Windows 10: What does the Win10 Recovery contain?

Discus and support What does the Win10 Recovery contain? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi folks - I just set up Win10 this week and created my recovery onto a USB. Does anyone know if it contains drivers and applications that were set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by metro, Sep 17, 2015.

1. metro Win User

What does the Win10 Recovery contain?

Hi folks -

I just set up Win10 this week and created my recovery onto a USB. Does anyone know if it contains drivers and applications that were set up before this was performed? Hopefully it does.

Thanks!

:)

metro, Sep 17, 2015
  2. ifishskis Win User

2nd try at latest Win10 update - in blue screen loop again

I upgraded to Win10 from Win7 via the free upgrade from MS. I have no recovery media.

As you know Win10 does not allow one to boot into SAFE mode.

Repeatedly hitting F11 to get into the recovery section does not work either.

ifishskis, Sep 17, 2015
  3. BrighterA Win User
    Recovery partition in Win 8.1 after upgrade to Win 10.0

Thanks for that. Unfortunately, there was no option to delete the recovery partition (maybe win10 recognised that it wasn't a win10 recovery partition?) but the short of it is I have a recovery USB key and the recovery partitions remain unchanged.

Does anybody know how to remove the partition? under disk management, there are no options on right click for the partition apart from Help unlike my other partitions.

BrighterA, Sep 17, 2015
  4. DavidY Win User

Are you using the built-in Windows 10 function to create a Recovery Drive (as opposed to a recovery utility provided by your computer's manufacturer)? If it's the built-in function then it would have looked like the steps here:
    Recovery Drive - Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If it is the built-in version then from my own experience I believe it does contain drivers.

You would have needed to select the option to 'Back up System files to the Recovery Drive' to create a recovery drive which can install Windows; however this option doesn't always work.

The normal Recovery Drive won't contain applications unless the computer came with Windows 10 from new, in which case it might do.

If the computer didn't have Windows 10 from new, there is a way you can capture applications yourself; if you did this (and if you can use the option to backup system files) it will include applications and other folders from your system drive (but not the Users folder) in the Recovery Drive.
    Provisioning Package - Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

DavidY, Sep 17, 2015
Thema:

1. What does the Win10 Recovery contain? - Similar Threads - does Win10 Recovery

2. Win10 recovery problem 0xc00000e9 system registry is missing or contains errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 recovery problem 0xc00000e9 system registry is missing or contains errors: Dear Microsoft support,Since last 2 days, my system with WIn10 is not able to start and shows recovery error 0xc00000e9 system registry is missing or contains errors. I tried several times to auto-repair but had no success. Later tried to boot with ISO media, still no...
  3. Win10 recovery problem 0xc00000e9 system registry is missing or contains errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 recovery problem 0xc00000e9 system registry is missing or contains errors: Dear Microsoft support,Since last 2 days, my system with WIn10 is not able to start and shows recovery error 0xc00000e9 system registry is missing or contains errors. I tried several times to auto-repair but had no success. Later tried to boot with ISO media, still no...
  4. Win10 recovery problem 0xc00000e9 system registry is missing or contains errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. What does Windows recovery drive do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does Windows recovery drive do?: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,If I create a recovery drive, when I recover PC from USB it is clear that it will reinstall Windows but will it keep files and settings? If it remove files, will it remove only user data. will it keep drivers? What recovery drive feature copies to...
  6. What does Windows recovery drive do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does Windows recovery drive do?: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,If I create a recovery drive, when I recover PC from USB it is clear that it will reinstall Windows but will it keep files and settings? If it remove files, will it remove only user data. will it keep drivers? What recovery drive feature copies to...
  7. What is "CryptnetUrlCache folder? Does it contain the websites I visited in?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is "CryptnetUrlCache folder? Does it contain the websites I visited in?: How can I view or decrypt these system files to see what websites urls I visited? I lost my private browsing session in firefox without bookmarking the urls. So I'm hoping this CryptnetURL Cache stores info about what websites I visited from firefox. submitted by...
  8. Does a Windows Recovery drive contain the name of the computer the drive was made on?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does a Windows Recovery drive contain the name of the computer the drive was made on?: I have two Dell PCs, and I would like to know on which of the two PC's this drive was created, presumably by drilling down within File Explorer into the recovery software itself. Both computers are Win 10 64-bit, one year apart in age, and likely I could use this recovery...
  9. Win10 Recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Recovery: Hello, I had a win10 issue which required me to reload windows 10 from the installation disk i used same hardware, same PC name and same user name. I am using win10 file history for backups / recoveries. i have restored all my files to the new win10 system and would like...
  10. Recovery win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recovery win10: Did a refresh on my Dell Inspiron 11-3168. It is hung up at Hardware scan complete with no issues. Depress continue it wants to initialize PCie and test eMMc drive in process. Hard scan complete with no issues. The PC keeps going in this cycle all of the time. It will...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wim10 recovery drive wich files it contains