Windows 10: what benefit in adding graphic card to dell inspiron 530s

Discus and support what benefit in adding graphic card to dell inspiron 530s in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My wife has a DELL inspiron 530s.....I am trying to persuade her to let me fit a graphic card I have....a Geforce GT-730 1GB DDR5 OC boost edition.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by reddwarf4ever, Dec 28, 2015.

1. what benefit in adding graphic card to dell inspiron 530s

My wife has a DELL inspiron 530s.....I am trying to persuade her to let me fit a graphic card I have....a Geforce GT-730 1GB DDR5 OC boost edition.

she does not play games, but does a fair bit of web browsing and uses MS office word a lot....

what I would like to know ( for me its a no brainer, as I already have the card, have no use for it and being low profile will fit the dell perfectly ) is what benefit should she expect to see and or will it give some measure of future proofing as websites become more complex....?

thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, Dec 28, 2015
  2. FedeIT Win User

Windows 10 Bad_System_Config_Info

My PC is a DELL XPS 8300 and the graphic card is NVIDIA GeForce GT 530, 1GB

FedeIT, Dec 28, 2015
  3. mklan Win User
    Windows 10 not working with a second monitor?

Just bought a Dell Inspiron all-in-one with Windows 10 (i7). Installed all updates without any problems (FYI, I replaced an Inspiron One 2320.)

I attached my second monitor (Samsung) via HTMI cable. Nothing. (The monitor was connected to the Inspiron One by a VGA cable. It worked fine.)

Checked the Display settings in the control panel. It shows a second monitor (does that mean it detects it?). I've tried doing what you suggested above. Nothing.

I've triple checked the connections, rebooted both the monitor and the PC. Nothing.

This has an Intel HD Graphics 530 (card?) and seems to be described as a Generic PnP Monitor (driver?).

What next?

mklan, Dec 28, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

what benefit in adding graphic card to dell inspiron 530s

I don't think it's going to be worth the effort given what she's using it for. And what is the output on the power supply?? Factor that in if you go ahead and try to install the graphic card.

But if it were me.. I wouldn't do it.

BunnyJ, Dec 28, 2015
  5. I would agree with NOT trying to use the graphics card. The Intel video chip does an adequate job of 2D graphics, and unless it is limiting you to a resolution lower than the maximum the monitor will take (or you want to use), there is nothing gained by switching to a video card.

Mark Phelps, Dec 28, 2015
  6. power demand is very low.....

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Dec 28, 2015
  7. bobkn Win User
    I beg to differ from posters 2 and 3, if only because I dislike the driver support for older Intel onboard graphics. The GT730 is supported by the latest nVidia drivers.

What graphics driver is the Inspiron 530s running now? If it is the Microsoft Basic display drivers, that'd give you a serious motive to put in a more up-to-date graphics card.

The 250W PSU in the 530s is maybe a little light, but I doubt that the graphics cards sold as options with the 530s consume less power than the GT730.

bobkn, Dec 29, 2015
  8. what benefit in adding graphic card to dell inspiron 530s

yes basic MS or DELL drivers.....I never like integrated graphic cards....especially on old DELL PC's just done for cheapness...

thought this graphic card although not a gaming one will give a bit more power to document, graphic and ever more complicated and involved web pages and as Imhave it spare thought it would do a good turn. easy to fit, so any gain must be good....

reddwarf4ever, Dec 29, 2015
  9. Berton Win User
    I have the Insider Win10 on a Dell Inspiron 530S [Small Form Factor] working just fine with the onboard VGA adapter. If wanting to change I'd have to find a card with the Low Profile mounting plate.

Berton, Dec 29, 2015
  10. bobkn Win User
    If the machine is using the dreaded Microsoft Basic drivers (meaning that the installer couldn't find anything for the onboard graphics), then by all means throw in the card. The generic drivers give rather awful performance for some tasks, even outside of games. I wouldn't be surprised if even mundane things like YouTube videos were affected.

bobkn, Dec 29, 2015
  11. Hi
    This is why I bought this card, it has a low profile bracket included and has a very low power consumption, as these dell PC's have a 250W psu, which is incredibly low....not good for games really, but should improve for productivity web sites etc....also has hdmi output...

12. BunnyJ New Member
    Let's think more outside of the box a bit. Why not just build her a new PC with a nice I3 processor??

BunnyJ, Dec 29, 2015
  13. what benefit in adding graphic card to dell inspiron 530s

simple answer.....no money LOL

14. BunnyJ New Member
    Then buy the parts over time... you don't need them all at once. *Wink But I understand... *Smile

BunnyJ, Dec 29, 2015
  15. sometims i think buying parts over time s a bad move, by the time the final part is bought, the first is out of date or much cheaper.....saving up is an answer....but she happy with it as is, just trying to improve the experience for her

thanks

Thema:

what benefit in adding graphic card to dell inspiron 530s

1. what benefit in adding graphic card to dell inspiron 530s - Similar Threads - benefit adding graphic

2. What are the benefit of changing hwid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are the benefit of changing hwid: I just seen alot of people asking if their can change their hwid, i thought its not possible, but i guess i ill have to ask the higher up like this community, im pretty sure there are some cons when changing...
  3. Can 3D Builder benefit from a graphics card?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can 3D Builder benefit from a graphics card?: I have an i7-12700k with the built in Intel® UHD Graphics 770. Sometime when I emboss an object or subtract from an object and it needs to repair the object, it can take 15 minutes or longer to complete. According to resource monitor CPU usage hovers around 7% and my onboard...
  4. Can 3D Builder benefit from a graphics card?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can 3D Builder benefit from a graphics card?: I have an i7-12700k with the built in Intel® UHD Graphics 770. Sometime when I emboss an object or subtract from an object and it needs to repair the object, it can take 15 minutes or longer to complete. According to resource monitor CPU usage hovers around 7% and my onboard...
  5. Graphic Card on dell optiplex 790

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic Card on dell optiplex 790: Hey guys I want to add a graphic card in my dell optiplex 790 i7 2nd gen but i don't know which one is compatible with the motherboard etc and can i add a good graphic card such as 1050ti after increasing the power supply Any suggestions about it...
  6. Network Card on a 2019 Dell inspiron not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Card on a 2019 Dell inspiron not working: Im am trying to help fix my friend's computer. her computer stopped having access to the computer. I went into device manager/Network Adapters, and could not find anything in there other than WAN Miniport. So I went to troubleshoot and clicked on Network Adapter and this is...
  7. regarding my dell laptop graphic card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    regarding my dell laptop graphic card: The file...
  8. Dell Inspiron

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Inspiron: I have a 6 yr old Dell Inspiron 15 laptop running Windows 10. I had external speakers (Logitech) working fine for years, playing my ITunes music. I decided to improve my sound further by connecting to my new Polk speakers via my Yamaha AVR. No sound. Internal speakers work,...
  9. Adding Memory to a Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Adding Memory to a Graphics Card: Good morning everyone, I have a NVidia Quadro K1100 with 2gigs of memory. Is it possible to add more memory to the card? 115483
  10. Dell Inspiron

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell Inspiron: Hi I have been having trouble starting my dell Inspiron 6400 it was last running Windows 10 Build 9841. it was working fine with no problems at all until one morning when I tried to turn it on it was not showing Dell Logo just turning on and showing my Num lock, Scroll...