What differences are between 64 bit and 32 bit windows 10?

Discus and support What differences are between 64 bit and 32 bit windows 10? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hi all, I am thinking about re-installing windows 10, but this time I want to install the 32 bit version because of Excel that is crashing when I put... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sven1458, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Sven1458 Win User

Hi all,
    I am thinking about re-installing windows 10, but this time I want to install the 32 bit version because of Excel that is crashing when I put numbers in the cells.
    I know that there are other programs that can open and edit excel files, but they don’t “feel” the same.
    Thanks
    Sven

:)

Sven1458, Jun 8, 2018
  2. RobertJWin Win User

Differences between Windows 10 32 bit and 64 bit

16-bit DOS and Windows programs will not run directly on 64-bit Windows.

There's lots of detailed info. about the differences between the 32 and 64-bit Windows available on the net if you search, but basically if you have 4GB or more of RAM then install Win10 64-bit, otherwise stick to 32-bit.

RobertJWin, Jun 8, 2018
  3. R. Michael Schiavone Win User
    Differences between Windows 10 32 bit and 64 bit

Can someone please tell me the differences between Windows 10 32 bit and 64 bit?

I am in the process of planning a drive wipe and re-install of Win 10 and I am wondering if 32 bit will work for me. Some favorite older programs will still load and run on 64 bit and others flat out refuse. Even DOS programs. Some DOS oldies like Wolfenstein
    3D still run on the 64 bit platform while others, like the 1st two versions of Descent, will not?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

R. Michael Schiavone, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

What differences are between 64 bit and 32 bit windows 10? - Similar Threads - differences are between

1. Difference Between Exploit Protection DEP & Performance Options DEP

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Difference Between Exploit Protection DEP & Performance Options DEP: When I was playing around with some settings in Windows Defender, I noticed that there is a setting to turn on/turn off DEP in the Exploit Protection settings section. I've had trouble with DEP on Windows 7 so I ran the following command to disable it completely: bcdedit.exe...
  2. Difference Between WSUS and wushowhide.diagcab (Show/Hide)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Difference Between WSUS and wushowhide.diagcab (Show/Hide): ...we might have had this conversation in another thread. I said I was a cynic and you said you were not : ) So we did... *Smile Changed Windows Update Assistant Settings and Have a Question
  3. What is difference, (dis)advantages between Dynamic and MBR/GPT disks?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is difference, (dis)advantages between Dynamic and MBR/GPT disks?: Hi! I was searching for solution how to allow MBR disk add more than 4 primary partitions. At searching I found not new for me, but unknown option - dynamic disk. Please explain me advantages, disadvantages between dynamic and MBR/GPT disks. Also how dynamic disk works...
  4. Difference between Lenovo Z50-70 laptop models in terms of drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Difference between Lenovo Z50-70 laptop models in terms of drivers: I just clean installed my Windows and started searching for my laptop drivers. I own a Lenovo Z50-70 laptop. When I entered the support site I noticed 3 "versions" of my laptop. Z50-70: Error Z50-70 - type 20354: Error Z50-70 - type 80E7: Error As I checked,...
  5. Software to manage file sharing between different OS systems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Software to manage file sharing between different OS systems: Some years ago, maybe even a decade or so, I had an application that provided a connection between computer systems. I had a Mac laptop at the time and a Windows HTPC. It offered more options than just connecting shared folders, but made it so much easier for sharing as well...
  6. No Size Difference between Large and Extra Large Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    No Size Difference between Large and Extra Large Thumbnails: I used to be able to Control scroll with the mouse wheel to expand the thumbnail (icon) size to "Extra Large Icons". Now large and extra large produces the same size thumbnail, but with extra large there is more space between each. How can fix this so the thumbnail actually...
  7. Difference between UEFI and BIOS

in Windows 10 Support
    Difference between UEFI and BIOS: I'm confused with terminology and origin of UEFI and BIOS. I only understand benefits of UEFI. Is UEFI part of BIOS? Can PC have both? Are boot modes parts of UEFI or BIOS? Where UEFI is stored on PC? Does OS contains UEFI? Can UEFI be flashed/updated? Two good...