Windows 10: What happened to the screen saver feature?

Discus and support What happened to the screen saver feature? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; All of a sudden I've lost my screen saver function. It used to be under Personalization in the Control Panel but that option has suddenly disappeared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rzn6jw, Aug 25, 2017.

1. rzn6jw Win User

What happened to the screen saver feature?

All of a sudden I've lost my screen saver function. It used to be under Personalization in the Control Panel but that option has suddenly disappeared from the panel and the 'Settings' panel is next to usless.

Now I don't have a screen saver and I have no log on screen after I move the mouse to turn on the display.

Any ideas what happened?

:)

rzn6jw, Aug 25, 2017
  2. line_king Win User

What happened to the old 8.1 screen saver

The photo montage screensaver, which seemed to work, after upgrading to 10, stopped working. This was a great screensaver for me, because I had so many great pictures of my kids et al in my pictures file and I would like it BACK! Please. Thank
    you.

line_king, Aug 25, 2017
  3. What happened to the old 8.1 screen saver

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

I would suggest you un-install and re-install the software and see if that helps.

Try the following steps:

• Press windows + R keys to open Run command
    • Type Appwiz.cpl and hit enter.
    • look for this software and uninstall it.

Re-install the software and check.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Aug 25, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Don't know about your setup but when I need something from the "old" Control Panel I type control in the Search box and click on the Control Panel item, usually first on the list. Since I'm in that feature nearly every day, when it is open I right-click the icon in the Taskbar and choose More then Pin to Taskbar. It lets me have both PowerShell and Control Panel available.

Berton, Aug 25, 2017
  5. rzn6jw Win User
    I can get to the control panel fine. It's just that the 'Personalization' option has disappeared from the panel. That's where I always got to the screen saver function to set the time-out and 'sign on screen' options. There's no option for the screen saver in the 'Settings/Personalization' either (disappeared).

rzn6jw, Aug 25, 2017
  6. Dude Win User
  7. With today's monitors screen savers are not necessary. I have not used one in years.

Josey Wales, Aug 25, 2017
  8. rzn6jw Win User

I just restored my C:\ drive from a backup made two days ago and 'Personalization' is back on the Control Panel and the screen saver options are back on the 'Settings/Personalization' screen. Don't have malware of virus according to Norton so I wonder how those items disappeared.

Also, I had my 'boot' options set to show Boot to Win 10 and Boot to Safe Mode before the system actually completed booting, and those options were gone, too, but back after the restore. Don't know how those could have disappeared because someone would actually have to delete them from MSCONFIG or something overlayed the boot options.

Anyway, it's working now.

Thanks.

rzn6jw, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. What happened to the screen saver feature? - Similar Threads - happened screen saver

2. what happened to the DoH feature in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what happened to the DoH feature in windows 10?: hey, I tried to find some kind of evolution of the dns over https feature in windows 10 on microsoft`s site. didn`t find anything. I know they tested it on some windows 10 version, but I`m not sure if they really removed it in the end. anyone knows how did things evolve and...
  3. What happened to the "Return To MSN Homepage" feature ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to the "Return To MSN Homepage" feature ?: Please Help:In the past whenever I was on the MSN homepage & clicked on a scrolling headline or used search it would go to that/those pages & @ the top left there used to be an option "Return To MSN Homepage" you could click on & it would do just that.It has dissapeared & now...
  4. What happened to the "Return To MSN Homepage" feature ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happened to the "Return To MSN Homepage" feature ?: Please Help:In the past whenever I was on the MSN homepage & clicked on a scrolling headline or used search it would go to that/those pages & @ the top left there used to be an option "Return To MSN Homepage" you could click on & it would do just that.It has dissapeared & now...
  5. screen saver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen saver: trying to open screen saver I installed shockwave still get this notice?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver/c73a81bb-d9a3-49eb-8d0d-1ab87235b109
  6. What happened to my screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What happened to my screen?: My parents own a business and they allowed a cop access to their PC in the business so they can get a video recording for something that happened a block away.I guess after he left he left the PC messed up. For some reason many of the programs are in black and the desktop...
  7. What happened to the Timeline in 2004 Feature Update????

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What happened to the Timeline in 2004 Feature Update????: I know this is an issue with many others. What happened to the once-great Timeline that worked great with 1909, but now, since 2004 Feature Update, completely worthless? I did everything that was recommended. I know activity history available on MS Activity Page etc., but,...
  8. Screen saver

Screen saver: Whatever I do to Settings I've suddenly found it impossible to get a screen saver. Any tips? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver/f2fe8145-4578-471a-875b-75234a993fb1
  9. What happened to my screen...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What happened to my screen...: So I turned on a laptop I haven't used in quite a bit and the screen looks completely distorted and glitchy, the part at the bottom of the screen is cracked but I don't know if that's what's causing it because it's always been cracked but working fine, this is sudden....
  10. Win10 Feature Updates alter Screen Saver Settings

Win10 Feature Updates alter Screen Saver Settings: Every Win10 feature update has changed screensaver settings: From: 3DText | Time | high large slow wobble To: 3DText | Windows 10 | all 4 settings changed If it were just one computer & 1 user it would not be an issue, but 5 computers with multiple users is an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. What happened to screen saver feature on Windows 10