Windows 10: What is causing User Profile Service service failed error?

Discus and support What is causing User Profile Service service failed error? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; In a domain environment. My environment is seeing a spike in an issue where users cannot log into their profiles, while being met with error: "The... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by synth45, Aug 31, 2018.

1. synth45 Win User

What is causing User Profile Service service failed error?

In a domain environment.

My environment is seeing a spike in an issue where users cannot log into their profiles, while being met with error: "The User Profile service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."

After this the user, after entering correct password, will have a profile that will not load.

Also, Windows will not create new profiles and will spit out the same error at log on screen.

However, local admin account and profile will work.

After looking online I found suggested registry fixes. But these did not work for me. The only fix that would work for me is creating a new default folder under c:\users and copying over a working good ntuser.dat file from another default folder on another good machine.

I have a fix already in place (by rebuilding default profile with good ntuser.dat file) but these issues are popping up more and more frequently, so I'm trying to find out what is causing this corruption of the default folder and/or its ntuser.dat file.

I have an suspicion that it could be the permissions of the default folder being set to non-readable for user accounts that attempt to log on but why would this matter if the profile is already created? Regardless, perhaps something is forcing these permissions to be non-readable? I need more computers to test this theory.

So I'm trying to narrow it down and see if it's the ntuser.dat file becoming corrupted in default folder or the permissions of default folder are being changed to non-readable for user accounts.

Your thoughts? Any ideas on what could be causing a sudden occurrence of this issue?

Thanks.

:)

synth45, Aug 31, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

User Profile Service failed

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Copy the Default folder (in C:\Users) from another windows 10 computer.
    • Rename the Default folder to something like DefaultOLD (just to keep it for safety reasons).
    • Paste it in your Users folder.
    • To make sure that you won't have problems with permissions of the "implant" folder, just transfer it via a FAT/FAT32 formatted USB stick (those filesystems don't have permissions).

This will provide solution to the error User Profile Service failed.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 31, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Aug 31, 2018
  4. What is causing User Profile Service service failed error?

user profile service failed the logon

Hi,

There could be a software conflict that is why you're getting the error message
    USER PROFILE SERVICE FAILED THE LOGON

To resolve this issue, we suggest following the steps given by Bill Smithers on this
    thread and see if the issue will persist.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Aug 31, 2018
Thema:

What is causing User Profile Service service failed error?

1. What is causing User Profile Service service failed error? - Similar Threads - causing User Profile

2. user profile service failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    user profile service failed: user profile service failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-service-failed/8ef49562-9a55-4c0e-8118-12a0b2ac32eb
  3. The user profile service service failed to log In

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The user profile service service failed to log In: I fully reset my computer but when it booted back up it took me to the log in screen like it had not done the reset and when I try to login it comes up with “the user profile service service failed to log In....
  4. The user profile service service failed the sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The user profile service service failed the sign in: I resetted my PC to improve performance and it asked me to put in my password, so I did and it showed "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded." I restarted my PC multiple times and it still shows the same error....
  5. User Profile Service service failed sign-on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Profile Service service failed sign-on: I tried to get on my Windows10 Lenovo laptop, entered my password and received error: User Profile Service Service Failed the Sign-in User Profile Cannot be LoadedI installed BitDefender including VPN and have had problems ever since. I also have 2 MS 365 accounts and...
  6. User Profile Service service failed sign-on

User Profile Service service failed sign-on: I tried to get on my Windows10 Lenovo laptop, entered my password and received error: User Profile Service Service Failed the Sign-in User Profile Cannot be LoadedI installed BitDefender including VPN and have had problems ever since. I also have 2 MS 365 accounts and...
  7. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in

in Windows 10 Customization
    The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in: After a failed attempt at factory resetting my desktop, I began to receive this message when I tried to login to my computer. I have tried to start my computer through safe mode, which has not worked, and have tried to go to a restore point, which also failed to work. Any way...
  8. User profile service service failed the logon

User profile service service failed the logon: Recently my keyboard stopped working. Due to the fact that my laptop did not experience any physical damage, I reset my laptop in the hopes that it was a software problem. After resetting my laptop I have been unable to login to my laptop with it saying “user profile service...
  9. User profile service fail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User profile service fail: Hi My laptops just done a windows (10) update. After restart I now can not log on. It says User Profile Service failure How do I fix this and why has an update caused this? Also I have not done a recent back up - as this update automatically did it despite me telling...
  10. User Profile Service Service failed

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Profile Service Service failed: Hi, I am having the same problem. One admin account which i created using mail id. Another Guest account. Admin account got this problem. So couldnt change anything in Guest account. If i give admin password in guest account to run command prompt in admin mode or...