Windows 10: What are your thoughts on Windows10?

Discus and support What are your thoughts on Windows10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello again friends. I'm making assessments about the Windows 10. Please share with us your thoughts on Windows 10. Classic Start menu is really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Windows10, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Windows10 Win User

What are your thoughts on Windows10?

Hello again friends. I'm making assessments about the Windows 10. Please share with us your thoughts on Windows 10.

Classic Start menu is really nice.

:)

Windows10, Jan 8, 2015
  2. mahoram Win User

What are your thoughts about Windows 10 being the last windows ?

Have you actually installed this OS? It is worthless, there are too many compatibility issues with other programs and apps. NOT to mention the privacy issues, did you realize that you give MS permission to read your emails. Monitor what websites you visit,
    log ALL of your keystrokes. Basically their privacy statement should read YOU HAVE NO PRIVACY with our new OS. I am glad I was finial able to remove windows 10 and go back to something better

mahoram, Jan 8, 2015
  3. What are your thoughts about Windows 10 being the last windows ?

I want to go back to windows 7 can I?

WD53Kinney, Jan 8, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Just my 2c, but I really like Win10 and I plan on getting a copy when it becomes available.

BunnyJ, Jan 8, 2015
  5. Not to impressed so far

Waiting for announcement later this month to see if it has options to work similar to 8 (this is when I make up my mind on 10)

paulsalter, Jan 8, 2015
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

works for me too -- definitely interested.

Storage Spaces are my big one as improvement from W7 as is mount ISO's and also built in security.

I DO also on a desktop like the start (classic) menu. I also hope Touch features will be added back again decently on Touch (Desktop) devices. The current W10 doesn't manage Touch too well but remember the current previews were to emphasize to DESKTOP users that they could migrate from W7 without too much hassle.

W8.1 was an interesting experiment but I still prefer the "Classic" way of doing things on the desktop - and W10 works so far (considering its stage in the development cycle).

Another issue is cost -- I still have a VL W8.1 Enterprise license so I can run this on a few machines --whether I'll be able to afford W10 on a load of machines is another issue. (No more TechNet --sigh sigh).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 8, 2015
  7. Same here, it's gotta to a lot better & be able to run all applications that currently run in Windows 7 otherwise I shan't be upgrading.

Sorry, it's not a patch on Windows 7 or Stardock's Start8. Whilst not a deal breaker as long as there's a 3rd party work around - can't see Microsoft fixing this though.

WightWalker, Jan 8, 2015
  8. adamf Win User

Me too. Honestly I couldn't care less about "Start Menu" - in no version of any OS I've ever used has finding a program or a file been particularly onerous for me. Some like buttons and some like menus - I don't care. I never have to think "hmmm, I remember there is a great xxxx program I haven't used since 1983 the name of which I forget but I'm sure it is under the start menu section I created at that time"

10 is smaller than 8 and subjectively (I've not tested it) faster. Smaller is good for me as backups are quicker and I'm also a bit constrained on disk space. 7 is now so big and messy I'd not consider ever installing it again.

Like it or not MS development will be focussed on the current version so unless there is some terribly important reason for you not to (cost, you hate the UI, management will not let you or something like that) you should.

adamf, Jan 8, 2015
  9. Very true,
    Cost is the only thing that would stop me getting it
    Not a fan of the new UI style (wouldn't put it as strongly as hate it, I would adapt to it, but prefer not to if the choices are there), but we still have 8 or 9 months to go before release, plenty of time for changes to happen

paulsalter, Jan 8, 2015
  10. Winuser Win User
    I do like what MS is doing in Win 10. I'm not sure if I'll buy it or not though. It depends on what the final release is like and the price. I do know if it's not offered at a discount price I definitely won't buy it.

Winuser, Jan 8, 2015
  11. strollin Win User
    I think Win 10 is OK but I'm not chomping at the bit to get it as there is nothing in there that makes it an essential upgrade for me. I can take it or leave it. I have no plans to upgrade any of my current machines that are running Win 7 & Win 8 to Win 10.

strollin, Jan 8, 2015
  12. Chuck38 Win User
    I really like, so far! Here are some things I like..

