Windows 10: what do the colours mean on taskbar apps

Discus and support what do the colours mean on taskbar apps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; chrome is running with a blue line underneath but steam has a yellow line and it's half highlighted yellow but it's not downloading or running anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cxztiel, Feb 23, 2016.

1. cxztiel Win User

what do the colours mean on taskbar apps

chrome is running with a blue line underneath but steam has a yellow line and it's half highlighted yellow but it's not downloading or running anything and it's been like that for the past 10 minutes

so what do the colours mean and why is the steam one like that?

thanks

what do the colours mean on taskbar apps [​IMG]

:)

cxztiel, Feb 23, 2016

2. Sticky Notes

When I pin Sticky Notes to the taskbar, there is no colour in the app so i cannot see it on the taskbar.

How do I ge the colour back into the app

RichardVan der velde, Feb 23, 2016
  3. How do I change taskbar/folder title bar text colors? in Windows 10

Go into Settings/Personalisation/Colours. There you will find the means to change colours. Taskbar colours are at the bottom of the page.

Alan Russell, Feb 23, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Hi @cxztiel
    Welcome to tenforums.com! *Smile

My guess is blue is your accent color and the yellow is something loading in Steam and may have gotten hung up. A guess though.

Edwin, Feb 23, 2016
  5. I'll second Edwin's guess that blue is your accent color, cxztiel, because blue is my accent color too, and my Edge taskbar icon has the same color line under it. I don't have Steam, so I can't say anything authoritative about that. *Smile

robertwnielsen, Feb 23, 2016
  6. cato Win User
    If you have something downloading from Steam that could be the reason. Normally it should show the accent color the same as other icons.

cato, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. what do the colours mean on taskbar apps - Similar Threads - colours mean taskbar

2. What do this mean?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do this mean?: Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly....
  3. What do this mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do this mean?: Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly....
  4. What does "Open with 'app name'" mean and do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does "Open with 'app name'" mean and do?: Whenever I drag one app icon from my desktop on to another, it always says open with that app name. For example, if I drag WinRAR on Google Chrome, it will say 'Open with Google Chrome.'...
  5. What does "Open with 'app name'" mean and do?

What does "Open with 'app name'" mean and do?: Whenever I drag one app icon from my desktop on to another, it always says open with that app name. For example, if I drag WinRAR on Google Chrome, it will say 'Open with Google Chrome.'...
  6. What do these mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do these mean?: Do not mind the pcture of me n the frst photo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-these-mean/14eca1b7-88b2-4190-bca3-035cbbe64f58
  7. What do these mean?

What do these mean?: Do not mind the pcture of me n the frst photo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-these-mean/14eca1b7-88b2-4190-bca3-035cbbe64f58
  8. What is the taskbar colour registry key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is the taskbar colour registry key?: [ATTACH] So for a while now I've been trying to find the registry key that changes the colour of the taskbar but nothing I have found on the internet has worked. I am using registry changes view to track the changes between setting a new colour and these are all the...
  9. Taskbar colour

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar colour: Since the 1903 update, my taskbar is a light colour. I have been to settings, colour, but the 'start menu, taskbar, action center' box is greyed out. If I change main colour to dark then all folders go dark. I only want a dark taskbar. Any help appreciated. Thank you. 135495
  10. What do the colours mean in 'Mail'

in Browsers and Email
    What do the colours mean in 'Mail': In 'Mail' (W10) every email has a coloured circle in the top left hand corner. Are the colours significant in any way? 103478