Windows 10: What are the default folder names in Outlook 2016?

Discus and support What are the default folder names in Outlook 2016? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm going insane, and just spent 35 minutes in chat w/MS, to no avail. *Mad I am on a clean install of Win10, with a new install of Office 365 with... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by way2ob2se, Aug 7, 2016.

1. way2ob2se Win User

What are the default folder names in Outlook 2016?

I'm going insane, and just spent 35 minutes in chat w/MS, to no avail. *Mad I am on a clean install of Win10, with a new install of Office 365 with Outlook. Earlier today, a MS tech remotely set up my 3 Outlook accounts. Then she tried to import merge data from my .pst backups. Had problems...something to do with POP and IMAP and other things I don't understand. She ended up adding my external back-up drive as another data source, so I have two XXXX's Folder structures in my new email account. One from My PC and one from the back-up drive. I have been manually copying stuff from the backup folders to the new folders. It's a real pain, but it's working...and I have my data.

My (what I thought was SIMPLE) question was this: In the "new account" data (allegedly NOT from backup drive), I have, for instance, a Trash folder, a Junk folder, a Junk Mail folder and a Junk Email folder. I also have Sent, Sent Items and Sent Mail . All I want to know is what are the default folder names for this version. I'm sure that somewhere, that I can't find, is something that says that the "former Junk folder is now named Trash" or something like that. I just want to get rid of the multiple folders. Is that too much to ask?

:)

way2ob2se, Aug 7, 2016

2. E52 + Mail for Exch: Unable to complete command

We have managed to resolve this issue. There was a problem with this user's default folders - her "drafts" folder had somehow been moved into her inbox. At the same time her folders had Norwegian names whereas our Exchange server and Outlook versions are
    all in English.

Hence, having the right folder names and structure is of utmost importance.

morten81---01, Aug 7, 2016
  3. Can't sync Cingular 3125 with Outlook 2007 and Vista

Follow the steps below to create a new pst file:

On the File menu, point to New, and then click Outlook Data File.

For compatibility with earlier versions of Outlook, under Types of storage, click
    Microsoft Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folders File (.pst), and then click
    OK

In the File name box, type a name for the file, and then click OK.

In the Name box, type a display name for the .pst folder.

Select any other options you want, and then click OK.

The name of the folder associated with the data file appears in the Folder List By default, the folder will be called Personal Folders.

Drag any item from your current folders to the new folder. Press CTRL while dragging to copy items instead of moving them.

Linley Meslier, Aug 7, 2016
  4. way2ob2se Win User

OK, had a DUH! moment this morning. Just wait and see which ones are populating, then delete the others. Sure not happy about how the set up was handled. Discovered this morning that my calendar and address books are missing. Not in the outlook account and no longer on my backup drive. sigh.

way2ob2se, Aug 8, 2016
Thema:

1. What are the default folder names in Outlook 2016? - Similar Threads - are default folder

2. outlook 2016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    outlook 2016: all started with send receive error and now after trying to follow instruction nothing works anymore and cant even access old emails, would like to talk with someone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-2016/472af38c-67c2-49bb-b2b8-3a3d053804ee
  3. Outlook 2016

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook 2016: Sorry re posted in office 137379
  4. Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016: I was given a copy of Outlook 2016 since I could not get my old Outlook 2003 to work on Windows 10. The way it works is really confusing at the moment. Does anyone know of good tutorials to help in learning process? One thing I would like to know right NOW is how to get...
  5. Outlook 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016: This is probably more a Gmail settings question then an Outlook question but here goes. I use Outlook 2016 since it's release with 6 live, outlook accounts and 1 gmail account for years and years. I received an email from Google stating that my gmail account security...
  6. Outlook 2016 and Search by Name in Address Book

Outlook 2016 and Search by Name in Address Book: I'm running Outlook 2016 (v 1804, 64-bit). I have my default email address as Outlook.com. I sync my iCloud contacts to Outlook occasionally by just copying them over in my macOS address book. They show up fine in Outlook. However, if I search by last name, the contact...
  7. Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016: Address book missing from recent upgrade. Attempting to send email I click "TO:" and no address book is showing my list of contacts. Recently transferred from old pc to new pc using WD Passport. Though Passport would transfer all files and data. Cannot locate the Outlook 2016...
  8. Outlook 2016 showing twice in default programs.

Outlook 2016 showing twice in default programs.: I have a user with a fairly new computer running Windows 10 Pro. He has Office 2016 H&B and for whatever reason his outlook shows twice in default programs. I don't know for sure but this seems to be causing several things not to work correctly. This includes the built in...
  9. Outlook 2016 - How to Select Default Folders?

Outlook 2016 - How to Select Default Folders?: Outlook 2016 insists on creating a Trash folder in my IMAP accounts and moving deleted items there. I want to use another folder for deleted items. It was possible to specify the folders to use for Sent and Deleted items in Outlook 2010 but I can't find how to do this in...
  10. Cannot make Outlook 2016 Default Email

Cannot make Outlook 2016 Default Email: I cannot make Outlook 2016 default email client. I try tru the setting...default and it looks like it is the default. Then I get an error window that says there is no email default and I should set it up in Outlook 2016. When I try it takes me back to settings...default. I am...