Windows 10: WHAT Did MSoft Do To My PC on Their Upgrade

Discus and support WHAT Did MSoft Do To My PC on Their Upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can't even keep a stable session long enough to describe all the MSoft has screwed up on their update. Any suggestions? 62139 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gplea, Aug 30, 2016.

1. gplea Win User

WHAT Did MSoft Do To My PC on Their Upgrade

I can't even keep a stable session long enough to describe all the MSoft has screwed up on their update. Any suggestions?

:)

gplea, Aug 30, 2016
  2. RonKleist Win User

How to avoid automatic Windows 10 upgrade?

*Original Title: win 10 upgrade

microsoft upgrade me without permission from win 8.1 to win 10. Cannot find my bluetooth mouse. Had no idea msoft had unilateral permission to force upgrades. how do I get back to win 10. Prefer help from a source not connected to msoft.

RonKleist, Aug 30, 2016
  3. Win 10 failure after reboot

After running Win 10 upgrade from Win 8.1 - I cannot get my system to boot up - it goes into a reboot cycle and displays a message about system Thread...

i did setup system restore after my upgrade and it has been running fine for nearly a week.

How I can restore something to allow the boot to complete?

I do not have any original media from the Win 10 upgrade - just what was downloaded from the msoft site for the original upgrade,

SamCourtney, Aug 30, 2016
  4. VBJP Win User

I'm sorry that you're having problems with MS Update.
    But if you want to recieve help you will have to provide more info what is your problem what update broke your pc. was it the Windows 10 Anniversary update? or some of cumulative updates do you know KB?
    there is known issues with Anniversary update but it should be stable enough to work for most parts.
    What problems do you have exactly is it BSOD or other kind of crashes? any error messages?
    Because now your post sounds like angry rant.

5. bro67 Win User
    The update did not make it unstable. It is the fact that you did an upgrade and had issues that your prior version of Windows did not take care of during housekeeping, along with any changes you may have made, that can roll over with the newer version.

If it is older software and games, that is a known issue with Windows 10 that those areas are ongoing.

bro67, Aug 30, 2016
  6. lmaneke Win User
    I agree with what is said above. I had a problem after the upgrade, but I already had a couple is issues with 10586, so those issues were worse after the upgrade. I did a clean install of the Anniversary update, and all is well. No problems.

lmaneke, Aug 30, 2016
  7. matfx Win User
    I did received the Anniversary Update on the first week of its launched, doesn't have any major problem on my hardware.

matfx, Aug 30, 2016
  8. gplea Win User

Well, in my defense, I DID try to elaborate about my issues, but as I said, my laptop kept on freezing on Chrome. Can you please give me the link to reinstall the Anniversary Update, and any other info I need to get it done.

Thanks again,
    GPL

gplea, Aug 30, 2016
  9. Berton Win User
    Click the Start button, click Settings icon, click Recovery. You can go back to the previous version or Reset the computer but with Reset you may lose your data so back up to a different drive anything you created, don't want to lose or doesn't exist anywhere else first "just in case".

Berton, Aug 30, 2016
  10. lmaneke Win User
    Go to Google and type, Windows 10 media creation tool. Once you download the tool, download the Anniversary update and save it as an ISO, burn to a DVD, and there you have install media to reinstall Windows

lmaneke, Aug 30, 2016
  11. bro67 Win User
    That will only lead them to a malware site. They need to go to microsoft.com not do a search on the web.

bro67, Aug 31, 2016
  12. EdTittel Win User
    EdTittel, Aug 31, 2016
  13. lmaneke Win User

I've searched on the web many times and have found the link to the Microsoft site to download it. So it is there. Yes that is true, there are links to malware sites on search engines, so I agree with you there.

lmaneke, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. WHAT Did MSoft Do To My PC on Their Upgrade - Similar Threads - Did MSoft Upgrade

2. Why did Msoft destroy Photos once again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did Msoft destroy Photos once again?: First they removed a serviceable red eye tool, and now spot fix, just when it was basically perfect. There is a new tool, but it's a batch processor with a wait for processing. That means you can't do too much work at once, because if one area doesn't come out right you have...
  3. Why did Msoft destroy Photos once again?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did Msoft destroy Photos once again?: First they removed a serviceable red eye tool, and now spot fix, just when it was basically perfect. There is a new tool, but it's a batch processor with a wait for processing. That means you can't do too much work at once, because if one area doesn't come out right you have...
  4. What did you do to my computer?!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What did you do to my computer?!!!!!!!: You're last unsolicited update today DELETED all of my file folders on This PC. I only have access to One Drive or Quick Access now and most of my things are missing....
  5. What did you do to my computer?!!!!!!!

What did you do to my computer?!!!!!!!: You're last unsolicited update today DELETED all of my file folders on This PC. I only have access to One Drive or Quick Access now and most of my things are missing....
  6. What did I do to my Desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What did I do to my Desktop?: When right-clicking on my desktop I get little boxes where arrows used to be. And the font for my clock is slightly different. I must have lost a font, can you tell me what I need to download?...
  7. What did I do to my Desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What did I do to my Desktop?: When right-clicking on my desktop I get little boxes where arrows used to be. And the font for my clock is slightly different. I must have lost a font, can you tell me what I need to download?...
  8. What did I do to my Desktop?

9. what did you do with my emails?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what did you do with my emails?: was using cox and google email just fine on this PC with windows10, then recent windows 10 updates disturbed everything! cannot find any link to my emails. please fix it. thanks...
  10. what did my windows just do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what did my windows just do?: woke up this morning turned on my pc and windows did something ive never seen before after it turned on it was like setting up windows like it was the first time... my jaw drops havent even had my coffee yet hit the next button a few times and...it booted up everything...