Windows 10: What is Background Task Host?

Discus and support What is Background Task Host? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Cortana is Windows 10 user's personal assistant. To interact with Cortana, one must communicate via audio or the visual graphical User Interface.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by pyramid10, Apr 4, 2018.

1. pyramid10 Win User

What is Background Task Host?

Cortana is Windows 10 user's personal assistant. To interact with Cortana, one must communicate via audio or the visual graphical User Interface.

Application Name praid:CortanaUI

pyramid10, Apr 4, 2018
  2. AntJac Win User

Just saw this in RH. Can someone explain what it is? Is it a huge issue?

What is Background Task Host? [​IMG]

Many thanks

:)

AntJac, Apr 28, 2018
  3. HandyR Win User
    Lumia 730 ds : background downloading issue

What are you downloading exactly? In windows phone only the app which is currently in foreground will be executed. If any up is in background it will be stopped. Exeptions are speciall background tasks, provided by some apps. Execution of background task
    could be allowed or blocked in energy saver settings for each app which provides background tasks.

Please check if the app you are using provides background tasks and check if background tasks are allowed for this application.

HandyR, Apr 28, 2018
  4. What is Background Task Host?

Battery drainage on Nokia Lumia 1020

There has to be some background tasks running. Verify that by looking at Battery Saver in Settings. Look at usage and see what background tasks are enabled. I turn off most of mine.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Apr 28, 2018
  5. Samuria Win User
    It's a signed ms file used to run DLLs as long as it's in the correct folder it's can be CPU intensive

Samuria, Apr 28, 2018
  6. AntJac Win User
    Ah ok thank you. Not a huge deal then if I get that error?

AntJac, Apr 28, 2018
  7. pyramid10 Win User
    Since CortanaUI would point to audiovisual factors, this would lead to microphone input, speaker output and/or graphics interface. I would then explore these settings and drivers. And maybe correlate the crash time with specific live event.

If it is just a one-off, I would ignore it.

pyramid10, Apr 29, 2018
  8. AntJac Win User

Thanks very much. How can you tell it points to audio visual factors?

AntJac, Apr 29, 2018
Thema:

1. What is Background Task Host? - Similar Threads - Background Task Host

2. backgroundTaskHost.exe Background Task Host

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    backgroundTaskHost.exe Background Task Host: backgroundTaskHost.exe Background Task Host? what is this running in the background. and how many background tasks should be running? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backgroundtaskhostexe-background-task-host/fb597f93-5617-4bd4-b43d-b644379bf272
  3. backgroundTaskHost.exe Background Task Host

in Windows 10 Gaming
    backgroundTaskHost.exe Background Task Host: backgroundTaskHost.exe Background Task Host https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backgroundtaskhostexe-background-task-host/fb597f93-5617-4bd4-b43d-b644379bf272
  4. backgroundTaskHost.exe Background Task Host

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    backgroundTaskHost.exe Background Task Host: backgroundTaskHost.exe Background Task Host https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backgroundtaskhostexe-background-task-host/fb597f93-5617-4bd4-b43d-b644379bf272
  5. What process is this "ncsiuwpapp background task host"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What process is this "ncsiuwpapp background task host": In the last few days, I started to open the windows task manager, and I noticed this etranne process, and I was wondering what it could be, I went to research but I didn't find anything about the subject, so I decided to ask a question. I found an image of the process....
  6. Task Host Window is Stopping Background Tasks

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Host Window is Stopping Background Tasks: In addition to these problems: Start Button is not working. Windows Explorer/Search is not working. Setting is not responsive. When I restart or shutdown, I get the message "Task Host Window is Stopping Background Tasks". Is this creating the problem with the Start...
  7. What can be done to correct receiving task host is stopping background tasks?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What can be done to correct receiving task host is stopping background tasks?: Hello, I received this message a month ago and have tried many things to correct the problem. I must have done something wrong because now the Windows Update screen is blank. I can't get to Update History or anything else. I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro Version...
  8. Task host is stopping background tasks

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task host is stopping background tasks: What can be done to correct receiving task host is stopping background tasks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-host-is-stopping-background-tasks/a7f82c8e-4c1f-405e-b0a0-962966238837
  9. task host window is stopping background tasks

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    task host window is stopping background tasks: This warning has become an issue after two of the last three windows updates stopping restarts and shutdowns. We have tried the many steps outlined via google search as well as: Control panel Administrative Tools Task Scheduler open Left side Select Task schedule...
  10. Task Host Window stopping background tasks

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Host Window stopping background tasks: It means that a process is hung up and Windows has killed it. Sounds like your video editor is the problem. I think your right. I contacted my IT service and they told me the graphics card needed updating. I thought that fixed the problem but later today Premiere began to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. background task host

2. backgroundTaskHost.exe Mobile Plans Background Task Host

3. your phone background task host

4. what is background task host,
  5. background task host ram,
  6. what is a background task in windows,
  7. mobile plans task manager,
  8. background task host stopped working,
  9. what is task host,
  10. backgroundtaskhost closed,
  11. mobile plans background task cpu usage,