Windows 10: What backup media to store Macrium Reflect images-file-folder backups

Discus and support What backup media to store Macrium Reflect images-file-folder backups in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hey Everyone,I am stuck on what type and size of hard drive that I should use and store my images on and backup my personal data. I am trying to choose... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by mrje1, Aug 31, 2018.

1. mrje1 Win User

What backup media to store Macrium Reflect images-file-folder backups

Hey Everyone,I am stuck on what type and size of hard drive that I should use and store my images on and backup my personal data. I am trying to choose between either a desktop external HDD, portable external HDD or internal drive that connects in an enclosure that I would connect via USB port. I am also trying to decide which one will perform the best for making images or even backing up my personal data.I am new at this game of imaging and trying to digest everything about it. I do own a purchased copy of Macrium. Any information I forgot to share please don't hesitate to ask for clarification.

My system internal drive is 1tb in size and currently at 40gb usage This will increase more as I work with my PC. The size I was thinking about was a 2tb, is that overkill? I think it was at 160gb at one point I believe before I did my clean install a few days ago.

My other older MyBook that I have has 2tb with 1tb of my personal data that I will also be either using the Macrium imaging option or using the Macrium File and Folder backup option. So, what would you choose imaging or backup file folder option for personal data? Currently at the moment I am using a program called Goodsync set to on file change to sync to another same drive, but I am looking for a better backup strategy for my personal data.

Here are a few choices I've been thinking about. Which ones would you choose and that would perform the best for image, file-folder backups & cloning? Should I buy multiple of these drives to store multiple backups?

Thank you all for your help and assistance.

:)

mrje1, Aug 31, 2018
  2. Cliff S Win User

Reusability of a Macrium Reflect Backup Definition File

What backup media to store Macrium Reflect images-file-folder backups [​IMG]

To make comments changes:
    1. right click definition
    2. click Advanced options when window pops up
    3. go to the comments tab in the 2nd window that opens up

Cliff S, Aug 31, 2018
  3. simrick Win User
    Macrium Reflect Backup Failures

Macrium offers the option of verifying your images when they're created, if you check that box when creating your instruction file.

Otherwise, you could open Macrium, go to the restore tab, navigate to your most recent image and run Verify on it, to be sure it's good.

No, you must find the exact path that's listed in the RKILL log. Do you have show hidden files and folders enabled?

It is, and I can't tell from the Tweaking forum if he ever included reparse/junction fixes, but the guys at Bleeping Computer would know.

simrick, Aug 31, 2018
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Windows 10 backup

You haven't described what steps you are performing to backup or what program you are using.

Windows 10 has two backup utilities: File History and System Image.

I myself prefer third-party software for backup. Macrium Reflect makes my image backup in approx. 6 minutes and my file-and-folder backup in approx. 4 minutes.

BulldogXX, Aug 31, 2018
Thema:

1. What backup media to store Macrium Reflect images-file-folder backups - Similar Threads - backup media store

2. Backup VMFS image with Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup VMFS image with Macrium Reflect: Has anyone done this? The question could be strung out to backing up "any" unsupported file system. So the partition will appear as unpartioned space instead of unsupported file system which is what set of my alarm bells. I am thinking to back up using the full sector backup...
  3. Macrium reflect file backup free?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Macrium reflect file backup free?: Is the macrium reflect file folder backup free? submitted by /u/87d112 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f8hwui/macrium_reflect_file_backup_free/
  4. What if macrium reflect backup fail

What if macrium reflect backup fail: Though it has never happened but out of curiosity, I want to know, while restoring macrium image, when we delete System Reserved and OS partition and then drop the backup image at that place and if image fail to restore, and we already deleted the System Reserved and OS...
  5. What if macrium reflect backup fail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What if macrium reflect backup fail: Though it has never happened but out of curiosity, I want to know, while restoring macrium image, when we delete System Reserved and OS partition and then drop the backup image at that place and if image fail to restore, and we already deleted the System Reserved and OS...
  6. Macrium Reflect & backups & restore

Macrium Reflect & backups & restore: I threw MACRIUM into the title because I knew it would get Caledon Ken's attention as he keeps recommending it. My problem with any kind of backups is that when you do so, you are copying all existing errors, bugs and other problems that exist, so you're not getting a...
  7. Macrium reflect - running a backup/image question

Macrium reflect - running a backup/image question: I run Macrium reflect free & create an image every week but have always assumed it created a new image (due to my choosing full backup every time) but had used a small 1TB HD for backup so didn't notice anything amiss. Recently I began using a 4TB HD & therefore thought it...
  8. Missing backup definition files in macrium reflect

Missing backup definition files in macrium reflect: I have two backup tasks that appear in the "scheduled backups" tab, and they run on schedule, but they don't appear in the "backup definition files" tab. This happened due to an uninstall and reinstall. How can I get them back into the "backup definition files" tab? I...
  9. Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect: Hello Everybody, I don't understand this line. (see screenshot. I'm going to use O: as my USB drive. So do I create O:\WinPE\rescue\media? Don Cole [img] 106524
  10. Reusability of a Macrium Reflect Backup Definition File

Reusability of a Macrium Reflect Backup Definition File: I think I understand the idea behind the Macrium Reflect Backup Definition File. It saves backup settings so you don’t need to re-enter them. What I don’t get is how it’s supposed to be used over time. Right now I create a new one every time I do a full backup and then use it...