Windows 10: What can I do in safe mode?

Discus and support What can I do in safe mode? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My windows 10 computer booted up to the safe mode. Now, what can I do from the safe mode? What can I do in safe mode?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RudyVargas2, Aug 5, 2018.

1. What can I do in safe mode?

My windows 10 computer booted up to the safe mode. Now, what can I do from the safe mode? What can I do in safe mode?

:)

RudyVargas2, Aug 5, 2018

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 5, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Aug 5, 2018
  4. What can I do in safe mode?

Safe mode problem

Hi,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• By saying that you have a "Safe mode problem," did you mean to say that your computer is stuck in Safe mode or are you unable to boot it to Safe mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you attempted to resolve your concern?

If this is caused by recent programs installed on your computer, then we suggest you to run
    System Restore to revert your system files to an earlier date. To run System Restore, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • On the run command box, type "RSTRUI.EXE" and hit enter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Make sure that you choose the restore point date when your computer was working fine. Please be advised that programs and applications installed on your computer after the restore point will be removed.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

What can I do in safe mode?

1. What can I do in safe mode? - Similar Threads - safe mode

2. Selecting F4 or 4 will not let me access Safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selecting F4 or 4 will not let me access Safe mode: I am trying to clean install windows 11 from usb and got stuck with Other Users sign in Screen. image attachedThen I am trying to bypass this by following the youtube link attached to try going into safe mode but selecting F4 or 4 will not let me access Safe mode.It just...
  3. Selecting F4 or 4 will not let me access Safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Selecting F4 or 4 will not let me access Safe mode: I am trying to clean install windows 11 from usb and got stuck with Other Users sign in Screen. image attachedThen I am trying to bypass this by following the youtube link attached to try going into safe mode but selecting F4 or 4 will not let me access Safe mode.It just...
  4. Can't boot, not even in safe mode after last update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't boot, not even in safe mode after last update.: After the last update I was having constant usb device errors. One was for a logitech camera but the others I believe were for a card reader installed in my case. I tried disabling the devices but I kept getting the errors. I also disabled USB root hub because I saw a...
  5. Can't boot, not even in safe mode after last update.

Can't boot, not even in safe mode after last update.: After the last update I was having constant usb device errors. One was for a logitech camera but the others I believe were for a card reader installed in my case. I tried disabling the devices but I kept getting the errors. I also disabled USB root hub because I saw a...
  6. User disappeared after enabling safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User disappeared after enabling safe mode: I was accessing the hidden administrator cdm through enabling safe mode via restart. However my personal user profile has stopped appearing at the login page when entered into safe mode. This has still been the case after exiting to normal mode.I have attempted to perform a...
  7. User disappeared after enabling safe mode

User disappeared after enabling safe mode: I was accessing the hidden administrator cdm through enabling safe mode via restart. However my personal user profile has stopped appearing at the login page when entered into safe mode. This has still been the case after exiting to normal mode.I have attempted to perform a...
  8. I tried to put my pc in safe mode from the power button now it’ll tur

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I tried to put my pc in safe mode from the power button now it’ll tur: I tried to put my pc in safe mode from the power button now it’ll turN but not mouse keyboard and display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-tried-to-put-my-pc-in-safe-mode-from-the-power/7121c677-b633-43ec-822b-b2f3d10650f7
  9. I tried to put my pc in safe mode from the power button now it’ll turn on but keyboard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I tried to put my pc in safe mode from the power button now it’ll turn on but keyboard...: I tried to put my pc in safe mode from the power button now it’ll turn the computer but not keyboard mouse or display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-tried-to-put-my-pc-in-safe-mode-from-the-power/9d3012e8-ace0-4bc0-be70-f3bd95c736db
  10. I tried to put my pc in safe mode from the power button now it’ll turn on but keyboard...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I tried to put my pc in safe mode from the power button now it’ll turn on but keyboard...: I tried to put my pc in safe mode from the power button now it’ll turn the computer but not keyboard mouse or display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-tried-to-put-my-pc-in-safe-mode-from-the-power/9d3012e8-ace0-4bc0-be70-f3bd95c736db