Windows 10: What are alternatives to Malwarebytes?

Discus and support What are alternatives to Malwarebytes? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My MBAM Premium 3.0.6 had the "Exploit Protection" not initializing problem again this morning. My system was a cold boot with the problem. Restarting... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by fireberd, May 31, 2017.

1. fireberd Win User

What are alternatives to Malwarebytes?

My MBAM Premium 3.0.6 had the "Exploit Protection" not initializing problem again this morning. My system was a cold boot with the problem. Restarting Win 10 fixed the problem, but it shouldn't be happening.

I'm open to alternatives. MBAM does not leave me with a good feeling anymore.

:)

fireberd, May 31, 2017
  2. mindvirus Win User

What are third party alternatives to Ovi Suite

+1 from me on both looking for a third party app, and loathing the Nokia-as-the-centre-of-the-universe approach to coding. Nokia 5800.

Had a torrid time with the OVI 3 update which simply doesn't do the sync'ing it promises to do, so rolled back to OVI 2 which gets stuck on insisting that I reinstall (a perfectly functioning) MS Outlook.

Since my Nokia phone is now next to useless through not giving me what I paid for, I'll also start looking at other brands. Well done Nokia!

mindvirus, May 31, 2017
  3. What are third party alternatives to Ovi Suite

Yes... I've recently upgraded my Ovi 2.nnn to version 3.

Why on earth did they bother, it's just as much, if not of more of a HOS than the previous version, still no .CSV file support, (Idiots) and the Toy box UI.

Ax

arturox---01, May 31, 2017
  4. What are alternatives to Malwarebytes?

TairikuOkami, Jun 1, 2017
  5. fireberd Win User
    I used HitmanPro once to fix a client's PC that was infected and MBAM did not fully clean. One to consider.

fireberd, Jun 1, 2017
  6. Slippery Win User
    I'm pretty sure you don't need my advice from reading your posts and the experience you obviously have so, I'll just throw this out there FYI : Latest Version of Malwarebytes

Slippery, Jun 1, 2017
  7. fireberd Win User
    The version I have is the latest. There was an update a couple of weeks ago that "fixed" the problem. Obviously it hasn't completely fixed the problem.

fireberd, Jun 1, 2017
  8. Porthos Win User

Have you sought actual assistance at the MB forums?

Porthos, Jun 2, 2017
  9. fireberd Win User
    I've looked at their forums. Didn't see anything that would "permanently" fix the problem. A friend who has a PC security business says he gets the same thing occasionally. A bug that needs fixing.

fireberd, Jun 2, 2017
  10. Malwarebytes made an error with version 3 by turning into a full AV (too greedy?), but there is no turning back, so they are desperately trying to fix all the bugs, but keep failing. It is pity, it was a good product.

TairikuOkami, Jun 2, 2017
  11. Porthos Win User
    "Looking" at the forums and their staff looking at your logs are 2 different things. I am aware you are not just an average "end user" but another set of eyes can help even the best of us.
    My clients and I are not having any issues with MB 3.

Porthos, Jun 4, 2017
  12. fireberd Win User
    The friend who is in computer security and is active with MBAM (and who promotes and sells MBAM) is having the same intermittent problem. If he can't get it resolved, no one can. I've had the same, intermittent, problem on both my production Win 10 installation and my Insider version. That is two different Win 10 installs.

fireberd, Jun 4, 2017
  13. Porthos Win User

Well that description fits me as well and If I had an issue I would want one of the developers to look at it. But in the end it IS your computer and your time.
    Sorry for the useless intrusion to your thread.

Porthos, Jun 4, 2017
  14. fireberd Win User
    That's OK. The security person has been in contact with MBAM people about the issue. It is being looked into. Hopefully one of the future updates will fix it.

fireberd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. What are alternatives to Malwarebytes? - Similar Threads - are alternatives Malwarebytes

2. what's a good alternative to utorrent??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what's a good alternative to utorrent??: many people told me it's bad for my computer or something and i use it a lot so what is a good replacement?? submitted by /u/EZZOOOTHEKING [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l8jlej/whats_a_good_alternative_to_utorrent/
  3. MalwareBytes Pro about to expire. . . alternatives?

MalwareBytes Pro about to expire. . . alternatives?: Win10 Pro 1909 x64 My malwarebytes pro license is about to expire. Along with common sense and MSE/Defender I've used it forever. But, now is not a great time to renew that license. Any suggestions for solid freeware replacements? Thanks for reading! -R submitted by...
  4. malwarebytes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    malwarebytes: if i install new version will it copy over old version build 1920 148798
  5. malwarebytes

malwarebytes: Some time ago I came with some issues concerning my computer windows 10 desktop. Several members mentioned and suggested that I download the free malwarebytes program, which I did. I believed that the program was working ok, I ran it every day. Lately I believe that the...
  6. What's a good alternative system font?

What's a good alternative system font?: Windows 10 uses a lot of glyphs/unicode and really really wants them all in the system font. What's a good font to replace Segoe UI with? I just really don't like it for some reason I can't exactly put my finger on. I know how to use another font, I'm just looking for...
  7. Free alternative to Malwarebytes Premium?

Free alternative to Malwarebytes Premium?: Malwarebytes Premium again and again protects me from computer nasties from the web that Windows Defender simply does not. Malicious websites etc. I only have the Premium trial. I can not afford to pay for a Premium licence. Is there a free alternative to Malwarebytes...
  8. Malwarebytes

in Windows 10 Support
    Malwarebytes: Is a Malwarebytes a good program to have, or a bad one. It seems to claim it's blocking PUP sites when I'm on my local weather station or when Edge is trying to switch to another site like Facebook or Yahoo. I'm beginning to wonder if it is the Malware. 131072
  9. What The @#$#%#^% Is Going On With Malwarebytes

What The @#$#%#^% Is Going On With Malwarebytes: For a couple of hours now MBAM Services has taken over CPU and Memory to the point nothing else would work or load. Produced several Unexpected Windows Shutdowns, two failed restarts and still wouldn't quit. Pretty much turned this thing into nothing more than a big desk...
  10. Free alternative to malwarebytes Pro

Free alternative to malwarebytes Pro: MalwareBytes Pro is really not cheap. Do you have recommendations for a free ant-malware application with realtime protection ? Or is it just OK now to stick to Windows Defender only ? 75887