Windows 10: What do I need to do befor I change video card from Nvidia to AMD

Discus and support What do I need to do befor I change video card from Nvidia to AMD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I am going to change my video card from NVIDIA to a new AMD card my question is what do I have to do to get ready before I put in the new video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Littlejohn56, Nov 21, 2016.

1. What do I need to do befor I change video card from Nvidia to AMD

Hi I am going to change my video card from NVIDIA to a new AMD card my question is what do I have to do to get ready before I put in the new video card?

Thanks John

:)

Littlejohn56, Nov 21, 2016

2. it says i need an email program? were do i get it from?

it tells me there is an email program needed that i dont have. were do i get it from

what do i do,,,, Nov 21, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Device Manager = Which device do I choose?

Hardware drivers are always provided by the hardware manufacturer, so you'll find them on the hardware manufacturer's website.

In the case of video cards: most video card manufacturers cards use technology from nVidia or AMD, so you'll find drivers for those cards on the nVidia or AMD website.

You need to know the model number of your video card.

Here is where you'll find video drivers for
    nVidia
    and for
    AMD
    . Both websites have detailed installation instructions; read them carefully before you start. It's a good idea to print them out before you start.

If you're not sure whether you have an nVidia video card or an AMD video card, reply to this thread and tell us the model number of your video card.

BulldogXX, Nov 21, 2016
  4. Grom0X Win User

What do I need to do befor I change video card from Nvidia to AMD

Hi John, you need to download Display Driver Uninstaller http://www.wagnardsoft.com/DDU/downl...0v17.0.3.0.exe, extract DDU on your desktop, run it to the Safe Mode, then choose Clean and Shutdown.
    Now open your PC and change Graphic Card, boot Windows, then download AMD drivers and install.
    Cheers

Grom0X, Nov 21, 2016
  5. slotty15 Win User
    Usually you have to uninstall the drivers (via control panel) for the one you are using first. It will make the screen look very low resolution. Then you power off the machine. Disconnect power to the case. Swap the cards over and re-connect up. Power up the case. Boot up. When you get as far as the desktop, if it doesn't happen automatically, load the Microsoft drivers via control panel. Then adjust resolutions etc. You can then get the disk or driver package for the new card and update the drivers for it.

slotty15, Nov 21, 2016
  6. Thanks *Smile

Littlejohn56, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

What do I need to do befor I change video card from Nvidia to AMD

1. What do I need to do befor I change video card from Nvidia to AMD - Similar Threads - need befor change

2. What do I need to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do I need to do?: When I turn my PC on it loads like normal, after I type my pin and sign in, it takes it a bit longer than normal to load, but when it do it shows my homescreen with my applications on the screen but my Hot barthe bar on the bottom of the screen is transparent with nothing on...
  3. What do I need to do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do I need to do?: When I turn my PC on it loads like normal, after I type my pin and sign in, it takes it a bit longer than normal to load, but when it do it shows my homescreen with my applications on the screen but my Hot barthe bar on the bottom of the screen is transparent with nothing on...
  4. what do I need to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what do I need to do?: my windows surface has been showing an error of "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK' to restart the computer, and then restart the installation." after clicking "OK" it...
  5. what do I need to do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what do I need to do?: my windows surface has been showing an error of "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK' to restart the computer, and then restart the installation." after clicking "OK" it...
  6. what do I need to do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How do I select nvidia graphics card instead of amd integrated graphics card

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I select nvidia graphics card instead of amd integrated graphics card: when i went to display settings to set 144hz refresh rate, it only let me choose from two options; 60hz, 40hz. My internal display was connected to my integrated amd graphics card instead of my dedicated gtx 1650, thus not allowing 144hz refresh rate on my monitor, how do i...
  8. What do I need to know before resetting?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What do I need to know before resetting?: My W10 is running very slow. I tried all official suggestions and suggestions in threads that did not fix it. A reset seems to be my last option. Do I need to have an activation code and do I need installation media? Is there anything else I need to know that I'm not asking?...
  9. Windows 10 automatically disables Video Card. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 automatically disables Video Card. What do I do?: Hi! I am using my longest-lived laptop (just under 5 years now!) and I'm starting to get some annoying errors. I think it's going to die on me soon. But I want to extend it's life as long as I can, so can someone please help me? My specific issue: About 4 or 5 months ago...
  10. Windows 10 automatically disables Video Card. What do I do?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 automatically disables Video Card. What do I do?: Hi! I am using my longest-lived laptop (just under 5 years now!) and I'm starting to get some annoying errors. I think it's going to die on me soon. But I want to extend it's life as long as I can, so can someone please help me? My specific issue: About 4 or 5 months ago...