Windows 10: What are your thoughts about Windows 10 being the last windows ?

Discus and support What are your thoughts about Windows 10 being the last windows ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; That's right folks, Windows 10 will indeed be the last windows. Instead now what they are doing is giving out updates that add new programs and other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sondawg18401, Aug 2, 2015.

1. What are your thoughts about Windows 10 being the last windows ?

That's right folks, Windows 10 will indeed be the last windows. Instead now what they are doing is giving out updates that add new programs and other stuff that will make it much more user friendly just like the Iphones. I am totally on board with this idea because I don't want to go buy a new Windows in about 2 or 3 years and I am totally happy with Microsoft's decision. What do you guys think about this, please leave a comment below

By the way, I just want to ask that does anyone here think that this is so awful that they will use Mac or Linux?
    And lastly, please. Stop crying about how Windows 7 is better because this and that, windows 10 will be the best Windows hand-down *Biggrin

:)

sondawg18401, Aug 2, 2015

2. What are your thoughts about Windows 10 being the last windows ?

how did you get back to windows 7 ive been trying to do that since I installed 10

WD53Kinney, Aug 2, 2015
  3. What are your thoughts about Windows 10 being the last windows ?

That's right folks, Windows 10 will indeed be the last windows. Instead now what they are doing is giving out updates that add new programs and other stuff that will make it much more user friendly
    just like the Iphones. I am totally on board with this idea because I don't want to go buy a new Windows in about 2 or 3 years and I am totally happy with Microsoft's decision. What do you guys think about this, please leave a comment below

By the way, I just want to ask that does anyone here think that this is so awful that they will use Mac or Linux?

And lastly, please. Stop crying about how Windows 7 is better because this and that, windows 10 will be the best Windows hand-down
    What are your thoughts about Windows 10 being the last windows ? [​IMG]

Sondawg18401, Aug 2, 2015
  4. AEM
    aem Win User

What are your thoughts about Windows 10 being the last windows ?

I recon MS has it right with 10 this time. It's the best of both worlds with 7 and 8 combined.

What is next I wonder.

5. Yawn. The name 'Windows 10' is a marketing gimmick.

This OS could just of easily been called Windows 8.2.

teachermark, Aug 2, 2015
  6. AEM
    aem Win User
    Shall we agree on Window Hybrid?

7. Omega Win User
    If Microsoft ever adopts a subscription based plan for Windows, I'll be on Linux (again) faster than you can say distrowatch.

Omega, Aug 2, 2015
  8. What are your thoughts about Windows 10 being the last windows ?

No they won't. Most people will be using Windows 10 after this year and if they do that, they will lose everything. It's just like the Iphones updating process. But stuff like MS words etc etc you will still have to pay (duh)

9. Alley Cat Win User
    I remember when XP was going to be the last new version of Windows. After a few years, they decided they weren't making enough money and Vista came into development. We'll see if 10 really is the last...

Alley Cat, Aug 2, 2015
  10. Well we will see. I am quite new to this Windows stuff anyway

11. BunnyJ New Member
    Personally I could see the name end up just being Windows.. but that will not happen for some time I think.

BunnyJ, Aug 2, 2015
  12. It will become Windows soon

13. BunnyJ New Member

I agree.. when.. not sure., But MS indicated that they would do that at some time in the future. And with the plan on just having a living OS it would be logical to go that rout.

BunnyJ, Aug 2, 2015
  14. I agree with the direction and love were windows 10 is headed, but I hope they stay consistent.
    Microsoft has a big tendency to do 180's,Zune,Nokia becoming windows phone, xbox music to grove music, windows 8 and then windows 10, etc....

As for features we will see in the future, I hope there will be a huge focus on Ui elements for the whole Os. I want everything from icons to the device manager updated to match the look we now see in the settings app.(retaining ease of use and features is a must.)

Here is a list of some other ideas.
    Most of these suggestions I would never use but I think would be good. Some may be already possible and I just don't know about it yet. Ignoring 3rd party options here as this is all about the core Os.

Tabs in the file explorer would be nice.
    Pressing space bar to view documents that you haven't opened.
    Support for changing keybindings on shortcuts.
    Multiple desktops that allow you to save different backgrounds and task bar setups.
    Support for more file types. .rar .7ts etc....

A full dark theme.
    The ability to have a white task bar and menu.
    A full color editor like hex and a normal square/round color picker.
    Allow me to change the length of the search box or just add it to the start menu.
    Support for Cortana in more languages/countries
    Give Cortana more voice commands like shutting the pc down.
    Fix driver updates by making windows the one stop destination or leave it to the manufactures and don't allow windows to update them.
    Color options in the calendar for events.
    More feature rich apps(I like the design of modern apps but some lack basic features that were available in older apps)
    A Password manager could be nice(I probably wouldn't use it)
    A unified mail inbox.......
    Title bars need color options,
    Support for easy theme switching as seen in some android phones.
    Customize-able login background.
    Slider for opacity levels in the os.
    Options for different types of transparency, glossy or clear.
    A slider to change the size of the task-bar
    A slider to change the space between icons on the task-bar.

Better support for malware removal and other security threats in windows defender.
    I liked windows 8 one drive integration and hope it comes back......... Don't hate me I miss my file placeholders.
    More options for brightness settings instead of 25/50/75/100 have it be 0-100%
    Continually improvements to battery life

I probably could go on much longer but you get the idea. No shortage of ideas for improvement. *Cool

welcometoheaven, Aug 2, 2015
  15. Yes, I can see them dropping the '10' in the future.

teachermark, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

1. What are your thoughts about Windows 10 being the last windows ? - Similar Threads - are thoughts being

2. what's your last name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what's your last name?: Akintola https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-your-last-name/779bae06-6261-4d32-b3c4-5e57199b9d6f
  3. what's your last name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what's your last name?: Akintola https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-your-last-name/779bae06-6261-4d32-b3c4-5e57199b9d6f
  4. what's your last name?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Refreshing thoughts on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Refreshing thoughts on Windows 10: This article should be of interest for what started and where it is going: Windows 10 turns five: Don't get too comfortable, the rules will change again | ZDNet 154975
  6. printer is being arbitrary about what it prints

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer is being arbitrary about what it prints: My Epson Stylus printer refuses to print photos with accompanying text. I can print the photos separately and I can print the text separately but not together!...
  7. Windows 10 Tip: Capture your thoughts easily with Dictation

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Tip: Capture your thoughts easily with Dictation: Did you know that with the Windows 10 April 2018 Update, it’s now easier than ever to take a note or write a paper – with just your voice, using your device’s microphone? [img] Natural computing experiences enable us to speak directly to our devices to accomplish tasks,...
  8. Thoughts about system file corruption?

in Windows 10 Support
    Thoughts about system file corruption?: Since joining this forum several months ago I've noticed many instances where SFC is needed to repair system files including my own. I am curious to see a discussion about what may cause these issues. Please weigh in with your opinions/experiences/thoughts. 30032
  9. What are your thoughts on Windows10?

in Windows 10 Support
    What are your thoughts on Windows10?: Hello again friends. I'm making assessments about the Windows 10. Please share with us your thoughts on Windows 10. Classic Start menu is really nice. 3489
  10. Microsoft’s Windows 10 event - your thoughts.

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft’s Windows 10 event - your thoughts.: well it didn't last long and they didn't give much away. name. windows 10, is it good or bad I was asking myself, its silly as forever there will be a gap and the question of what happened to windows 9 will be forever asked. features. windows 7 to get access to...