Windows 10: What ends the free update deadline...ISO download or registration?

Discus and support What ends the free update deadline...ISO download or registration? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've downloaded the Win10 ISO to upgrade my Win 7, but I don't want to perform the upgrade at this time. Does anyone know if the "free upgrade" is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Naro01, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Naro01 Win User

What ends the free update deadline...ISO download or registration?

I've downloaded the Win10 ISO to upgrade my Win 7, but I don't want to perform the upgrade at this time. Does anyone know if the "free upgrade" is keyed to the download of the ISO, meaning I can install after the deadline without cost? Or when I install, if after the deadline, is the registration process going to require me to pay?

I

:)

Naro01, Jul 21, 2016

2. Error: "Unable to install Windows 10 - unknown error: 0xC1900101-0x30018" while trying to upgrade to Windows 10

As the free upgrade deadline has now passed it is unclear whether I can now download the ISO version for free. I tried many times to upgrade to Windows 10 before the deadline.

Simon Tomp, Jul 21, 2016
  3. viffergb Win User
    Windows 10 Upgrade After 29th July 2016

I have downloaded the 'Windows.iso' file for WIN 10. I'm currently running Windows 7 'Ultimate'.

Can I upgrade to WIN 10 Pro AFTER the 29th July 2016 deadline as I have a copy of the ISO file, or must I upgrade BEFORE 29th July if I want to have it for free?

Just wondered if there is a time stamp set somewhere in the upgrade process that doesn't allow for FREE upgrades to continue past the deadline date regardless of whether it's done via a local copy of the ISO or online?

Thanks.

Graham

viffergb, Jul 21, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

That one. Downloading the ISO file by itself does nothing. Microsoft gave you a whole year to prepare for the free upgrade if you wanted to wait that long.

NavyLCDR, Jul 21, 2016
Thema:

1. What ends the free update deadline...ISO download or registration? - Similar Threads - ends free update

2. Clients updating before deadline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clients updating before deadline: I have been playing around with the GPO settings regarding the Install day and week, but I’m 100% sure that a lot of clients are installing updates before the actual Install day is reached, even though the GPO is being applied I even checked the registry settings. There is no...
  3. Clients updating before deadline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clients updating before deadline: I have been playing around with the GPO settings regarding the Install day and week, but I’m 100% sure that a lot of clients are installing updates before the actual Install day is reached, even though the GPO is being applied I even checked the registry settings. There is no...
  4. Clients updating before deadline

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to download Windows 7 ISO for free

in Windows 10 News
    How to download Windows 7 ISO for free: [ATTACH]Microsoft officially released Windows 7 operating system for users in October 2009. After 10 years, Microsoft ended security updates and technical support for Windows 7. Previously, users were able to download Windows 7 from the official website of Microsoft. But now,...
  6. 1809 update ISO download

1809 update ISO download: how can i complete my iso download if my computer keeps on crashing every min https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1809-update-iso-download/1ab9f464-c6dd-4024-b3b8-84eb387d1ac4
  7. 1809 update ISO download

1809 update ISO download: how can i complete my iso download if my computer keeps on crashing every min https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1809-update-iso-download/5b2b31d4-e8dd-4583-b636-1ca55c31370e
  8. Download ISOs for Win10 Eval v1803 (32+64bit) WITHOUT registration?

Download ISOs for Win10 Eval v1803 (32+64bit) WITHOUT registration?: In the past there were download pages resp. links for Win10 EVAL versions of 32+64bit which do NOT require registration. I can't find them any more. I am interested in download the ISOs for April build 1803 (=NOT the newest one) Does someone know such webpages (or direct...
  9. Suppressing Windows Update - What Happens AFTER the Suppression Deadline?

Suppressing Windows Update - What Happens AFTER the Suppression Deadline?: ENVIRONMENT: Enterprise VDI (VMware Horizon) running virtual desktops for 200 users. Each VM runs Windows 10 Enterprise 1703 We are suppressing Windows Updates (so that VMs don't auto-update and so that users don't see update prompts) PROBLEM: Our 365 day deferment...
  10. Meeting the Free Upgrade Deadline

Meeting the Free Upgrade Deadline: I recently purchased an old PC from a garage sale. I'm always looking for bargains to satisfy my tinkering obsession. I fired it up before I bought it and saw it had Windows 7 Home on it. I brought it home and discovered the reason why they were probably selling it...the...