load of garbage.

If I were designing an OS I would not allow ANY USER to LOGON until they had passed a test comprising BACKING UP AND RESTORING a system. Whether it's 3rd party or not a decent backup and restore (bare metal / bootable) system should be included.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 28, 2015
  13. What Apps do you think Windows 10 should have?

Some of these 3rd party utilities are better to be made by 3rd parties that ONLY make software in these areas. MS can concentrate on making the best OS possible. Most of the time 3rd party apps are just better. I use 3rd party email. They are both MS Outlook and Live Mail but not part of the OS. I have been using 3rd party video players for awhile and you can do things like change aspect ration and extend to full screen without distorting. I have been using Itunes for music for awhile also but that could change.

orlbuckeye, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. What Apps do you think Windows 10 should have? - Similar Threads - Apps should

2. Should there be developer apps on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should there be developer apps on my computer?: My computer which I am having a lot of trouble with has what looks to be developer apps. I didn't know if this was normal.. I have included a couple of screenshots....
  3. Should there be developer apps on my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should there be developer apps on my computer?: My computer which I am having a lot of trouble with has what looks to be developer apps. I didn't know if this was normal.. I have included a couple of screenshots....
  4. Should there be developer apps on my computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. i dont see an optional feature in my app setting what should i do ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i dont see an optional feature in my app setting what should i do ?: I tried to follow the instructions but it appears i don't have an optional feature tab to install the xps viewer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-see-an-optional-feature-in-my-app-setting/e3971464-b503-4b03-9e5b-e47f8791206b
  6. i dont see an optional feature in my app setting what should i do ?

i dont see an optional feature in my app setting what should i do ?: I tried to follow the instructions but it appears i don't have an optional feature tab to install the xps viewer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-see-an-optional-feature-in-my-app-setting/e3971464-b503-4b03-9e5b-e47f8791206b
  7. what should I do when I change new mobile and can't verify authenticator app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what should I do when I change new mobile and can't verify authenticator app?: Dear support,My mobile was broken so I change to new device and download Authenticator app, but I can't add my account. So I can't verify my account also can't go to Security Info page.Please help me soon....
  8. what should I do when I change new mobile and can't verify authenticator app?

what should I do when I change new mobile and can't verify authenticator app?: Dear support,My mobile was broken so I change to new device and download Authenticator app, but I can't add my account. So I can't verify my account also can't go to Security Info page.Please help me soon....
  9. what should I do when I change new mobile and can't verify authenticator app?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. What should I do if I can't remove the Windows app folder from my portable SSD that I don't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do if I can't remove the Windows app folder from my portable SSD that I don't...: So I was moving files from my laptop over to my SSD and was making sure they weren't system files and all of a sudden a folder called Windows apps appears. Why can I not remove from my SSD?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How do you think window