Windows 10: What happened to snippet and winzip

Discus and support What happened to snippet and winzip in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had some issues with updating some days ago and had to reset my computer. Everything is fine except I have no winzip and no snippet after the reset.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lou Reed, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Lou Reed Win User

What happened to snippet and winzip

I had some issues with updating some days ago and had to reset my computer. Everything is fine except I have no winzip and no snippet after the reset.

I use both of these a lot and I believe that they are (or should be) included in Windows 10.

Are they on my system and I just cannot find them or are hey just plain gone?

If they are gone then where can I download them to install them again.

I need to them badly and after the reset they cannot be found.

Respectfully,

:)

Lou Reed, Oct 23, 2017

2. How to run .application file?

What happens when you try to unzip the file, run the .exe Application file? It appears WinZip didn't Uninstall. Did you double-check in Settings>Apps?

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Oct 23, 2017
  3. Snippet Tool + Recycle Bin

Snippet Tool: I found it in my new machine loaded with Windows 10. The Snippet does what it is supposed to however when sending an email either with the snippet as an attachment or copied to the email; the email is lost in "cyberspace" & never shows up

I deleted Snippet on a suggestion from "Microsoft Community" but now can't find the Microsoft Snippet Tool download. I've seen plenty "knockoffs" but want the Microsoft version.

Recycle Bin: I cannot find it anywhere. I tried to load the icon to my tray, (I do know how) but it never showed up nor is it in the list of programmes. I don't believe it is loaded.

This is a new HP machine (ordered from HP) with Windows 10 so what's up?

PhillipBradbury, Oct 23, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

WinZip is not part of windows....although windows does have it's on "Zip" application. What happens if you type in snippet into windows search bar?

Plankton, Oct 23, 2017
  5. Lou Reed Win User
    When I type in snippet on the windows search bar I get - nothing. in the past a small box opens up with snippet options. That des not happened now.

Respectfully,

Lou Reed, Oct 24, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Oct 24, 2017
  7. davidhk Win User
    RE : no snippet
    Windows 10 has Snipping Tool included in the operating system.
    You can find it by......
    Start button > left side, scroll down to alphabet W, click open Windows accessories > Snipping Tool is there.

RE : no winzip
    7 zip is widely used and recommended. It is free.
    I use that since the Windows 7 days.
    7-Zip
    Make sure you select the correct bit-version.

davidhk, Oct 24, 2017
  8. Lou Reed Win User

In my Windows Accessories there is only 3D Builder. There is no Snippet.

What do I do now?

Respectfully,

Lou Reed, Oct 25, 2017
  9. bro67 Win User
    We know. See my post.

bro67, Oct 25, 2017
  10. Plankton Win User
    I have the snipping tool in my version of windows 10 pro. In your link for features that will be deprecated or removed, the snippet tool is not listed. I also don't think it's just a tablet function either as I have it.

Plankton, Oct 25, 2017
  11. Plankton Win User
    Is this an actual upgrade from within windows update? Is this an OEM or custom build? Can you list your complete system specs?

The reason I ask is; it might be beneficial to do a clean install using the MCT from MS.
    Download Windows 10

Plankton, Oct 25, 2017
  12. Lou Reed Win User
    This is a reset. I hadsome trouble in installing Windows 10 updates. The software recommended a reset.

I agreed.

It saved my files, but it apparently did not save the snippet, which is part of Windows 10 Pro.

I just cannot find it.

I am afraid to do a separate install just for snippet because it may not be the appropriate version.

Where else would I look for it?

Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Lou Reed, Oct 25, 2017
  13. Bree New Member

@Lou Reed

WinZip is a third-party tool, not a part of Windows. All third party tools are removed by a Reset of Windows. You can reinstall it, try 7-Zip instead, or use Windows' own built-in zip function (right-click on a file, folder or selection of files/folders and 'Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder').

The name Snippet is confusing some of your readers, do you mean a tool for capturing screenshots? If so, the Windows 10 built-in tool is named 'Snipping Tool'.

If you mean 'Snippets' which is a tool that "...helps you to organize and re-use code snippets in different projects, share snippets publicly and in with team, available for Mac and Windows..." then that too is third-party software and would have been uninstalled. Download and reinstall it.

14. Plankton Win User
    Damn....I completely missed that....nice catch Bree.

Plankton, Oct 26, 2017
  15. Lou Reed Win User
    I mean the Snipping tool. After I reset the Windows and then started to build everything (software) back up I noticed it was not there anymore. I looked at the list of removed apps that is always created when you perform a reset and it says that it was not removed. It is not in the list of removed software. So I guess according to Windows 10 reset it is still there. I just do not see it.

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Lou Reed, Oct 26, 2017
Thema:

1. What happened to snippet and winzip - Similar Threads - happened snippet winzip

2. Snipping Tool not opening snippet when snippet notification pressed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool not opening snippet when snippet notification pressed: Been using Snippet Tool on daily basis for a while. But couple weeks ago I got som issues with the tool that I haven't resolved yet.So my procedure is:1. Ctrl + Win + s2. Mark area to take snippet.3. Click on the notification to open Snipping tool4. Edit snippetMy issue is...
  3. snippet tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    snippet tool: Did MS just change how the snipping tool works? All of a sudden when I snip from twitter it makes it huge. Too large to fit in a twitter box. I have three computers and all of a sudden it is doing that on all three of them. Had no issues before. Mode is the same as when it...
  4. Snippets in Powershell?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snippets in Powershell?: Hi, is there a way to have snippets in win10 Powershell for frequently used text? It seems to be in Powershell ISE but not Powershell. Thanks submitted by /u/moshka1000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l29t4m/snippets_in_powershell/
  5. What is happening?!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is happening?!: Idk what happening! I got a raspi4 on the network a few days ago and it worked fine. I turned it off, came back a day later and had no service. I've done everything to get it up and running again. The real problem is, nothing is working now. I dont know of any of it OS...
  6. winzip

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    winzip: how i reinstale winzip drivers udtade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winzip/36f7d520-9291-4afa-ae74-54e35eba15d2
  7. WinZip

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    WinZip: WinZip: Microsoft charged me for an annual subscription which I did not want. PayPal refused to refund my money because I had already cancelled the subscription. I cancelled the next day after I saw the subscription had been taken by Microsoft. Now, after months, I figure...
  8. winzip

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    winzip: How to stop winzip appearing as a pop up everyday? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/winzip/1e0242b6-17e1-463b-a8df-a8ba77baf0b5
  9. WinZip

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WinZip: Is WinZip a virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winzip/f15e7abb-085f-4b5e-ae35-0791e7a77ec3"
  10. Snippets Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snippets Manager: Anyone know of a snippets manager that does not overwrite what's in the clipboard when a snippet is pasted. Don't say it can't be done, I have one, but its old, no longer available and its license key is based on my ethernet MAC address. Basically I want to copy a link...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what happened to winzip