Windows 10: What happened to windows Alt+Tab desktop shortcut

Discus and support What happened to windows Alt+Tab desktop shortcut in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] Hi Guys Remember when we could navigate to windows desktop easily?Well I don't know what happened to windows and they changed the feature or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Win98Fan, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Win98Fan Win User

What happened to windows Alt+Tab desktop shortcut

What happened to windows Alt+Tab desktop shortcut [​IMG]

Hi Guys Remember when we could navigate to windows desktop easily?Well I don't know what happened to windows and they changed the feature or that I don't know how to use the feature anymore.
    I used to enjoy using alt+tab to go to desktop ,But now as we use the keys we can only navigate between different open applications as we can see from the screenshot above.
    See below for Task view

They added the task view in windows 10.Is it even helpful? Does anyone know if its helpful?
    It seems to me that this feature is kind of useless because if sometimes games crash the new desktop doesn't respond much.
    I would love to know what others think about this windows feature and is it helpful? what is it really for.
    Backing up to my first Picture ,Isn't it kind of annoying that they changed the alt+tab shortcut and or forgot to add the shortcut.
    For me sometimes I'm doing studies and navigation is a problem .lol if you know what I mean.
    Can'tttttt just go to desktop If you know what I mean *Biggrin
    Anyways if someone doesn't get me this is what I was saying.
    Anyone knows how to add the old windows alt+tab shortcut to windows 10?

:)

Win98Fan, Oct 10, 2016

2. Alt + Tab not fully functional in full window programs

I've been having an issue since upgrading to Windows 10 that involves using the Alt + Tab shortcut to switch between open windows/desktop. I play a couple of different games that go to full screen during gameplay, and I found that when I use alt+tab to
    return to the desktop, that the screen does not switch properly to another window that is open or the desktop for that matter. On top of that, as soon as I release alt+tab, the full screen application I was in automatically becomes the main focus again. I
    find that I must continue to press the alt key to be able to look at or do anything. It was not this way in Windows 7, and I don't have any experience in using this shortcut in Windows 8. I was curious if anybody else was experiencing this same issue.

kickmyjiminy, Oct 10, 2016
  3. ctl alt del

That doesn't happen in Solitaire. What is the purpose of the maneuver? Has the game frozen? It is possible the game has disrupted Windows &/or the display adapter driver.

Try other keyboard shortcuts found in...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12445/windows-keyboard-shortcuts

Keyboard shortcuts in Windows

...which may work to remove its grip, such as...

Windows logo key + D
    Display and hide the desktop

Windows logo key + Tab
    Open Task view

Then, try Ctrl+Alt+Del.

PCR Just PCR, Oct 10, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

Try...

Keyboard shortcut to go straight to Desktop: Win key + D

or...

Right-click on taskbar - select Show the Desktop

or...

Right-click on taskbar - select Settings and turn on 'use Peek to preview desktop...'. From now on, if you put the mouse at the far right of the taskbar you'll see the desktop, click in the far right and you switch to it.

5. Win98Fan Win User
    Thanks

Win98Fan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. What happened to windows Alt+Tab desktop shortcut - Similar Threads - happened Alt+Tab desktop

2. What is this Window in my Alt+Tab?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is this Window in my Alt+Tab?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ZenTunE [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lcf57e/what_is_this_window_in_my_alttab/
  3. LAST USED WINDOW SHORTCUT ? not ALT-TAB BUT

in Windows 10 Support
    LAST USED WINDOW SHORTCUT ? not ALT-TAB BUT: Anyone know how to make widows go to the last used window. Alt tab only works between apps. often in outlook I want to flip between the open dialog of a new contact and back to it or I want to go between tabs in browsers. ALT TAB is only good sometimes. It would be nice to...
  4. Alt + Tab and other shortcuts intermittently not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alt + Tab and other shortcuts intermittently not working: I have an intermittent problem with my work surface pro laptop. Every few days shortcut keys using the ‘Alt’ or ‘Windows key’ will stop. This has always resolved spontaneously, sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes after several reboots and a lot of time wasted!...
  5. Alt tab shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt tab shortcut not working: just recently i tried holding down alt and tab which i had done minutes ago and it just instantly switched to the other window instead of popping up a overlay which shows all the windows. How do i fix this? submitted by /u/Arlojmikk [link] [comments]...
  6. alt tab into desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    alt tab into desktop?: How do i alt tab into desktop like in windows 7? I don't like w + d. 77463
  7. Restore Desktop option to Alt-Tab?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restore Desktop option to Alt-Tab?: I'm going to guess that this was asked about before, but, something that has bothered me about Windows 10 is that you can no longer Alt-Tab back to the desktop. I liked this functionality back in Windows 7, but seeing that it's missing in 10 bothers me. I know that Win-D...
  8. alt tab (windows 10) to the desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    alt tab (windows 10) to the desktop: So, just upgraded to windows 10 two days ago. Hasn’t had much time to play around with it. I have searched about all I can and can’t find a direct answer just keep finding different way to do it (which i already know). Is there a option that i have enabled to make it that my...
  9. What happened to my shortcuts?

in Windows 10 Support
    What happened to my shortcuts?: There seems to have been a nasty update. All my desktop icons have disappeared, a right click on the background does nothing, minimize and resize have disappeared from the top right of Firefox and the start menu has gone screwy. Has anyone else come across this little gem in...
  10. Alt-Tab To Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt-Tab To Desktop: Is it possible to add desktop back to the alt-tab menu? 52798

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what happened to alt tab desktop

2. what happened to alt tab