Windows 10: What happened in insert boot disk just after installation has done ?

Discus and support What happened in insert boot disk just after installation has done ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; HereHow to Move Users Profile Folder to another Location in Windows 10 In "Windows 10, clean install“ Block, third paragraph Now turn off the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RochustCN, Jan 15, 2017.

1. RochustCN Win User

What happened in insert boot disk just after installation has done ?

HereHow to Move Users Profile Folder to another Location in Windows 10

In "Windows 10, clean install“ Block, third paragraph

Now turn off the PC. Insert the imaging boot disk and reboot from it, create a system image. As Windows is quite barebone at the moment it only takes a few minutes.

I can't understand it.

Does boot disk create another win10 system?And why it will only take a few minutes?What's the meaning of this step?

:)

RochustCN, Jan 15, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

How can I get out of the windows 10 Recovery?

OK, if you try to boot without the installation media, what happens, does Windows 10 try to load or does it go straight into recovery, or disk repair . . .

If you created the installation media on a DVD, is it a bootable disk or did you just copy the ISO onto the Disk - you need to create a bootable disk from the ISO

On a Dell, remove any USB devices, insert the DVD, press F12 to get the temporary boot menu and select the DVD drive

DaveM121, Jan 15, 2017
  3. Windows 10 - scanning and repairing drive. Stuck at 51%

I just turned it on this morning, and I got this message: Error: No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed. I will create a boot disc as you suggested and let you know what happens. Thanks.

TrudieMullins, Jan 15, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

Hi RochustCN, I am the author of that tutorial.

Here's the full quote of what you are referring to:

That note simply tells users to create a system image at this point. It is not obligatory, you don't have to do it, but if something goes wrong a system image allows you to restore your Windows as it was at the moment of creating a system image.

In that note I refer to a backup application called Macrium Reflect. In this tutorial you can see how to create a system image using Macrium Reflect: Macrium Reflect - Backup & Restore

Short: the recommendation in tutorial in question only asks you to create a backup in case something goes wrong. No (using your words) "another Windows 10 system" will be created.

5. RochustCN Win User
    Hello,Kari.Nice to meet you.

Yeah,then where is the system image that has been created?
    Is is on the boot disk or the machine disk?I really can't catch it.

I usually used boot disk to boot a badly crash system.

RochustCN, Jan 16, 2017
  6. Kari Win User
    When you install Macrium backup and imaging software it prompts you to create a boot media, in Macrium's case it's called Rescue Media. You can burn it to a CD, DVD or USB flash drive:

What happened in insert boot disk just after installation has done ? [​IMG]

This media can then be used to boot PC to either create a system backup image, or restore a previously created image. When creating system image you can save it on any location you want to (except a partition from which you are making an image).

Read the Macrium tutorial for more information: Macrium Reflect - Backup & Restore

7. RochustCN Win User
    Umm,does it make sense to keep the version of boot disk consistent with the version of system installed on machine?

RochustCN, Jan 17, 2017
  8. CountMike New Member

The version of boot disk made by MR should be consistent with MR version.

CountMike, Jan 18, 2017
  9. RochustCN Win User
    Hello,CountMike.

I skip this step because

What happened in insert boot disk just after installation has done ? [​IMG]

Finally,I completed it with only scare.Thank you again.

I really don't know the meaning of inserting boot disk up to now.

RochustCN, Jan 26, 2017
  10. CountMike New Member
    "Inserting boot disk" hail from long time ago when OS was actually on a disk(ette) and worked all from there. Improvement fro "Insert tape in the player and push Play button". Lol. Loooooong time ago.
    In other words, that Boot disk/USB Macrium Reflect makes has OS on it and runs from it along with programs installed on it. It's like specialized, portable windows.

CountMike, Jan 26, 2017
  11. RochustCN Win User
    Oh,I get it.Thank you.

RochustCN, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. What happened in insert boot disk just after installation has done ? - Similar Threads - happened insert boot

2. What has happened?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What has happened?: I've exhausted every step known to man. This is a fresh install of windows 10 and this is how it installed. It will not detect hardware and it will not accept the manufacturers drivers....
  3. What has Microsoft done?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What has Microsoft done?: Most Windows users with PC's, Laptops,, Tablets and Windows phones more than 3 years old can not use Widows 11. Microsoft is forcing users to either buy a new device or use a different OS. Why, Why Why?...
  4. What has Microsoft done?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What has Microsoft done?: Most Windows users with PC's, Laptops,, Tablets and Windows phones more than 3 years old can not use Widows 11. Microsoft is forcing users to either buy a new device or use a different OS. Why, Why Why?...
  5. What Happens to Other Drives When a clean installation is done

in Windows 10 Customization
    What Happens to Other Drives When a clean installation is done: Hi, I am using a windows 10 pro 32 bit architecture pc.My pc had become so slow these days so i thought to do a clean installation.But i have few important files in other disks like that of the photo uploaded.I have a doubt if the data in disk other than the system reserved...
  6. Choosing what happens when you insert a blu-ray movie disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Choosing what happens when you insert a blu-ray movie disk: When I insert a DVD movie disk, a pop-up says "Chose what happens with DVD movies." I am given 3 choices: * Play DVD Video Power Media Player 14 * Find a New DVD App (link to Microsoft store) * Take No Action "More Apps" is not an option. I have successfully installed a...
  7. What just happened?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What just happened?: I had that thing when you should click on the key for 1 sec for typing it, so I unabled is but I had a problem is that Fn is always ON. I know I didn't explain that well so here's an example: -in the past I had to press Alt+f4 to close the window />Now I have to click...
  8. What just happened?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What just happened?: I was resetting my whole windows 10 PC, it was fine but taking forever. An hour later It was at 12%. After I came back for some reason it was at “choose an option” screen. Do you know what happened?!...
  9. what just happened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what just happened: i was playing a nintendo ds game on my laptop using desmume which is a nintendo ds emulator. i had configured the l key to load state and the s key to save state. i loaded the game into the emulator and i pressed alt enter to do full screen and then i pressed l to do load...
  10. What just happened?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What just happened?: Hi I got so fed up with Windows 10 constantly updating as well as any number of annoying other things, that I decided to go back an do a Clean Install of Windows 7. But within Minutes of doing that, I was getting pestered by the 'Nag Screen' urging me to update to...