Windows 10: What Are APPS

Discus and support What Are APPS in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Excuse my ignorance but when I was using Windows 7 Desktop APPS did not work. In reference to Windows 10 what is an APPS and how do they work?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by huffman, Aug 16, 2015.

1. huffman Win User

What Are APPS

Excuse my ignorance but when I was using Windows 7 Desktop APPS did not work.

In reference to Windows 10 what is an APPS and how do they work?

What kind of APPS work in Windows 10?

:)

huffman, Aug 16, 2015
  2. CraigLong Win User

What photo apps are there that are on the Microsoft Store to share the photos with the public?

You can create an album in the Photos app then you can share it in OneDrive.

CraigLong, Aug 16, 2015
  3. What are these apps?

they are custom icons, scroll down and there are dl links for them

MatthewMaude, Aug 16, 2015
  4. Harpert Win User

What Are APPS

Hi,

I am not sure what you are asking...
    I am pretty sure that by now anyone that is not over 50 years of age must have heard of apps.
    short for "Applications"

Or are you trying to ask something else?

Harpert, Aug 16, 2015
  5. Berton Win User
    Right, Apps is short for Applications which is the same as Programs. It is an unfortunate cross-over from texting and its frustrating shortcutting of names as one can have Programs such as Microsoft Office which in turn has separate Applications such as Word, Excel, etc., inside the suite, also called a Suite of Applications.

Berton, Aug 16, 2015
  6. huffman Win User
    I am well OVER 50 yrs old.

Since I know that cell phones use APPS that can not be used on PCs I was NOT sure they were the same so thanks for clearing up the misunderstanding.

huffman, Aug 17, 2015
  7. MikeyTG Win User
    The term Apps in Win 10 refers to applications designed to the new "phone" style spec, formerly called metro. They are for some reason distinct from previous Windows programs. They initially ran on their own desktop, now everything seems to run on the old desktop. I guess you would use an app if you had a phone that had the same app so you won't have to learn a new program. Or something. I don't use them.

MikeyTG, Aug 17, 2015
  8. CountMike New Member

What Are APPS

Although Apps do mean Application in general, in W8/8.1/10 they are designed to work in their own space, Windows 7 and before never had anything like that. Starting with W8 they are meant to be installed from the MS Store or soon to be able to sideload. It's a trend now for all the devices to work like that. Google play for android for instance, Apple has own store for iPhone, depositories on Linux etc. MS is working on a way for developers to port other system's Apps like the ones for android to be able to port to windows system easier. Very soon, when all windows 10 gets unified, to work even on phones, tablets etc. those same Apps will be able to run on all Windows devices.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

What Are APPS

1. What Are APPS - Similar Threads - Are APPS

2. When i have a game open all background apps take a few seconds for audio to come in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i have a game open all background apps take a few seconds for audio to come in.: Whenever i open a game it goes into exclusive mode but I have exclusive mode disabled. I had this problem a few month ago and disabled it and now its happening again without it active....
  3. When i have a game open all background apps take a few seconds for audio to come in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When i have a game open all background apps take a few seconds for audio to come in.: Whenever i open a game it goes into exclusive mode but I have exclusive mode disabled. I had this problem a few month ago and disabled it and now its happening again without it active....
  4. Why is my microphone on at bootup and streaming what it hears with no apps open?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my microphone on at bootup and streaming what it hears with no apps open?: On bootup with my headphone on I can immediately hear my echo or any sounds, there's no way to turn it off without fully disabling the microphone. Have tried messing with mic input device but no help. Any recommendation?No apps open can hear the built in mic in...
  5. Why is my microphone on at bootup and streaming what it hears with no apps open?

Why is my microphone on at bootup and streaming what it hears with no apps open?: On bootup with my headphone on I can immediately hear my echo or any sounds, there's no way to turn it off without fully disabling the microphone. Have tried messing with mic input device but no help. Any recommendation?No apps open can hear the built in mic in...
  6. Change Default App freezes in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Default App freezes in Windows 11: I have a brand new HP laptop. Every single time I attempt to change the default app to open a file, either through the system settings or right-click > Open with, my system freezes, usually requiring a reboot or at least a 5-10 minute wait.I don't have any extra anti-virus...
  7. Change Default App freezes in Windows 11

Change Default App freezes in Windows 11: I have a brand new HP laptop. Every single time I attempt to change the default app to open a file, either through the system settings or right-click > Open with, my system freezes, usually requiring a reboot or at least a 5-10 minute wait.I don't have any extra anti-virus...
  8. Start up apps related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start up apps related: I want to know a question if apps update from microsoft store is it normal sometime it enabled themselves again in start up apps if i disabled them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-apps-related/6b1616aa-bbb5-4803-8285-d5d9d88ae26b
  9. Start up apps related

Start up apps related: I want to know a question if apps update from microsoft store is it normal sometime it enabled themselves again in start up apps if i disabled them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-apps-related/6b1616aa-bbb5-4803-8285-d5d9d88ae26b
  10. PRODUCT ISSUE: Power Apps Model-Driven Apps Error After Creating a New Command Button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PRODUCT ISSUE: Power Apps Model-Driven Apps Error After Creating a New Command Button: In the model-driven app designer, when I edit the command bar, add a new button and give it basic Power FX functionality and then save/publish the command bar I receive this error which comes up as a popup I'm unable to show a screenshot:The Component Library is still...