Windows 10: what does red x mean in file explorer?

Discus and support what does red x mean in file explorer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just purchased a new laptop with presumably latest Windows 10. Working through some stuff I now see red circles with an "X" inserted by some File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lbeck, May 16, 2018.

1. lbeck Win User

what does red x mean in file explorer?

I just purchased a new laptop with presumably latest Windows 10. Working through some stuff I now see red circles with an "X" inserted by some File Explorer folders - some very important like "Documents". I tried restarting File Explorer and rebooting the computer but the symbols remain. Also, trying to access some files that I thought were saved are missing. Maybe I didn't actually save them or maybe there's another problem like trying to save to an "X"d folder.

What do these troubling symbols mean and how can I return to a clean File Explorer?

:)

lbeck, May 16, 2018

2. What does the red x showing on files and folders in file explorer indicate

what does my windows 10 red circle with white x means and how to get rid of it

GlennMasson, May 17, 2018
  3. What does the red x showing on files and folders in file explorer indicate

what does my windows 10 red circle with white x mean and how do i get rid of it

GlennMasson, May 17, 2018
Thema:

what does red x mean in file explorer?

1. what does red x mean in file explorer? - Similar Threads - does red mean

2. What does this red X mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does this red X mean?: I'm getting message that Onedrive is 102% full. And then I went to desktop and there are red X's next to folders. What does the red X mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-red-x-mean/f7a2e311-38f9-4fde-adc9-9a0db4a46c2e
  3. What does this red X mean?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does this red X mean?: I'm getting message that Onedrive is 102% full. And then I went to desktop and there are red X's next to folders. What does the red X mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-red-x-mean/f7a2e311-38f9-4fde-adc9-9a0db4a46c2e
  4. Red x's in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Red x's in File Explorer: I was copying a bunch of files from an external HD when I maxed out my OneDrive capacity. I subscribed to more OneDrive space, but in File Explorer the folders involved in the transfer are still showing a white x in a red circle indicating they can't be backed up to OneDrive....
  5. Red x's in File Explorer

Red x's in File Explorer: I was copying a bunch of files from an external HD when I maxed out my OneDrive capacity. I subscribed to more OneDrive space, but in File Explorer the folders involved in the transfer are still showing a white x in a red circle indicating they can't be backed up to OneDrive....
  6. Red x's in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. What does this red X mean?

in Windows 10 Support
    What does this red X mean?: I just did a Clean Install and restored some files and folders from my data drive. This is first time I've ever seen these red Xs and don't know what they indicate. I also see them in File Explorer. Thank you. 165396
  8. What does a red circle with an x mean

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What does a red circle with an x mean: I am showing a red circle with an x inside on some files and do not know what that means. I tried adding a screen shot but it could not be added to this post Herman...
  9. what does the red X on the outlook icon mean?

what does the red X on the outlook icon mean?: the Outlook icon on my taskbar has a red X on it. It didn't have it yesterday and the outlook app appears to be working ok. Can anyone explain what the red X means? TIA...
  10. White x in Red circle on drive icons in File Explorer windows 10 What does this mean & how...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    White x in Red circle on drive icons in File Explorer windows 10 What does this mean & how...: This is my File explorer [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-x-in-red-circle-on-drive-icons-in-file/e4543c8e-a963-4324-aea9-9cffc40023f1"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. one drive red x

2. what does the red x mean on files

3. file explorer red x

4. one drive is showing a red x?,
  5. red x in file explorer,
  6. windows explorer red x,
  7. red x in windows explorer,
  8. what does a red x mean in windows explorer,
  9. file explorer red x symbols in windows 10,
  10. there a red x when i download photos from iphone,
  11. red dot with x on documents windows 10,