• It boots faster then my Windows 8.1!
    • The Start Menu is nice. It could still use some UI work, but it does what it's suppose to do.
    • Thin borders on the windows.
    • The new icons.
    • Metro apps in windows.

And what I don't like...

• My back lit keyboard doesn't work with the current build.
    • I still think it should have been called Windows 9..
    • And it really doesn't have to many noticeable difference from Windows 8.. besides the Start Menu.

Besides that, I like it! *Biggrin

Chuck38, Jan 8, 2015
  13. Edwin New Member

From the Previews I've tested so far, I like it a lot! I think Windows is attaining far greater potential than anything in the past; of course, we'll see the 'light' a little more clearly in a week or two!

As far as cost is concerned:
    On Friday, October 26, 2012, I had my cursor on "Add to cart" and my credit card in the other hand, so, I'll probably do the same this time. *Wink

Edwin, Jan 8, 2015
  14. Too early to say for sure but it's not worth wasting a copy of 7 so far 8 sure why not looks like Start8 still works well on 10.

ThrashZone, Jan 8, 2015
  15. adamf Win User
    That (keyboard loading) is before the OS (at least for me). Doesn't matter what OS I use. Possibly (probably) you can fix that. Give us some more details if you can.

adamf, Jan 8, 2015
Thema:

1. What are your thoughts on Windows10? - Similar Threads - are thoughts Windows10

2. What exactly is the thought process here?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What exactly is the thought process here?: I recently spent a larger chunk of change than I care to admit to upgrade my motherboard/CPU so I could turn around and spend more money on a WIndows 11 Pro license. Overall I have to say that I'm not super impressed with what changes are made with Windows 11, and I am...
  3. What exactly is the thought process here?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What exactly is the thought process here?: I recently spent a larger chunk of change than I care to admit to upgrade my motherboard/CPU so I could turn around and spend more money on a WIndows 11 Pro license. Overall I have to say that I'm not super impressed with what changes are made with Windows 11, and I am...
  4. Thoughts on this monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Thoughts on this monitor: Loading… www.microcenter.com Over 20 bucks cheaper from Amazon though. Loading… www.amazon.com I would prefer an Asus but having a hard time finding one that isn't curved with these specs. Currently have a 27" 60hz 1080p Asus. I'm kinda scared that its a TN panel and...
  5. Thoughts on what is wrong, happens during start up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thoughts on what is wrong, happens during start up: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/meansderek [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fhs53i/thoughts_on_what_is_wrong_happens_during_start_up/
  6. What is the difference between Windows10 and Windows10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is the difference between Windows10 and Windows10 Pro?: submitted by /u/MattLee10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/evrbgk/what_is_the_difference_between_windows10_and/
  7. Windows 10 Tip: Capture your thoughts easily with Dictation

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Tip: Capture your thoughts easily with Dictation: Did you know that with the Windows 10 April 2018 Update, it’s now easier than ever to take a note or write a paper – with just your voice, using your device’s microphone? [img] Natural computing experiences enable us to speak directly to our devices to accomplish tasks,...
  8. What are your thoughts about Windows 10 being the last windows ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What are your thoughts about Windows 10 being the last windows ?: That's right folks, Windows 10 will indeed be the last windows. Instead now what they are doing is giving out updates that add new programs and other stuff that will make it much more user friendly just like the Iphones. I am totally on board with this idea because I don't...
  9. Microsoft’s Windows 10 event - your thoughts.

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft’s Windows 10 event - your thoughts.: well it didn't last long and they didn't give much away. name. windows 10, is it good or bad I was asking myself, its silly as forever there will be a gap and the question of what happened to windows 9 will be forever asked. features. windows 7 to get access to...
  10. Food for Thought

in Windows 10 Support
    Food for Thought: After spending a couple hours on the phone with MS Support and MS Inc., arguing why, when I sign into the Store with my MS Account on my 'digitally entitled' machine, why Windows DVD Player App does not show up in my list of 'Purchased Apps', whether I perform a clean install...