Windows 10: What could be causing this problem accessing sites via internet?

Discus and support What could be causing this problem accessing sites via internet? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I sometimes get the message at the bottom of this posting for multiple websites. My husband thinks it might be something about my profile because he... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sw111, Jul 5, 2018.

1. sw111 Win User

What could be causing this problem accessing sites via internet?

I sometimes get the message at the bottom of this posting for multiple websites.

My husband thinks it might be something about my profile because he tried one of the websites and was able to reach it from his profile. However, the lack of access goes in and out, so it may have simply passed.

I have re-set my router and checked my internet speed with my carrier. Running the diagnostics doesn't reveal anything. I have tried the websites in multiple browsers.

This became a problem after we got a new router. I don't know if that's a coincidence or not.

Here's the error message I get:

This site can’t be reached

www.online-stopwatch.com took too long to respond.

Try:

• Checking the connection
    • Checking the proxy and the firewall
    • Running Windows Network Diagnostics

ERR_TIMED_OUT

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows Settings

:)

sw111, Jul 5, 2018

2. After Windows 10 Upgrade, flash sites cause Internet Explorer to "not respond" (freeze)

Hello,

As you are facing issues with accessing the websites on Internet Explorer, we will help you with this issue.

Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to add the website under trusted sites in Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Follow:

• Open Internet Explorer
    • Click Tools/ Settings at the right top corner of the window.
    • Click Internet Options
    • Click the Security tab
    • Click Trusted sites
    • Click Sites
    • Click on Add this website to the zone to add the site.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the website for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 5, 2018
  3. Toddbooks Win User
    Problem with UK Government sites access

I have a problem with UK Government sites on this computer. I have tried accessing and filing on the companies house site, and have today tried to file a tax return with HMRC. In both cases I have been able to log in, but when moving to the next step to actually do anything I get either an error message or a screen freeze. I have not had problems with any other websites.
    I have used an old laptop computer and found that both sites work well on that machine without problems, using the same email address and access codes, so it would seem that the problem lies with this computer but I cannot work out what the problem might be.
    Are there any suggestions as to what I could try?

Toddbooks, Jul 5, 2018
  4. Cruvenium Win User

[IE6] Internet Explorer Cannot Download / [SITE]

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem with my Internet Explorer 6.

In any website I try to access, I get this

Internet Explorer cannot download / SITE
    Internet Explorere was not able to open this internet site.

There's a downloading file right behind it. I'm just trying to access a site, but it shows that. Why is it? Is there a way to cure this error?

Cruvenium, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

1. What could be causing this problem accessing sites via internet? - Similar Threads - causing problem accessing

2. What could cause this crash?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What could cause this crash?: So i have had my a Alienware x17 r1 for maybe a year. Started off good. Then it started crashing few months back. I took it back to where i purchased and they sent if off. 2 weeks later i pick it up. They said that "we dont kn9w what youre expericing, everything ran perfect...
  3. What could cause this crash?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What could cause this crash?: So i have had my a Alienware x17 r1 for maybe a year. Started off good. Then it started crashing few months back. I took it back to where i purchased and they sent if off. 2 weeks later i pick it up. They said that "we dont kn9w what youre expericing, everything ran perfect...
  4. What could cause this crash?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Access internet via proxy

Access internet via proxy: I am trying to upgrade a old windows program oracle sql developer run on windows server 2016 , as you can see in jpg , when clicking checking update , it asks to setup the http proxy , I am wonder that this server is no need to connect internet via proxy , it can access...
  6. accessing site problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    accessing site problem: Whenever I try to log on to my servers website, I get an "error has occurred, try again or call us" message which just repeats. Yet I can log on using my android phone Similarly, when accessing a travel booking site, I get an "your session has expired message", again I can...
  7. accessing site problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    accessing site problem: Whenever I try to log on to my servers website, I get an "error has occurred, try again or call us" message which just repeats. Yet I can log on using my android phone Similarly, when accessing a travel booking site, I get an "your session has expired message", again I can...
  8. accessing site problem

9. Suddenly no access to Internet via Wifi, except for certain sites

Suddenly no access to Internet via Wifi, except for certain sites: Without me changing anything, suddenly I can just access certain sites via Wifi, for example google, youtube, wikipedia or this website. Also, it is not possible for me to use a VPN anymore (Cyberghost) which has warked perfectly fine just a few days ago too (and for some...
  10. Problem with accessing the Internet via Wi-Fi

Problem with accessing the Internet via Wi-Fi: I have this problem with access to my Wi-Fi at home that’s driving me crazy. Since it only occurs on three laptops that run Windows10, I suspect it might be something to do with Windows10 and not the router itself. Other devices which do not run Windows10, like iPhones or...