Windows 10: What happened to my shortcuts?

Discus and support What happened to my shortcuts? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There seems to have been a nasty update. All my desktop icons have disappeared, a right click on the background does nothing, minimize and resize have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SimonH, Apr 5, 2016.

1. SimonH Win User

What happened to my shortcuts?

There seems to have been a nasty update. All my desktop icons have disappeared, a right click on the background does nothing, minimize and resize have disappeared from the top right of Firefox and the start menu has gone screwy. Has anyone else come across this little gem in the last day or two and, even more important, what's the fix for it?
    Thanks.

SImon.

:)

SimonH, Apr 5, 2016
  2. hadimassa Win User

What happened to my phone???

I'm not really sure what you write. Is it "select" or "delete"? What phone do you have?

hadimassa, Apr 5, 2016
  3. yauo Win User
    What happened to my phone???

I don't know why if i take photos then if i go and see my photos in gallary my photos that i took before are displaying by 2 photos of each. if i delect one the another one is also delected automatically. What happened is it? Then, both some of my photos
    i can't open it and delect it . i don't know why and i also don't know how to fix this problem ... can anyone suject me to do something ? or can u tell me the way how to solve this problem ?? Thank u for ur kindness .....

yauo, Apr 5, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Post a screenshot please, so we can fully visualize what you just said.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2016
  5. SimonH Win User
    Here ya go, one Screenshot

What happened to my shortcuts? [​IMG]

SimonH, Apr 5, 2016
  6. SimonH Win User
    Notice no resizing buttons in Firefox.

What happened to my shortcuts? [​IMG]

SimonH, Apr 5, 2016
  7. SimonH Win User
    TABLET MODE! It had set it into tablet mode! ARGH!
    All fixed now, just switch tablet mode off.

SimonH, Apr 5, 2016
  8. Edwin New Member

@SimonH:
    You're in 'Tablet Mod......, uh...... there you go!!! *Wink

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. What happened to my shortcuts? - Similar Threads - happened shortcuts

2. What happened to desktop icon shortcut on taskbar. On windows 10 when I hide desktop icons....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to desktop icon shortcut on taskbar. On windows 10 when I hide desktop icons....: What happened to desktop icon shortcut on taskbar. On windows 10 when I hide desktop icons. There was a shortcut to them on taskbar. Where is that shortcut on windows 11...
  3. What happened to desktop icon shortcut on taskbar. On windows 10 when I hide desktop icons....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happened to desktop icon shortcut on taskbar. On windows 10 when I hide desktop icons....: What happened to desktop icon shortcut on taskbar. On windows 10 when I hide desktop icons. There was a shortcut to them on taskbar. Where is that shortcut on windows 11...
  4. key shortcut to "record what happened" settings>gaming>captures opens Xbox game bar instead...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    key shortcut to "record what happened" settings>gaming>captures opens Xbox game bar instead...: When utilizing the game capture function, the keys settings says to press are "windows logo key + alt + G". The issue is that the key-sequence it says to press actually open the Xbox game bar instead, even though windows kay + G already opens the game bar. How do I either...
  5. key shortcut to "record what happened" settings>gaming>captures opens Xbox game bar instead...

key shortcut to "record what happened" settings>gaming>captures opens Xbox game bar instead...: When utilizing the game capture function, the keys settings says to press are "windows logo key + alt + G". The issue is that the key-sequence it says to press actually open the Xbox game bar instead, even though windows kay + G already opens the game bar. How do I either...
  6. What happens with shortcut when original file is deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What happens with shortcut when original file is deleted: So I was saying If a shortcut of a .vbs file's original file get deleted what happens?, Does It give an Error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happens-with-shortcut-when-original-file-is/010be21d-dd86-44be-ab50-cb1852a3000f
  7. What happens with shortcut when original file is deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happens with shortcut when original file is deleted: So I was saying If a shortcut of a .vbs file's original file get deleted what happens?, Does It give an Error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happens-with-shortcut-when-original-file-is/010be21d-dd86-44be-ab50-cb1852a3000f
  8. What happens with shortcut when original file is deleted

9. Shortcuts all of a sudden happen on everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcuts all of a sudden happen on everything: This issue has been happening for a while where, if im sharing screen on discord my computer after a while will suddenly only input shortcuts, if i press esc it opens up my programs i have open like alt tabbing, and if i scroll on a browser it zooms in and out, ive looked up...
  10. Shortcuts all of a sudden happen on everything

Shortcuts all of a sudden happen on everything: This issue has been happening for a while where, if im sharing screen on discord my computer after a while will suddenly only input shortcuts, if i press esc it opens up my programs i have open like alt tabbing, and if i scroll on a browser it zooms in and out, ive looked up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what happened to my short cuts