Windows 10: What do you think Of Cortana so far ?

Discus and support What do you think Of Cortana so far ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I hope Microsoft will have some updates to download to in prove Cortana on some of the stuffed I asked I would not open and send me on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BDman, Aug 19, 2015.

1. BDman Win User

What do you think Of Cortana so far ?

Hi
    I hope Microsoft will have some updates to download to in prove Cortana on some of the stuffed I asked I would not open and send me on the Internet. I ask Cortana to open Device manager it wouldn't open it. Thank you

:)

BDman, Aug 19, 2015

2. What do you think of Windows 10 so far? Is it good enough?

Its been 24 hours since I've upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I just wanted to know how you feel its going for you. Or how its better than your last version or if your last version is better. I have to say, though (in my opinion), I thinks far more
    stable than previous versions I have used before. I feel there is a sense of strength-ness, unlike other Windows OS. Unfortunately there is a downside: it is sometimes very slow, but not all the time.

What's your opinion? (just want to hear peoples views What do you think Of Cortana so far ? :)

8abddd39-6c51-495f-a16c-44c91d94c117, Aug 19, 2015
  3. pollis559 Win User
    What do you think of N86?

Great phone but still:

1. Still, when you exit programs they keep running in the background draining battery & memory.
    Make EXIT = EXIT; Especially Web.

2. Often the screen does not go to blank, it stays on despite being set to go off after 30sec.
    This could cause screen burn & wastes battery life.

pollis559, Aug 19, 2015
  4. RonCFL Win User

And yet ... She is very good of telling you a joke ... !!!
    For me ... all I have to say is .... OK GOOGLE .. *Smile

RonCFL, Aug 19, 2015
  5. cbwilsha Win User
    "What do you think Of Cortana so far ? "

I try not to think of her at all!!! *Wink

cbwilsha, Aug 19, 2015
  6. strollin Win User
    Siri, Google Now, Cortana and others are currently fun toys to play with but don't do anything truly useful yet. Maybe 5-10 years down the road we will actually be able to speak to our computers to accomplish what we need to do. The phrases that something like Cortana can understand and act upon are way too limited at this time. AI needs to advance further so that these types of programs can actually understand what you are asking for as opposed to just the ability to respond to a few spoken commands.

strollin, Aug 19, 2015
  7. Haven't used, don't want to either, I use launchy instead.

RealPetChicken, Aug 20, 2015
  8. What do you think Of Cortana so far ?

don't have a microphone on my PC, so I don't use it. Besides, I really don't have an interest in talking to a machine.

derekellis81, Aug 21, 2015
  9. OldMike65 Win User
    One of the 1st things I did after upgrading to Win 10 Pro, was turn a lot of crap off, Cortana was top of my list.
    Along with OneDrive, and a lot of crap in our Privacy settings. Also anything to do with Xbox. *Smile

OldMike65, Aug 21, 2015
  10. OldAussie Win User
    My alternate file manager has a search that only looks for files on this PC. My alternate start menu has a search that first lists matches from start menu items, then below a line it shows matches of indexed files on the PC. When I want to search the internet I use my preferred browser.

Microsoft might call those primitive compared to Cortana, but I find them sensible, competent, easy to use, and they search where I want them to.

OldAussie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. What do you think Of Cortana so far ? - Similar Threads - Cortana far

2. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?: Since I updated my computer, my Windows key doesn't work and any application related to the start menu don't work either. I've already reset, restarted multiple times, tried wsreset and cmd commands, and checked for game mode, and tried the Fn commands. This happened the last...
  3. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?: Since I updated my computer, my Windows key doesn't work and any application related to the start menu don't work either. I've already reset, restarted multiple times, tried wsreset and cmd commands, and checked for game mode, and tried the Fn commands. This happened the last...
  4. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. End of support for Cortana

in Windows 10 Gaming
    End of support for Cortana: While the decision to phase out Cortana may have disappointed some users, it's important to recognize that Microsoft is continually evolving its products to meet the changing needs of its customers. Here are some reasons why bringing back Cortana might still be...
  6. End of support for Cortana

End of support for Cortana: While the decision to phase out Cortana may have disappointed some users, it's important to recognize that Microsoft is continually evolving its products to meet the changing needs of its customers. Here are some reasons why bringing back Cortana might still be...
  7. Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands: Hello, I'm having trouble with Cortana on my Windows 10 computer. When I try to use voice commands, Cortana doesn't respond at all. I've checked my microphone settings and made sure that Cortana is enabled, but it still doesn't work. Is there a fix for this issue, or any...
  8. Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands

Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands: Hello, I'm having trouble with Cortana on my Windows 10 computer. When I try to use voice commands, Cortana doesn't respond at all. I've checked my microphone settings and made sure that Cortana is enabled, but it still doesn't work. Is there a fix for this issue, or any...
  9. How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...

How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...: hello, I am trying to have Google Chrome as my default browser for everything, I currently see that Edge Deflector and Nomoreedge no longer works, is there a settings way to ensure that my search bar will go to Google Chrome instead of Microsoft Edge? how can I ensure that I...
  10. How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...: hello, I am trying to have Google Chrome as my default browser for everything, I currently see that Edge Deflector and Nomoreedge no longer works, is there a settings way to ensure that my search bar will go to Google Chrome instead of Microsoft Edge? how can I ensure that I...