Windows 10: What I know about these lockscreen redirections...

Discus and support What I know about these lockscreen redirections... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; There is usually one URL responsible for the exploits I get, and until now adblockers took care of it. They come from orgeles-hantest dot org... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by unrequited still, Jul 28, 2018.

1. What I know about these lockscreen redirections...

There is usually one URL responsible for the exploits I get, and until now adblockers took care of it.

They come from orgeles-hantest dot org redirects. And JUST DON'T GO THERE....

Today those redirects started to bypass adblockers by using another site to redirect to it, in other words, an onion peel.

What is worse is that:

a) It doesn't matter if you use IE or Firefox

b) It DID happen in Firefox with the add-on installed

c) I'm not sure yet if you can recover by having multiple instances of Yahoo open

d) THESE ARE UNSECURE HTTP SITES HIJACKING SO-CALLED SECURE HTTPS

Some coincidental but who knows stuff...

Threads about Yahoo telling you to turn off your adblocker when you open your Yahoo mail page are a major complaint on their feedback site (thousands of comments, some multiples of the same posters but the mood is sour). As usual these messages are agnostic, even people without blocking or who turned it off as asked still get the message and this is not unusual there.

So what is this offensive site and are we to start believing a conspiracy theory that Yahoo does it themselves?

Well...no, the UK Yahoo hasn't had this bad behavior, so far.

But blacklisting the site hasn't done much. I gather that reporting it to Google, Mozilla and Microsoft as well as anti-malware companies is going to have to be the answer. Been there and done it. You can do it as well.

:)

unrequited still, Jul 28, 2018
  2. CJCerny Win User

Redirect certain webpages to kittens

Don't know about the kitten thing, but I do know that blocking "all NSFW" websites is gonna require a service/software that is updated regularly. This can either be done with software or with a router that supports such a feature, since the list of NSFW websites is constantly changing. Suggest you start with the option for family friendly surfing that is included as part of Windows Live Essentials.

CJCerny, Jul 28, 2018
  3. Redirecting website

Hi Pancho,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

It can be extremely frustrating if you are trying to visit a Web page but are automatically redirected to another. This tactic is sometimes used to as a way to direct your attention to an advertisement. Other times, a hacker may be trying to install
    spyware or malware on your computer.

It seems that your computer is infected by virus and malware. I would suggest you to run Full Virus Scan using
    Windows Defender.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/how-to-protect-your-windows-10-pc#v1h=tab01

Also if you are using Internet Explorer, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Open the Internet Explorer browser and click on the "Tools" menu at the top of the page.

Step 2: Click on "Internet Options," then click the "Security" tab. In the "Security Level for this Zone" box, use the slider to set the security to "High." This stops Internet Explorer from using ActiveX, preventing Web
    pages from redirecting you to others. Although this stops the redirecting action, legitimate websites may not load properly, or at all. Some functions on websites become disabled, such as links to other websites, video or PDF files. This method is extreme,
    but it stops redirects while you scan the computer for viruses.

Step 3: Click on "Trusted Sites." Add any websites that you go to frequently and that you trust. These websites will behave as normal, without restrictions.

Step 4: Run anti-spyware or anti-malware software on your computer (see Resources). Redirects are often causes by a virus, which software can find and eliminate. If any viruses are found and deleted, this is likely to
    end the redirects you are experiencing.

Step 5: Go back to the "Internet Options" window, and set the security slider back to its initial position. If the anti-spyware program eliminated the source of the redirects, your browser now behaves normally.

Try the above step and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 28, 2018
  4. erocker Win User

What I know about these lockscreen redirections...

steamgamesales.com

Seems like a website to garner traffic. All it does is redirect to steampowered.com. Seems like an unecessary step to me. Who knows what that website is really for? If you want to purchase a game on Steam, use the official site. www.steampowered.com. They even list what's on sale on their front page.

erocker, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

What I know about these lockscreen redirections...

1. What I know about these lockscreen redirections... - Similar Threads - lockscreen redirections

2. Hp pc stuck on the lockscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hp pc stuck on the lockscreen: I have a office computer hp compaq elite 8300 i'm pretty sure and i decided that i would do a factory reset since i was having some slowness, but when it finished it was stuck on the lockscreen. It shows the wallpaper and date like normal but it doesn't respond to any input...
  3. Hp pc stuck on the lockscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hp pc stuck on the lockscreen: I have a office computer hp compaq elite 8300 i'm pretty sure and i decided that i would do a factory reset since i was having some slowness, but when it finished it was stuck on the lockscreen. It shows the wallpaper and date like normal but it doesn't respond to any input...
  4. Hp pc stuck on the lockscreen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Windows 11 lockscreen weather widget displays in farenheit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 lockscreen weather widget displays in farenheit: The lockscreen weather widget in the new windows 11 update displays in farenheit when it's meant to display in celcius. I've changed my region settings to australia and restarted yet still displays in farenheit....
  6. Windows 11 lockscreen weather widget displays in farenheit

Windows 11 lockscreen weather widget displays in farenheit: The lockscreen weather widget in the new windows 11 update displays in farenheit when it's meant to display in celcius. I've changed my region settings to australia and restarted yet still displays in farenheit....
  7. My laptop has been stuck on a black screen after lockscreen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop has been stuck on a black screen after lockscreen: I was on my laptop then I saw I needed to update I updated I got past the lockscreen and it was just black so I tried to run in safe mode it didn't work I tried to reset this pc it just said downloading finished then brought my back to the recovery options I tried...
  8. My laptop has been stuck on a black screen after lockscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop has been stuck on a black screen after lockscreen: I was on my laptop then I saw I needed to update I updated I got past the lockscreen and it was just black so I tried to run in safe mode it didn't work I tried to reset this pc it just said downloading finished then brought my back to the recovery options I tried...
  9. My laptop has been stuck on a black screen after lockscreen

10. Arabic search bar on my lockscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Arabic search bar on my lockscreen: Hi! So I just got my new laptop from Acer, nothing's out of ordinary besides that Arabic search bar on my lockscreen everytime I turn on my laptop or restart it, it's still there, I have no idea how to remove it. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you. P.S: I'm using...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. orgeles-hantest

2. what is orgeles-hantest virus