Windows 10: What I learned playing prey to Windows scammers

Discus and support What I learned playing prey to Windows scammers in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Three months of phone calls prove Windows scammers are more skilled at social engineering than you think. “I am calling you from Windows.” So... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Borg 386, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Borg 386 Win User

What I learned playing prey to Windows scammers

What I learned playing prey to Windows scammers | PCWorld

:)

Borg 386, Jul 10, 2016
  2. grimmimp Win User

"Unable to install" show when I tried to install Ovi Store

phone replaced. and ovi back where it should be. what a horrible week that was. could not upload photos to facebook or delete photo's, couldn't even play any of the installed games. still won't do that again (i prey)

grimmimp, Jul 10, 2016
  3. What is this message on XBOX Live phone app from "bit.ly/xlsrules"

This has NOTHING to do with Microsoft Security Essentials but I have found absolutely no option for Windows XBOX live phone app!! They don't make it easy to find if there is one. I've been looking for almost an hour!

I haven't played in a few months, I receive this communication on June 27th on my Windows Nokia 1520 on my Xbox Live phone app:

"Congratulations! Because you signed in to Xbox Live through the Xbox app for the first time between June 15th and June 30th, you are eligible to win $40 in store credits through weekly sweepstakes. If you would like to opt-out of the sweepstakes, please
    read the Sweepstakes Official Rules to learn how: bit.ly/xlsrules"

Pretty sure this is a virus malware trying to suck kids in, but can you smart fellows just tell me is Microsoft (Xbox Live) doing ANYTHING at all about this? Is there anyone who cares that small children use this app too? Obviously monsters preying on
    kids who are thinking this is $40 they don't have to get from their parents for more games or progress on their games?

What is being done to stop these people from preying on the more naïve age group?

Where do I need to go & what can people do to stop these awful monsters and their opportunism on what I thought was a secure site?

* Moved from Virus & Malware

Jumpinthelake, Jul 10, 2016
  4. altae Win User

That woman must have a lot of free time if she can afford to waste it dealing with those f...... *Wink

altae, Jul 10, 2016
Thema:

1. What I learned playing prey to Windows scammers - Similar Threads - learned playing prey

2. Bought Birds Of Prey

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Bought Birds Of Prey: Not showing up in Movies Anywhere even though it is eligible and refuses re allow ke to paly it on my mobile phone Galaxy S20 Ultra as well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bought-birds-of-prey/62f3806c-7896-4587-82e3-8c9623d4fdd0
  3. What are the language learning program for Windows?

in Windows 10 Support
    What are the language learning program for Windows?: I know only of Rosetta Stone, are there others? 152591
  4. scammer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    scammer: I was trying to get on amazon and a warning page popped up that told me multiple accounts were being hacked into. How can I make that not pop up/do I forever need to just remember not to click that? It was the same exact message that another person had commented and written...
  5. anybody play game prey and the updated doom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    anybody play game prey and the updated doom: anybody play game prey and the updated doom. Prey game really unique but hard having after passing lobby having trouble not being killed. 142637
  6. Prey for UWP error on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prey for UWP error on PC: Unable to start Prey (2017). Getting the below error: [GRDK] Unable to add XUser: 0x80070057 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prey-for-uwp-error-on-pc/9c64a9e8-96a3-401e-b0e7-f279ff1edc12
  7. SCAMMERS windows

SCAMMERS windows: These scammers continue creating accounts without any control, they close some accounts and open new ones, they are cheating Microsoft and usurp the identity of other people. Is it a coincidence that these "independent advisor" have pictures of other Internet people in...
  8. I Believe there is Scammer

I Believe there is Scammer: I have loud screaming noise on laptop and message saying computer is locked do not turn off. Identity has been stolen and ring a number. Now I can't turn on laptop, just keep getting this message. How do I stop it? [Original Title: scammer]...
  9. scammers

scammers: I allowed a scammer into my computer, what can i do to undo it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/scammers/6c445d29-0d92-49ce-84ee-4f537787cb2d
  10. Prey (2017) Game play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prey (2017) Game play: Welcome to some game play of Prey (2017) Introduction (Part 1): FtilvQj5LNU Part 2: 7bJa8SZ5c08 Part 3: Hmmp6e8DBKg Part 4: giNamEM_puE Part 5: StfnlLUnOy8 Part 6: q6zq8uBVxNk Part 7: _AUSwPRDJBA Part 8: cogZFiBffVE Part 9: EzlENb1lBAc Part 10:...