Windows 10: What i am annoyed by Windows 10

Discus and support What i am annoyed by Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks This is not a troll thread. I managed to upgrade to the current OS from my previous Win 7. Just something to share with the readers.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by enrell, Aug 28, 2015.

1. enrell Win User

What i am annoyed by Windows 10

Hi folks

This is not a troll thread.

I managed to upgrade to the current OS from my previous Win 7.

Just something to share with the readers. Maybe there are suggestions on improving my whole setup

1) Slow bootup. ( Even when i change the settings to straight boot to the start page ( ignoring the login screen ), it still stops at the login page, stating no internet access and wants me to key in the password. Wifi was working well on my phone and others although this is random, but not rare.

2) Too slow when giving suggestions to keywords, for e.g. when im key in calculator at the Search Windows, it will not display anything or list out applications for awhile. I have to click the icon again.

3) The taskbar would not autohide even though it was set that way. I did not have any unread notifications. I have to restart to rectify it.

Hardware-wise, nothing has changed except that i have added additional 8gm DDR3 rams. Main OS drive is a Sandisk SSD. I have removed few startup programs, and it is still not as fast.

Please advise.

Thank you

:)

enrell, Aug 28, 2015

2. I am EXTREMELY annoyed!

So, I have the Nokia N95 8GB, it stopped working.

Saying I didn't have a simcard in e.t.c.

I took it to a repair shop, who told me that it had short circuited and blown something up?

I'd have to pay Nokia £80 to repair it, well to be honest, I'd rather not have the phone, but anyway;

I am trying to contact them, some of the fields where you email them aren't displaying on any computers for me, so it's saying I'm missing bits, and to fill them in.. and I just spent 8 minutes on the phone, to some one clueless, and
    found out they were based in the Phillipines.

Is there a UK number or anything?

This needs to be sorted.

Typhoon---01, Aug 28, 2015
  3. synth_fg Win User
    I am EXTREMELY annoyed!

Contact us tab, top of the page

I assume your phone is out of warenty if you are being charged

synth_fg, Aug 28, 2015
  4. brummyfan Win User

brummyfan, Aug 28, 2015
  5. dsherman Win User
    When I first upgraded my laptop which is a core 2 Duo initially booting and running in the beginning were slow and after I'd say 3 or 4 days it all settled down. Now it runs pretty much like did with the 7 premium. My suggestion is to let it run a few days to allow it to do its house keeping.. Then make the call to either go back or not..

dsherman, Aug 30, 2015
  6. bro67 Win User
    When I did the upgrade on my laptop. I just did the upgrade, but had it wipe out all previous drivers, etc. I have not had any issues this second time around with 10.

I do get lockups every now and then, which is caused by background processes locking the OS for a bit. Booting without the Lock Screen, makes it especially faster. Make sure that you have all updates installed for your machine for the Drivers.

bro67, Aug 30, 2015
  7. bro67 Win User
    I did a Insider install on a machine that I use for test purposes, that is a Intel Core 2 Duo. No problems with it running slow from the beginning.

Of course that was a clean install, no previous windows on the drive.

bro67, Aug 30, 2015
  8. What i am annoyed by Windows 10

my wifes laptop was originally a windows 7 unit then upgraded to 8.1 now upgraded to 10... its slower than Christmas on opening files and programs... granted its legacy bios
    where I drive for a living shes gotta wait til I get home to do a clean install and see if that improves it... if not i'll put 8.1 back on it ... at least it booted and open stuff faster.....

my system on the other hand is 8.1 originally upgraded to 10
    performance is ok... multitasks ok... booting forever but once booted its ok... theres a minute to 2 minute blank screen during boot that I cant seem to fix... and fast boot is enabled bios updated all drivers work some I had to revert to original 8.1 version tho and disable driver auto- update other than that mine seems ok

icpwolverine, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. What i am annoyed by Windows 10 - Similar Threads - annoyed

2. Annoying Caps Lock Off/On and Num Lock Off/On notification/pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Annoying Caps Lock Off/On and Num Lock Off/On notification/pop up: I have already tried to disable this pop up via task manager through disabling start up apps and control panel and setting menu. I have exhausted all of my options. I'm running the latest as of 4/24/24 version of Windows 11 Home, v23H2, and I have no options to disable the...
  3. Annoying Caps Lock Off/On and Num Lock Off/On notification/pop up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Annoying Caps Lock Off/On and Num Lock Off/On notification/pop up: I have already tried to disable this pop up via task manager through disabling start up apps and control panel and setting menu. I have exhausted all of my options. I'm running the latest as of 4/24/24 version of Windows 11 Home, v23H2, and I have no options to disable the...
  4. How do i get this annoying notification off my screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i get this annoying notification off my screen.: I've been using this laptop for almost 5 years and today i turn on my laptop and i start to type up some things and i press caps lock and to my demise i find this cursed caps lock notification. I've tried 3 solutions that ive watched on youtube and to my misfortune NONE OF...
  5. How do i get this annoying notification off my screen.

How do i get this annoying notification off my screen.: I've been using this laptop for almost 5 years and today i turn on my laptop and i start to type up some things and i press caps lock and to my demise i find this cursed caps lock notification. I've tried 3 solutions that ive watched on youtube and to my misfortune NONE OF...
  6. How do i get this annoying notification off my screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Absolutely HATE COPILOT. GET RID OF IT!!! How annoying and constantly interrupts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Absolutely HATE COPILOT. GET RID OF IT!!! How annoying and constantly interrupts: Hate itHate itHate it Hate itGet it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/absolutely-hate-copilot-get-rid-of-it-how-annoying/6117a87f-eafb-481d-a58e-2cb5f8808187
  8. Absolutely HATE COPILOT. GET RID OF IT!!! How annoying and constantly interrupts

Absolutely HATE COPILOT. GET RID OF IT!!! How annoying and constantly interrupts: Hate itHate itHate it Hate itGet it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/absolutely-hate-copilot-get-rid-of-it-how-annoying/6117a87f-eafb-481d-a58e-2cb5f8808187
  9. The annoying upgrade to Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The annoying upgrade to Win 11: Is Microsoft TRYING to annoy...
  10. The annoying upgrade to Win 11

The annoying upgrade to Win 11: Is Microsoft TRYING to annoy...