Windows 10: What do you think about ZHPCleaner?

Discus and support What do you think about ZHPCleaner? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; ZHPCleaner is another free French program for cleaning PUPs/Adware from your system. I usually run it alongside RKILL, MBAM. AdwClenaner, JRT, etc for... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by eLPuSHeR, Nov 11, 2016.

1. eLPuSHeR Win User

What do you think about ZHPCleaner?

ZHPCleaner is another free French program for cleaning PUPs/Adware from your system. I usually run it alongside RKILL, MBAM. AdwClenaner, JRT, etc for having a different opinion. It seems to do a more thorough registry search than the others. Sometimes it points out leftover registry entries that the others left behind even after cleaning. It can also treat some "cracks" as malware and remove them (even if they aren't harmful per se). The only negative side is that is slower scanning than their counterparts.

:)

eLPuSHeR, Nov 11, 2016
  2. greigster Win User

what do you think about N97?

Well my 4th N97 is not working and I'm completely over it! The speaker has gone - my callers can only hear every 3rd word of the conversation - not funny. Does anyone know what the go is with this - 4 phones in just over 1 month. Does Nokia give the option
    to swap to a different model or will I be forced to accept another **bleep** phone !!!!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Perhaps its time to let the Small Claim Courts decide.

greigster, Nov 11, 2016
  3. what do you think about N97?

my friend ,

there is nothing like a N97 , i have the N97 NAM and never been happier , it is an artificial intelegence and specialy with the V20 on the way any day to make the N97 - 2 strongly i can say this is a flag ship of nokia ,but off course you will find some
    unhappy customer around a world ,just be fair and think MILLION of device is out ther and working perfectly so it is understandble one or few go wrong by miss handle or just bad luck ,, this device Nokia N97 is a best freind with high IQ which everone should
    have one .

rabbizemar, Nov 11, 2016
  4. What do you think about ZHPCleaner?

I thought it looks promising, but it installs silently and can not be uninstalled, PUP remover which behaves like PUP. *Rolleyes

TairikuOkami, Nov 11, 2016
  5. eLPuSHeR Win User
    What do you mean?. When it runs, it usually does it from %userprofile%. Same with updates. It places the executable there. Other than that, it uses Windows TEMP folder and AppData\Roaming.

I don't like this behaviour either (it may conflict with programs like Cryptoprevent) but it can be deleted manually without any issues.

eLPuSHeR, Nov 12, 2016
  6. That is the problem. It appears like a portable. If it would not create a shortcut, I would not even suspect it.
    Other tools like this are usually unpacked to temp folders, so they are simply deleted later.
    It does not create an uninstall entry, so basically it is hidden, PUP/malware behaviour.
    A hidden executable with previously allowed admin rights could do anything nasty.

TairikuOkami, Nov 12, 2016
  7. eLPuSHeR Win User
    I understand your concerns TairikuOkami, but I have been using it for a long time and haven't noticed anything suspicious.

eLPuSHeR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

What do you think about ZHPCleaner?