Windows 10: What happened to the menu in Windows 10?

Discus and support What happened to the menu in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I had Windows 7 there was File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools, and Help across the top left of the screen, each with drop down boxes with options.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rilbet2, Aug 30, 2015.

1. rilbet2 Win User

What happened to the menu in Windows 10?

When I had Windows 7 there was File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools, and Help across the top left of the screen, each with drop down boxes with options. In Windows 10 those items are not there. How do I access them with all the drop down options?

If I could talk to the people in charge at Microsoft I would like to tell them that different is not better. Better is either faster or easier to use or both.

:)

rilbet2, Aug 30, 2015

2. What What happened to the drop down menu refresh tool for employer or now call "file employer

A few ways. The keyboard shortcut for "Refresh" is the F5 key (this works in every folder or webpage, even apps like Excel to refresh your data... F5 is basically the universal "refresh" button).

But if you still prefer to use your mouse to click, good news: you don't even have to use a menu. The refresh button is right here:

What happened to the menu in Windows 10? [​IMG]

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Aug 30, 2015
  3. ksaldutti Win User
    What What happened to the drop down menu refresh tool for employer or now call "file employer

What happened to the drop down menu refresh tool for employer or now call "file employer" Sometimes new folders do not show up until you refresh. What is the easy simple way of a refresh without going into CMD command shell and craziness?

ksaldutti, Aug 30, 2015
  4. gator2013 Win User

You must be referring to the internet browser. Using W-10 Edge browser the tool bar is not there like it is with IE11 (Internet Explorer). If you were to use IE11 with W10 (yes it is still there with W10) it will be exactly what you are used to.

gator2013, Aug 30, 2015
  5. rilbet2 Win User
    Thanks very much for your help. Edge came with Windows 10 when it was downloaded. Can I add IE 11 and if so, how do I do that?

rilbet2, Aug 30, 2015
  6. kenC Win User
    You'll find it's already there under Windows Accessories *Smile

Edit: I should have added - once opened - right click on address bar for an option to show Menu Bar.

7. rilbet2 Win User
    Great! The question is where is Windows Accessories and how do I install IE 11?

rilbet2, Aug 30, 2015
  8. kenC Win User

9. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Aug 30, 2015
  10. rilbet2 Win User
    Thanks KenC,

I am beginning to work it out. You have been very helpful.

rilbet2, Aug 30, 2015
  11. kenC Win User
    Glad to help. Any more problems, just ask, someone will be here for you.

Thema:

1. What happened to the menu in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - happened menu

2. What happens to the settings menu, the start menu, and the cross during the screenshot? How...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happens to the settings menu, the start menu, and the cross during the screenshot? How...: VideoThere is no such thing in the browser and I TURNED OFF the KEYBOARD, so I think the problem is not with the keyboard. I REBOOTED the COMPUTER and did a rollback. I tried to change the key sticking settings. Nothing helped. I don't know how to formulate a question in...
  3. What happens to the settings menu, the start menu, and the cross during the screenshot? How...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happens to the settings menu, the start menu, and the cross during the screenshot? How...: VideoThere is no such thing in the browser and I TURNED OFF the KEYBOARD, so I think the problem is not with the keyboard. I REBOOTED the COMPUTER and did a rollback. I tried to change the key sticking settings. Nothing helped. I don't know how to formulate a question in...
  4. What happens to the settings menu, the start menu, and the cross during the screenshot? How...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. What in the world happened to Windows 10's search bar/menu animations?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What in the world happened to Windows 10's search bar/menu animations?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SlimeColumns [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/15o5ymu/what_in_the_world_happened_to_windows_10s_search/
  6. How can i fix this issue?It only happens in the start menu . It looks like there is two...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i fix this issue?It only happens in the start menu . It looks like there is two...: It only happens in the start menu . It looks like there is two start menus over each other. *When i take screenshot it doesn’t appear in the screenshot*...
  7. How can i fix this issue?It only happens in the start menu . It looks like there is two...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i fix this issue?It only happens in the start menu . It looks like there is two...: It only happens in the start menu . It looks like there is two start menus over each other. *When i take screenshot it doesn’t appear in the screenshot*...
  8. Has anyone ever had this problem ? It also happens in the windows menu

Has anyone ever had this problem ? It also happens in the windows menu: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/IBeYaZ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wet2aq/has_anyone_ever_had_this_problem_it_also_happens/
  9. Weird Scroll glitch that happens when I open the windows menu, this even happens when I...

Weird Scroll glitch that happens when I open the windows menu, this even happens when I...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BassThese [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/twaw12/weird_scroll_glitch_that_happens_when_i_open_the/
  10. Start menu has disappeared, Click on button nothing happens

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu has disappeared, Click on button nothing happens: Was having problems with taskbar items and played around and fixed them but yesterday found that when I click on the start button nothing happens. Dont know how long its been like that as dont use it often so maybe not my playing caused it. Have tried to find a solution...