Windows 10: What free or affordable video editing software are you using?

Discus and support What free or affordable video editing software are you using? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey guys, I'm doing a research and was hoping you could help me with it. I'm trying to find out what the most popular free or affordable (under $50)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NinaDG, May 16, 2017.

1. NinaDG Win User

What free or affordable video editing software are you using?

Hey guys,
    I'm doing a research and was hoping you could help me with it. I'm trying to find out what the most popular free or affordable (under $50) video editing software is. Windows OS, of course.
    Please write in comments what program you are using or used in the past and were happy with.

Thank you in advance!

:)

NinaDG, May 16, 2017

2. What video editing software for Windows 10

This still is not working and there has been no response from Microsoft for almost a month.

ttomlinson653, May 16, 2017
  3. What video editing software for Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to download Windows Movie Maker to edit your videos.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 16, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

5. NinaDG Win User
    Isn't it free version only available as a linear editor? Last time I checked it was 1 video track and 1 audio track available in free version. I agree, it has a lot of features and can be quite sufficient - just confused about pic in pic effect if it's linear.
    Thank you anyway! I also find Videopad interface one of the most intuitive ones.

NinaDG, May 17, 2017
  6. WOT
    WOT Win User
    The overlay track is the grey area directly above Video Track 1.
    If you have no clips on the sequence track it is not labelled or visible.
    Drop or place a clip into Video Track 1 and you will see a line of text appear..

"Drag or drop your video, text or image clips here to overlay"

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Update:
    Here is an old video I made showing how to do it; however, I must admit, there may be better ones available:
    [youtube]oVQALu3_g4w[/youtube]

I forgot to mention FFMPEG, which can do almost anything, but has a moderate-to-steep learning curve.

Here is an example of how I did a simple overlay using FFMPEG:
    [youtube]RiyX0y3nHP0[/youtube]
    How to embed one video inside another video to create a picture-in-picture (PIP) effect with FFMPEG:

ffmpeg -i testbw.wmv -i test.wmv -filter_complex "[0]scale=iw/5:ih/5 [pip]; [1][pip] overlay=main_w-overlay_w-10:main_h-overlay_h-10" -profile:v main -level 3.1 -b:v 440k -ar 44100 -ab 128k -s 720x400 -vcodec h264 -acodec libvo_aacenc PIP_example.mp4

Note: Scale parameter sets the size of smaller PIP window

FYI, FFMPEG User is my name on youtube.

7. TrustMe Win User
    TrustMe, May 17, 2017
  8. Steve C Win User

Is this free program any good? Kaspersky Application Advisor reports the install file isn't signed but is logged as a 'safe' 'low restricted' application by only 34 users.

Steve C, May 17, 2017
  9. TrustMe Win User
    I have not personally used the program but go on the website almost every day to see what they are offering. From time to time I download and install their programs. I've never had a problem.

TrustMe, May 17, 2017
  10. NinaDG Win User
    Thanks a lot, that was helpful.

As far as I know, GOTD used to have issues with trustworthiness because of some 3rd party bundles, but now they should be clean.

NinaDG, May 17, 2017
  11. WOT
    WOT Win User
    Glad we could help you.

Regards,

Thema:

1. What free or affordable video editing software are you using? - Similar Threads - free affordable video

2. Bluescreen ONLY while using video editing software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen ONLY while using video editing software: This problem keeps happening daily. I open the software I use to edit my videos CapCut for PC and after 10 minutes of using it the system freezes and crashes . I own an ASUS ROG laptop with the following specs:- GTX 1050TI- I7 7700HQ- Windows 10 22H2Bsod error :...
  3. Bluescreen ONLY while using video editing software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen ONLY while using video editing software: This problem keeps happening daily. I open the software I use to edit my videos CapCut for PC and after 10 minutes of using it the system freezes and crashes . I own an ASUS ROG laptop with the following specs:- GTX 1050TI- I7 7700HQ- Windows 10 22H2Bsod error :...
  4. Bluescreen ONLY while using video editing software

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. What gfx editing software do they use?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What gfx editing software do they use?: I want to get this if can free software i found in internet, its a banger but i cant find a software for itFirst example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvHb0EadyBg, Second example: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/76YJZphbueA...
  6. What gfx editing software do they use?

What gfx editing software do they use?: I want to get this if can free software i found in internet, its a banger but i cant find a software for itFirst example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvHb0EadyBg, Second example: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/76YJZphbueA...
  7. bluescreen ONLY when using video editing software

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bluescreen ONLY when using video editing software: i can play a video game (tested Dota2, and Apex LEgends) for hours without issue but any video editing software (Davinci Resolve, Hitfilm, Shotcut) will cause the system to bluescreen within 5 mins link to a bunch of my minidumps...
  8. Free photo editing software

Free photo editing software: I see a download that mimics the old PICASA: https://picasa.en.uptodown.com/windows. Is this legit? Is it malware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-photo-editing-software/c50baf82-b489-4945-a6a1-0dbc9d795db2
  9. What software would you use?

What software would you use?: If you wanted to create a simple program on your Computer using the Parallel or Serial port as the I/O, what software would you use to write the program? I want to write a little program that sends series of code to my Computer Controlled Ham Radio, which will set. among...
  10. Free Music Editing Software

Free Music Editing Software: I'm looking for software that can edit music files i.e. fade in/out, snipping, etc. Any suggestions? Cheers! 1407