Windows 10: What happened to selectable Game Mode in Fall CU?

Discus and support What happened to selectable Game Mode in Fall CU? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Updated to the Fall CU on my Win 10 Pro 64bit PC and was wondering what happened to the selectable Game Mode. With the earlier CU, Game Mode was able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by rzn6jw, Oct 27, 2017.

1. rzn6jw Win User

What happened to selectable Game Mode in Fall CU?

Updated to the Fall CU on my Win 10 Pro 64bit PC and was wondering what happened to the selectable Game Mode. With the earlier CU, Game Mode was able to be turned on and off. With this update, it only states that 'My PC supports Game Mode'. It doesn't tell me whether it's turned on or off.

Any ideas?

:)

rzn6jw, Oct 27, 2017
  2. OlegOY Win User

What happened to "Hide file names" option in Fall Creators Update?

It looks like the option to hide video/picture filenames (View -> Hide file names) has disappeared in Fall Creators update. Is it a
    bug?

OlegOY, Oct 27, 2017
  3. OlegOY Win User
    What happened to "Hide file names" option in Fall Creators Update?

OlegOY, Oct 27, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 27, 2017
  5. rzn6jw Win User
    Understand that it's supposed to be auto in the Fall CU. Thanks.

rzn6jw, Oct 27, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    The FCU will allow you to turn on/off game mode per game now instead of a universal on/off for all games. However, you can still use Option 2 to do so if wanted.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. What happened to selectable Game Mode in Fall CU? - Similar Threads - happened selectable Game

2. Select what happens with removeable drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Select what happens with removeable drives: i get this error randomly while playing games but i dont have any removeable drives i have 1 hdd and when that error shows up anything on my hdd crashes and it happens so often what might be the problem...
  3. Select what happens with removeable drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Select what happens with removeable drives: i get this error randomly while playing games but i dont have any removeable drives i have 1 hdd and when that error shows up anything on my hdd crashes and it happens so often what might be the problem...
  4. Select what happens with removeable drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Something happened with Game Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Something happened with Game Mode: The Game Mode keeps switching on and off on its own. It occurs when I am playing game and sometimes when I am watching movies https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-happened-with-game-mode/d96dc35b-9f7e-4140-a52b-0d0e63c7bd46
  6. FPS in games is falling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FPS in games is falling: When I start the game, it is working well but if I switch to another window by pressing alt + tabkeys and then go back to the game, the FPS drops to 10-15 and processor and video card temperature drastically increases....
  7. How to set time for notification "Select what happens with..." ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to set time for notification "Select what happens with..." ?: Am seeking a way to unlock VHD / VHDX files more easily. I know there are a few ways to unlock these virtual disks, but they usually require a number of steps. (or a script or task scheduler setup). I am not an expert but I might / might have found a slightly faster way. I...
  8. How to set time for notification "Select what happens with..." ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to set time for notification "Select what happens with..." ?: Am seeking a way to unlock VHD / VHDX files more easily. I know there are a few ways to unlock these virtual disks, but they usually require a number of steps. (or a script or task scheduler setup). I am not an expert but I might / might have found a slightly faster way. I...
  9. What happened to window mode in Snip & Sketch?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    What happened to window mode in Snip & Sketch?: I used Microsoft's Snipping Tool a lot, but now with the forced removal of Snipping Tool, I'm only left with Snip & Sketch. Everything in Snip & Sketch is okay, I guess. The only problem is that there's no way to take a window snip. You can only do that in Snipping Tool....
  10. What’s new for IT pros in Windows 10 v1709 Fall CU event Nov. 2nd

in Windows 10 News
    What’s new for IT pros in Windows 10 v1709 Fall CU event Nov. 2nd: On Thursday, November 2nd, Nathan Mercer is co-hosting a webcast with everyone’s favorite deployment expert, Michael Niehaus, to walk you through what’s new in the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. Together, we’ll go over the security improvements that will help you stay ahead...