Windows 10: What group policy would make it impossible to enable "Show recently used files in Quick...

Discus and support What group policy would make it impossible to enable "Show recently used files in Quick... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; We manage a client/company that use VMs, and a user said that a couple months ago her recent files were not listed in the Quick Access folder from File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SeanJJ, Apr 16, 2024.

1. SeanJJ Win User

What group policy would make it impossible to enable "Show recently used files in Quick...

We manage a client/company that use VMs, and a user said that a couple months ago her recent files were not listed in the Quick Access folder from File Explorer.I assigned a test account to a VM, and I was trying to enable the setting as well, but it was turning back off every time.Below is the screenshot of the setting I'm talking about. I don't know if I can post a screenshot because it's not letting me.It's when you right click on Quick access from File Explorer and hit "Options".And then it should be under "Privacy".And the setting is "Show recently used files in Quick access".Would it be

:)

SeanJJ, Apr 16, 2024

2. Recent File List

that's all off already dude lol, I'm really surprised there is no fix for the recent files list/MRU in the file menu of programs haha

I appreciate the help, MS really needs to implement a Group Policy or a string that can do that for all programs installed

eidairaman1, Apr 16, 2024
  3. How to force compliance with Local group Policy settings ?

IN VAIN have I done the suggested registry change and also set Local Group Policy to ENABLED for "Turn off display of recent search entries in the File Explorer search box" - but search history still shows.

Sebastian42, Apr 16, 2024
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

What group policy would make it impossible to enable "Show recently used files in Quick...

Recent files and folders not showing in Quick access

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to see files and folders under the Quick access section.

The Quick access section will show all the recent files accessed under the recent files section and the most recent folder on the left pane.

As per the screenshot provided by you, I can see that the options are already checked. I suggest you to click on the
    Restore Defaults button to restore the settings back to default and check if that helps.

You can also create a new user account and check if the options are working. Follow the steps from the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    to create a new user account.

Also, I suggest you to run DISM command to check for system file corruptions and repair them. Please follow the steps mentioned below to run DISM scan:

1. Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    2. Right click on the Command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Type the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      and press Enter.
    4. Restart the PC.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 16, 2024
Thema:

1. What group policy would make it impossible to enable "Show recently used files in Quick... - Similar Threads - group policy impossible

2. What group policy would make it impossible to enable "Show recently used files in Quick...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What group policy would make it impossible to enable "Show recently used files in Quick...: We manage a client/company that use VMs, and a user said that a couple months ago her recent files were not listed in the Quick Access folder from File Explorer.I assigned a test account to a VM, and I was trying to enable the setting as well, but it was turning back off...
  3. What group policy would make it impossible to enable "Show recently used files in Quick...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What group policy would make it impossible to enable "Show recently used files in Quick...: We manage a client/company that use VMs, and a user said that a couple months ago her recent files were not listed in the Quick Access folder from File Explorer.I assigned a test account to a VM, and I was trying to enable the setting as well, but it was turning back off...
  4. Enable group policy edit.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable group policy edit.: How do I enable group policy edit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-group-policy-edit/b1b67a7d-433f-448b-894e-de19815d1e95
  5. Enable group policy edit.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable group policy edit.: How do I enable group policy edit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-group-policy-edit/b1b67a7d-433f-448b-894e-de19815d1e95
  6. Enable "Show Animations in Windows" settings in Windows 10 using Group policy or registry...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enable "Show Animations in Windows" settings in Windows 10 using Group policy or registry...: How to enable "Show Animations in Windows" settings in Windows 10 using Group policy or registry setting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-show-animations-in-windows-settings-in/6d5aa1bc-b62e-42bf-945e-6d8876de20cb
  7. Enable "Show Animations in Windows" settings in Windows 10 using Group policy or registry...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable "Show Animations in Windows" settings in Windows 10 using Group policy or registry...: How to enable "Show Animations in Windows" settings in Windows 10 using Group policy or registry setting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-show-animations-in-windows-settings-in/6d5aa1bc-b62e-42bf-945e-6d8876de20cb
  8. Enable "Show Animations in Windows" settings in Windows 10 using Group policy or registry...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Quick access recently used files not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick access recently used files not showing: Hello after recent problems with my windows updates my qucik access got all weird. My recently opened/frequently used files or not showing on the left side unless pinned (which I don't want to do with some). I do have activated the "show recent files" as you can see in my...
  10. Enable Group Policy in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Enable Group Policy in Windows 10: Have just read the the 'Local Group Policy Editor' is not included in Windows 10 home edition. 1. If true how to get it ? 2. What is it used for ? 62122