Windows 10: What is best install option for the following

Discus and support What is best install option for the following in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a PC with W7 business pro and want to upgrade to W10 version. I am not sure of the best way to do so. In this process I also want to add a SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by emphasis, Jul 11, 2016.

1. emphasis Win User

What is best install option for the following

I have a PC with W7 business pro and want to upgrade to W10 version. I am not sure of the best way to do so. In this process I also want to add a SSD my system. At this time my PC has one HD with a C and D partitons; the OS is on the C partition.

My question is should I just proceed to upgrade to my current C drive and then clone to the new SSD drive after the drive is installed

OR

If the new SSD is installed am I given a choice by the W10 install program to what drive I want to install the W!0 ie new SSD

OR

Does it really not make any difference.

Please advise

Jerry

:)

emphasis, Jul 11, 2016
  2. MSMCdc Win User

What would be the best option for pen/stylus?

I recently bought a Toshiba Fusion 15 http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...-Signature-Edition-Laptop/productID.320617500 . I love my laptop, but I would like to know if this model supports pens with digitizer(
    like the surface pens) or what if at there is at all, would be the best option for me to use a pen/stylus on this model to take notes in class? i tried a point stylus http://musemee.com/us/notier.php the notier v2 but quite honestly it does not work properly.
    I calibrated it , but i would be writing and there would be gaps in my letters. Is this laptop not really capable of touchscreen note taking? Thanks a lot of the help, it would really save me from spending on buying pens/styluses uselessly.

MSMCdc, Jul 11, 2016
  3. What would be the best option for pen/stylus?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

We are sorry from our side for the delay in response. Please update us, is your issue resolved or you still facing the same issue.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Deepak..Raghav, Jul 11, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Opinion: If I had made the factory restore discs for Win7 I would use them to install Win7 on the SSD with no other drive installed, update any drivers necessary. Then I'd Upgrade to Win10 and finally plug in the HDD as a second drive. Some folks have done the Upgrade then done a clean install later.

Berton, Jul 12, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Jul 12, 2016
  6. emphasis Win User
    Thanks for your reply and suggestion. I decided to try your clean install and encountered this problem.

I went to Windows and downloaded and installed Media Creation Tool. No problem with either but when I ran the program it showed
    a space to select what edition of Windows 10 I wanted to install.

I have Windows 7 professional installed with a license number but the media creation tool only gave me the option of Windows 10.

Please advise.

Jerry

emphasis, Jul 12, 2016
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Windows 10 includes both Home and Pro versions. When you start the install, select "I don't have a product key" and the next choice will be if you want to install Home or Pro.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. What is best install option for the following - Similar Threads - best install option

2. Windows 7 issues. What is my best option ?.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 issues. What is my best option ?.: I am having many problems with my WINDOWS 7 Installation. I am having error messages and can't access files I can't lose. Can I find an ISO for reinstalling Windows 7 or upgrade to Windows 10 or 11 without losing my files. I cannot even save Screenshots now.I am also not able...
  3. Windows 7 issues. What is my best option ?.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 issues. What is my best option ?.: I am having many problems with my WINDOWS 7 Installation. I am having error messages and can't access files I can't lose. Can I find an ISO for reinstalling Windows 7 or upgrade to Windows 10 or 11 without losing my files. I cannot even save Screenshots now.I am also not able...
  4. What's Best !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's Best !: Hi again, just been looking at my "Default apps" and wondered if I have the best! Looks like my music is set to "Windows Music player", my videos set to open with "Films and tv" and photo viewer with "Photo" ! All recommended by Microsoft ! I have tried VLC over the years but...
  5. What's Best !

What's Best !: Hi again, just been looking at my "Default apps" and wondered if I have the best! Looks like my music is set to "Windows Music player", my videos set to open with "Films and tv" and photo viewer with "Photo" ! All recommended by Microsoft ! I have tried VLC over the years but...
  6. What's Best !

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. What are the best Windows Search configuration options that allow me to achieve the best...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are the best Windows Search configuration options that allow me to achieve the best...: Hy,I have an old PC refurbished is an HP 6000 PRO SFF:CPU: INTEL CORE 2 DUO E7500 @ 2.93Ghz;8Gb DDR3 2x2GB +2x2GB;SSD SATA WD Green 2.5 de 480 GB;When I upgraded from an HDD to a SATA SSD, a guy from Microsoft suggested I disable the SYSMAIN service and keep Windows search...
  8. What are the best Windows Search configuration options that allow me to achieve the best...

What are the best Windows Search configuration options that allow me to achieve the best...: Hy,I have an old PC refurbished is an HP 6000 PRO SFF:CPU: INTEL CORE 2 DUO E7500 @ 2.93Ghz;8Gb DDR3 2x2GB +2x2GB;SSD SATA WD Green 2.5 de 480 GB;When I upgraded from an HDD to a SATA SSD, a guy from Microsoft suggested I disable the SYSMAIN service and keep Windows search...
  9. What are the best Windows Search configuration options that allow me to achieve the best...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Storage Spaces/Software Raid | What Are My Best Options?

in Windows 10 Support
    Storage Spaces/Software Raid | What Are My Best Options?: Hi guys, So this is a multiple question on same topic thread. So my current set up is 3 SSD drives, two the same running in software RAID0 (I think they call it resilient mode in Storage Spaces settings) which I use to install games not sure if this is woth it or not, does...