Windows 10: What Does UEFI Boot Really Do For My PC

Discus and support What Does UEFI Boot Really Do For My PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is there really any advantage to having a UEFI partition on my hard drive if I have a gamer PC, does it increase or decrease boot time, does it increae... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RoadBlaster, Apr 13, 2016.

1. What Does UEFI Boot Really Do For My PC

Is there really any advantage to having a UEFI partition on my hard drive if I have a gamer PC, does it increase or decrease boot time, does it increae security or should I just use the normal 2 partition for windows 10 ???

:)

RoadBlaster, Apr 13, 2016

2. Bcd Repair - The requested system device cannot be found - windows 10

RamutisRamanauskas, Apr 13, 2016
  3. Windows 10 update 2 slow boot two pc

I have that problem too, my PC used to boot in 15 secs now boot in 1 min i really hate that, the boot screen appears twice and last more than the original, all after the update., i change and analyze what i could in my system bios and everything seems to
    be ok.

Before:

Logo motherboard

UEFI loader

Windows lock screen

AVG: 15 sec

After

Logo Motherboard

UEFI loader

Black screen

UEFI Loader

"wait a moment" windows screen

Windows lock screen

AVG: 1MIN

i really hate this

GuevaraStrings, Apr 13, 2016
  4. What Does UEFI Boot Really Do For My PC

CADesertRat, Apr 13, 2016
  5. Geneo Win User
    Yes it significantly decreases boot time and arguably increases security with secure boot.

Geneo, Apr 13, 2016
  6. I read a Tutorial on here that shows you how to switch on this UEFI fast so I understand it is suuposed to be quicker, I am using a Samsung SM951 NVME 512GB m.2 on my motherboard without UEFI enabled, after boot it is still under 15 secs to load but not bothered if all it does is fast boot your start up.

But if it does increase security I am interested but how can it, I know that windows does not wipe a previousley installed UEFI partiotin upon instal I had to use Mini Tool 9.1 Boot disk to delete it before the setup install files did not say read error, sorry if I am waffling a bit but just explaining myself as this is my first UEFI Bios board.

I would like a few more opinions on what people think of the UEFI idea good or bad really.

Also the extra security how does that work ? does it make partition more resilliant to hackers ? or to stop people who do not know what they are doing ?

RoadBlaster, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

What Does UEFI Boot Really Do For My PC

1. What Does UEFI Boot Really Do For My PC - Similar Threads - Does UEFI Boot

2. My PC won’t boot, what do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC won’t boot, what do I do?: My PC crashed late last night and has been unable to boot since. Every time I try to boot it up, I’m met with a Blue “Automatic Repair” screen. None of the options work, and I have tried everything I can find online. All of my wires and cables are connected and in place. I...
  3. My PC won’t boot, what do I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC won’t boot, what do I do?: My PC crashed late last night and has been unable to boot since. Every time I try to boot it up, I’m met with a Blue “Automatic Repair” screen. None of the options work, and I have tried everything I can find online. All of my wires and cables are connected and in place. I...
  4. does my pc supports UEFI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does my pc supports UEFI: does my pc suppoets UEFI? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-my-pc-supports-uefi/aa8e1e30-c43c-4a32-af44-57d8ced00560
  5. does my pc supports UEFI

does my pc supports UEFI: does my pc suppoets UEFI? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-my-pc-supports-uefi/aa8e1e30-c43c-4a32-af44-57d8ced00560
  6. does my pc supports UEFI

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. What is my computer REALLY doing in sleep?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What is my computer REALLY doing in sleep?: When I put my computer to sleep, I find that 5 minutes later it turns off. I looked in control panel power plan and I saw that the hard disk shuts off 5 minutes after my computer sleeps. So I wondered if I should change the setting so my computer could sleep longer. I wonder...
  8. what does clean boot do?

what does clean boot do?: what does clean boot do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-clean-boot-do/d6972687-5e57-4473-8d2e-d0ec21ae372f
  9. My PC does not boot, what to do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My PC does not boot, what to do?: Hi, I was playing with friends yesterday until the round stopped loading and I restarted the PC. Now my PC does not want to start. [ATTACH] I also tried the BIOS and it didn't work. Does anyone know what I can do now? [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  10. Can't Boot into the UEFI settings no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Boot into the UEFI settings no matter what I do: what happened was that i set my computer to dual boot windows 10 and ubuntu which i've done a million times btw so i can almost do it with my eyes closed, lol anyways, my issue is that now, i can't load the UEFI settings and even worse than that, i can't boot anything through...