Windows 10: What exacty is card gpu ?

Discus and support What exacty is card gpu ? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Have a NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 running my 3 monitor system....have noticed I have a few icons in the system tray that say they are running on the NVIDIA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by trinaz, Jan 10, 2018.

1. trinaz Win User

What exacty is card gpu ?

Have a NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 running my 3 monitor system....have noticed I have a few icons in the system tray that say they are running on the NVIDIA GPU ? What exactly is this 'GPU'...I must have set something in the NVIDIA control panel recently to activate this since is only been displaying for a few weeks.

Does this mean these programs are running of the NVIDIA rather than the system GPU ?? and what's the benefit/advantage/drawbacks with this ?

Thanks....TiminAz

What exacty is card gpu ? [​IMG]

:)

trinaz, Jan 10, 2018

2. Using e mail to send a Lightroom image, while in Lighttoom.

That is exacty what I did with two screen shots and got the invalid message.

YaakovHammer, Jan 10, 2018
  3. Recovery of uninstalled apps

Thanks

the iris support did exacty that an it worked

Heather

HeatherMaughan, Jan 10, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

Notmallysoftware run on the CPU but often a GPU is more powerful for some types of load so then it can be used for greater speed and to lessen the load on the CPU

Samuria, Jan 10, 2018
  5. The icon is an option in the nVidia Control Panel->Desktop->Display GPU Activity Icon...

It indicates that those applications are using the nVidia chip for any number of reasons. For instance, Firefox uses hardware acceleration for video decoding. Other applications (including Windows itself) use 3D rendering APIs for GUI display.

As Samuria says, the system uses the GPU when it's better at some task than the CPU. You shouldn't be concerned with this, especially since you only have one GPU in your system. Laptop users may need to be more careful since the discrete GPU uses more power than the integrated GPU, and having Dropbox powering up your discrete GPU so it can display some windows would be a waste of power.

PolarNettles, Jan 10, 2018
  6. From post #1
    Read this and it should answer your questions.

GPU Definition from PC Magazine Encyclopedia

Definition of: GPU. GPU. (Graphics Processing Unit) A programmable logic chip (processor) specialized for display functions. The GPU renders images, animations and video for the computer's screen. GPUs are located on plug-in cards, in a chipset on the motherboard or in the same chip as the CPU (see diagram belowhttps

Your GeForce GT 740 is a GPU video card.

Your CPU specs.

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Bulldo...20FX-6300.html

Jack

Layback Bear, Jan 10, 2018
  7. Helmut Win User
    You have one GPU in your system the Nvidia GT 740. That just shows you some of the applications which are using the GPU.
    Rather pointless as everything is using that GPU. I would switch it off, totally useless info.

Helmut, Jan 10, 2018
  8. CountMike New Member

Practically any program that displays anything on a screen is using a GPU otherwise you would see nothing. To complicate things further, there are ways to use GPU without displaying anything, like Bitcoin miners for instance, so that data may not be completely useless.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. What exacty is card gpu ? - Similar Threads - exacty card gpu

2. Help with graphic card changing between GPU-0 3D and GPU-1 Copy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with graphic card changing between GPU-0 3D and GPU-1 Copy: I have a lenovo laptop and since i buyed it ,games are using GPU-1 Copy sometimes .but most of the times they are using GPU-0 3D .The GPU 0 is the integrated and the GPU 1 is the dedicated nvidia GPU,I searched up on youtube some tests on my laptop and they have 100-200 fps...
  3. GPU graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU graphics card: Hi! Thanks for all the help guys! but after i fixed the safe mode thing on my computer i try to open my game that i play almost everyday before the pc crashed. It keeps saying something about D3D11 and that i have to have it to open the game. I Tried reinstalling it but it...
  4. GPU graphics card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU graphics card: Hi! Thanks for all the help guys! but after i fixed the safe mode thing on my computer i try to open my game that i play almost everyday before the pc crashed. It keeps saying something about D3D11 and that i have to have it to open the game. I Tried reinstalling it but it...
  5. GPU graphics card

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Laptop GPU graphic cards

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop GPU graphic cards: I have a laptop with an integrated Intel graphics card and an nvidia 1650 ti graphics card. Whenever I go into the nvidia control panel, it does not show any display settings for my laptop and games, which I found out is caused by the integrated intel graphics card...
  7. GPU Interfere with Sound Card/Onboard Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPU Interfere with Sound Card/Onboard Audio: I'm having this issue with my NVIDIA GT 730 and Acer TC - 704 + LG Flatron W1642S Monitor + CREATIVE INSPIRE 3130 Stereo Speakers; audible noise when the GPU is under load. It seems to be coupled to the refresh rate, i.e. animations, mouse movement. the noise is around 30 to...
  8. after update to 1903 gpu card not working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    after update to 1903 gpu card not working: Hi guys; after updating my win 10 to 1903, my GPU card no working. comp info: workstation z800 [img] [img] GPU Card: Quadro 5000 I had "377.83-quadro" driver but now not working. is there any solution. I would be surprise if it was a free solution*really gratefully 142347
  9. Check What Graphics Card or GPU is in Windows PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Check What Graphics Card or GPU is in Windows PC: How to: Check What Graphics Card or GPU is in Windows PC How to Check What Graphics Card or GPU is in Windows PC A Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) is a single-chip processor primarily used to manage and boost the performance of video and graphics. A graphics card...
  10. Is it wireless card or what?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it wireless card or what?: First of all my apologise for bad language gramatic.. My problem is that in my aparment where I study i dont have net problems.. here at house my wi fi is so god damn irritating.. it can connect for couple seconds then again not connected (sometimes it is connected but i...