Windows 10: What are the steps to Installing Windows 10 on a Seagate Hybrid 2TB HD with SSHD;

Discus and support What are the steps to Installing Windows 10 on a Seagate Hybrid 2TB HD with SSHD; in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What are the specific steps for a new Winddows 10 install on a Hybrid 2 TB HD with 256 GB SSHD? What files should be loaded into the SSHD? And when in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Peter Schinkel, Aug 9, 2018.

1. What are the steps to Installing Windows 10 on a Seagate Hybrid 2TB HD with SSHD;

What are the specific steps for a new Winddows 10 install on a Hybrid 2 TB HD with 256 GB SSHD? What files should be loaded into the SSHD? And when in the process?

Original HD is still functioning but due to upgrade from Win 7 Win 8, Win 8.1 and Win 10 the HD has multiple copies of many files scattered through many and partially duplicateddirectories. A PITA but managable until the May 5, 2018 Windows 10 update renamed by User directory by adding tripple 000 and creating a new users directory with the original User name, but with none of the original files. Created major problems with many programs, Outlook, Quicken, and OneDrive being the ones I use the most.

Have managed work arounds for Outlook and Quicken but OneDrive still is resisting.

Long story short, I decided the best way to solve the issue was to start with a clean Windows 10 install. Have a Windows CD and a new Seagate 2TB HD hybrid drive with SSHD but am unsure about how best to do the new install.

Can anyone help?

:)

Peter Schinkel, Aug 9, 2018

2. Seagate BarraCuda vs. FireCuda SSHD for storage

Hi,

I want a 2.5" hard drive with more capacity and I found the Seagate hard drives.

But, which one is better for storage?, the price difference is little.

• Seagate 2TB BarraCuda 2.5" $86.99
    • Seagate 2TB FireCuda Gaming SSHD 2.5" $99.99
    I know that the FireCuda has 8GB built in but, does it matter for storage purposes?.

RodoGodo19, Aug 9, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 9, 2018
  4. What are the steps to Installing Windows 10 on a Seagate Hybrid 2TB HD with SSHD;

How to change Windows 10 OS from 500 Gb HDD to 1TB SSHD (hybrid driver)

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are willing to move your Windows 10 OS from 500 Gb HDD to 1TB SSHD (hybrid driver).

I want to inform you that if you will move the OS from 500 Gb HDD to 1TB SSHD (hybrid driver) then there might be a chance that you will face activation issue. If you have the product key for Windows 10 then you may go ahead. Otherwise you might need to
    get in touch with the manufacturer for the confirmation of the same.

However, you may follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa in the thread mentioned below. Though the thread deals with Windows 8 but steps holds good for Windows 10 too.

Moving Windows 8 to an SSD

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

What are the steps to Installing Windows 10 on a Seagate Hybrid 2TB HD with SSHD;

1. What are the steps to Installing Windows 10 on a Seagate Hybrid 2TB HD with SSHD; - Similar Threads - are steps Installing

2. Issues with Seagate 2tb Ultraslim HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Seagate 2tb Ultraslim HDD: Hi everyone. I am running Win 11 on an Acer Nitro AN515-55 I have a Seagate 2TB UltraSlim external hard drive. Last November my laptop started to update without my knowledge and froze. I rebooted and the laptop was stuck in boot. I realized the external hard drive was still...
  3. Issues with Seagate 2tb Ultraslim HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Seagate 2tb Ultraslim HDD: Hi everyone. I am running Win 11 on an Acer Nitro AN515-55 I have a Seagate 2TB UltraSlim external hard drive. Last November my laptop started to update without my knowledge and froze. I rebooted and the laptop was stuck in boot. I realized the external hard drive was still...
  4. Temperature for Seagate 2TB HDD ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Temperature for Seagate 2TB HDD ?: Hi So i'm using a Seagate 2TB SATA 3 with 7200 RPM hard drive and just wanted to know what are the normal temps for it ? When in idle the HDD's temp is 42'C and when gaming it goes up to 55'C. If anyone has some info on this i'd greatly appreciate it because i don't know...
  5. Seagate Firecuda hybrid Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Seagate Firecuda hybrid Drive: Hi! I have moved the operating system to a Seagate Firecuda ssd/HD hybrid drive on my recent Windows 10 AMD A10 laptop. Things were going well with updates working until the 1903 update which says it can't install an operating system on a USB drive. Apparently. it sees the...
  6. How to delete EFI system partition from Seagate 2TB external HD

How to delete EFI system partition from Seagate 2TB external HD: I have a Seagate 2TB external Hard Drive almost completely full of movies/videos. A friend asked if they could borrow it to view some movies on their MAC but returned it as it did not show up on their computer. I plugged it back into my PC laptop and discovered that it was...
  7. How to delete EFI system partition from Seagate 2TB external HD

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete EFI system partition from Seagate 2TB external HD: I have a Seagate 2TB external Hard Drive almost completely full of movies/videos. A friend asked if they could borrow it to view some movies on their MAC but returned it as it did not show up on their computer. I plugged it back into my PC laptop and discovered that it was...
  8. Seagate 2tb external drive

Seagate 2tb external drive: Bought a new usb cord since it kept randomly disconnecting the drive. It shows up in device management and on disk drives yet it says it cant initialize and wont show how much memory has been used or is available in volumes I dont know what to do...
  9. Windows Restore to a Seagate 2TB BarraCuda HD not working

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows Restore to a Seagate 2TB BarraCuda HD not working: I have a Windows 10 system with 2 internal hard drives C: (250 GB) and E: (500 GB) that I use as my primary system. I also have a backup / mirror system in case I have an issue with the primary system, I use Windows Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Backup and Restore...
  10. Seagate MOMENTOUS hybrid SSD / HD and fast start

Seagate MOMENTOUS hybrid SSD / HD and fast start: By default fast start is enabled. But seeing as I have a seagate hybrid drive I wonder if it should be on or off. Some kind of background HD magic works to keep most used data cached on the small 8 GB SSD portion of the 1 TB drive. Not that I notice any ill effects using fast...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. firecuda sshd installing os

2. installing seagate firecuda