Windows 10: What Cable Internet Company should I get?

Discus and support What Cable Internet Company should I get? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm getting WI-FI soon so I will ask this question: Which cable internet company should I get? I have limited it down to two: Charter or Xfinity. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by d2123cross, May 3, 2015.

1. What Cable Internet Company should I get?

I'm getting WI-FI soon so I will ask this question: Which cable internet company should I get? I have limited it down to two: Charter or Xfinity. Any thoughts? This will NOT be bundled it will be only internet.

Thanks,
    Cross

:)

d2123cross, May 3, 2015
  2. Info Guy Win User

Windows 10 - Networks problems with latest version 14393.447

Hello.

Any problems with version 1607 OS build 14393.447? I Work in an IT company. Has received many Windows 10 PCs regarding problems with internet connection on Wi-fi and cable after the last update. I just take a few reboots, annnd everything works as it should.

Whats up with the last version?

Info Guy, May 3, 2015
  3. JimWynne Win User
    uninstall Cortana in windows 10

You do have the right to decide what's installed. You can remove the OS any time you want to.
    You agreed to the terms of use. Your car and cable company analogies fail miserably because had you contractually agreed to accept the car or cable service as provided by the seller, you would be in the same boat.

JimWynne, May 3, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

What Cable Internet Company should I get?

I've had both, and I find it hard to believe you have a choice.. typically they don't compete in the same area.

They're both fast, and they both have the same quality of service (good or bad, depends on who you ask, and the area). So you should probably just make a decision based on price.

Mystere, May 3, 2015
  5. I'm going with charter.

d2123cross, May 7, 2015
  6. WOW! Do you actually have both companies available on your street?
    That's totally unheard of, in this part of the country. WiFi (mobile phone) companies are totally different.

It's like power companies, or Telephone companies.....only one is licensed to work in any area.

Please let us know, how things work out for you.

*Cool

TechnoMage, May 31, 2015
  7. elbmek Win User
    As you are USA, I cant help but advise on what I use.

Virginmedia (google it) cable broadband in UK, 152+MB, router is what they call superhub2, its wireless and rj45 cable. I use my pc on cable but my laptop and phone uses the wireless. My phone (4g) is super fast compared with my last one and I hardly have to wait at all for the page I require online etc. My daughter also uses her laptop upstairs via wireless or cable, as I ran a 15metre rj45 cable up to her room. If you see this on a comparable USA system, have a good look at it.

elbmek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

What Cable Internet Company should I get?

1. What Cable Internet Company should I get? - Similar Threads - Cable Internet Company

2. What monitor resolution should I get?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    What monitor resolution should I get?: Not a gamer, but do watch a lot of streaming content. For streaming 1080P and 4K content, and wanting the cleanest/highest resolution, should it be a true 4K monitor (not UHD)- since the pixel count divides closer to an even number? Is there an AMD/other scaling program to...
  3. What should I do when app say no internet?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do when app say no internet?: For some reason, when open chrome and searching something, it always say no internet but i was conected to wifi, only microsoft edge don't have that bug, i has to reinstall the chrome but it's fail. My game say no internet, but after reinstall it works normal, other don't...
  4. What should I do when app say no internet?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What should I do when app say no internet?: For some reason, when open chrome and searching something, it always say no internet but i was conected to wifi, only microsoft edge don't have that bug, i has to reinstall the chrome but it's fail. My game say no internet, but after reinstall it works normal, other don't...
  5. What should I do when app say no internet?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. what Microsoft flight Sim should I get and where should I get it at

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what Microsoft flight Sim should I get and where should I get it at: hello I was wondering if someone could help me with what Microsoft flight simulator I should get and where should I get it at I'm running windows 11 thanks for help...
  7. what Microsoft flight Sim should I get and where should I get it at

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what Microsoft flight Sim should I get and where should I get it at: hello I was wondering if someone could help me with what Microsoft flight simulator I should get and where should I get it at I'm running windows 11 thanks for help...
  8. Windows 11 internet speed not what it should be

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 internet speed not what it should be: On my xbox with a hardwire connection i'm getting up to 300mgbs but on my PC running windows 11 I can only get 40 but when I run a speed test on my PC it shows I'm getting ruphly 300 upload 10 download and have 11mls ping...
  9. What is dasHost.exe? Should I allow dasHost.exe internet access?

in Windows 10 News
    What is dasHost.exe? Should I allow dasHost.exe internet access?: [ATTACH]If you are seeing dasHost.exe on your Windows 11/10 computer and wondering what it is, we covered it for you. In this guide, we discuss what dasHost.exe is and if you should allow dasHost.exe internet access? What is dasHost.exe? Device Association Framework Provider...
  10. What antivirus should i get for my laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What antivirus should i get for my laptop?: Hello, I need help getting a antivirus program for my Windows 10 laptop, I would like it to have the following: Anti-Bloatware Anti-Run on startup (Some spyware can run on startup even if everything that runs on startup is disabled in settings) Anti-Spyware Anti-Malware...