Windows 10: What happens if i uninstall Windows 10 Update and Privacy settings

Discus and support What happens if i uninstall Windows 10 Update and Privacy settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i see it as a program that can be uninstalled. what it is? what happens if i remove it? Thanks! did a lot of google searching and no one is talking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tonightwetaco, May 24, 2017.

1. What happens if i uninstall Windows 10 Update and Privacy settings

i see it as a program that can be uninstalled. what it is? what happens if i remove it? Thanks!

did a lot of google searching and no one is talking about it

:)

tonightwetaco, May 24, 2017
  2. vrashkov Win User

What happens if i backup then format and upgrade to v20 and then restore?

You are welcome. Good luck.

vrashkov, May 24, 2017
  3. Abso---01 Win User
    What happens if i backup then format and upgrade to v20 and then restore?

I was wondering what will hapeen if i do a full backup of massstorage and phone by pcsuite. And then formatting both of them and all phone and do an upgrade to v20 software which everyone says new software will work after formatting. And then restore the
    backup. Will the phone software restore back to old version or will it stay v20 and also will the formatting do any use or not?

Abso---01, May 24, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

What happens if i uninstall Windows 10 Update and Privacy settings

The 'Windows 10 Creators Update Privacy Settings for x64-based Systems (KB4013214)' is the first step on the way to you getting the Creators Update. In the past Microsoft have been criticised for not being open about what your privacy settings do or how much information they collect. This is their attempt to be more open about it.

Before you can get the Creators Update you will have to review you current privacy settings (with explanations of what they do) so you can change them if you wish. Only when you have completed this review can the Creators Update be delivered through Windows Update.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4013214

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...reators-update

Uninstalling it (or postponing the review) will delay you getting the Creators Update.

5. thank you. I have reviewed all the privacy settings and made changes. I dont see why i need the creators update, so maybe remove it?

6. Bree New Member
    Starting with Windows 10 instead of releasing a new Windows every few years it is continually being updated. This means (according to Microsoft) that you get new features as they are developed, rather than waiting for years for one big upgrade to the next Windows. It's what Microsoft call 'Windows as a service'.

Overview of Windows as a service

7. so dont remove it? i did! how do i get it back?

8. Bree New Member

Did you complete the review and click OK on the final 'Thank you' screen? If so...
    Or did you click 'Postpone'? Then...
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...reators-update

If you uninstalled KB4013214 then you'll have to wait for windows update to get round to installing it again.

9. i dont know. i dont even recall seeing those options

tonightwetaco, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. What happens if i uninstall Windows 10 Update and Privacy settings - Similar Threads - happens uninstall Update

2. I uninstalled a Windows update. And then what ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I uninstalled a Windows update. And then what ?: After the last quality ! update my laptop was blinking. So I uninstalled it and now everything works well. But then Windows will reinstall its updates and the same cause will give the same result.I cheched my drivers but they were all already up to date.So what can I do ?...
  3. I uninstalled a Windows update. And then what ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I uninstalled a Windows update. And then what ?: After the last quality ! update my laptop was blinking. So I uninstalled it and now everything works well. But then Windows will reinstall its updates and the same cause will give the same result.I cheched my drivers but they were all already up to date.So what can I do ?...
  4. What Ever Happened To “We Respect Your Privacy?”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What Ever Happened To “We Respect Your Privacy?”: I just bought a new computer with Windows 11, my first experience with this operating system. I’m disgusted. Number one, it automatically backed up my system without asking me first. What makes Microsoft think it has the right to do that? After searching for the solution...
  5. What will happen if i uninstalled windows 10 update KB4515384 for the tlauncher for minecaft

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What will happen if i uninstalled windows 10 update KB4515384 for the tlauncher for minecaft: what to do submitted by /u/unspeakablegamefan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jsq6ql/what_will_happen_if_i_uninstalled_windows_10/
  6. privacy settings and windows updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    privacy settings and windows updates: Hello, I am trying to update my computer settings for a number of reasons and want to ensure privacy for myself and family even if someone is diligently looking to access my accounts, super intel IT people which may be an exaggeration but I have a younger child wild with...
  7. What happens if I uninstall an update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What happens if I uninstall an update?: I’m going to have to update my computer soon and there’s apparently been a lot of problems with it, including an identified connectivity bug. If anything goes wrong with it where I have to uninstall the update, will everything still be there? Will I lose any files or...
  8. Windows 10 privacy settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 privacy settings: I have 5 Windows 10 Home laptops for my homeschooled kids. I have activity reporting enabled so I can keep and eye on what they're doing. Is there a way I can keep them from accessing the privacy settings to turn activity reporting off? My oldest is smart enough to figure...
  9. What is Background app setting on privacy setting?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is Background app setting on privacy setting?: Hi Sirs, may I check what is the background app setting for on privacy setting? What does it benefit? Can it spoil the laptops or computers, if I turn each of them off?...
  10. Windows Update and Privacy Settings?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update and Privacy Settings?: I receive this error message: what to do There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070422)...