Windows 10: What is COM surrogate? How to disable it?

Discus and support What is COM surrogate? How to disable it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I found COM Surrogate on task maneger and i search google its a virus but I never got a pop up from it or i never go on strange websites or anything i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Colinz, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Colinz Win User

What is COM surrogate? How to disable it?

I found COM Surrogate on task maneger and i search google its a virus but I never got a pop up from it or i never go on strange websites or anything i have an antivirus program. it uses 0% of the cpu though

Help. Thank you.

:)

Colinz, Sep 24, 2017

2. How to Disable Reminders on Mobile only

Interesting question Jason. I don't know of one unless Tweaks2K2 has it. You can check it out and if it is not there, send Ctitanic a note, maybe he will add it in the next version.

Web Server's Default Page

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Sep 24, 2017
  3. How do I disable login password, netplwiz NOT WORKING! PLEASE HELP!

I can't sign in to my laptop com with my Microsoft acc.

Prince JaymarArasula, Sep 24, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

bro67, Sep 24, 2017
  5. Duyenhip Win User
    It's not a virus. The COM Surrogate (dllhost.exe) is a fancy name for the Sacrificial process for a COM object that is run outside of the process that requested it. Explorer uses the COM Surrogate while extracting thumbnails. If you trying to browse folders containing pictures or video files, Explorer will fire off a COM Surrogate and use it to compute the thumbnails for the documents in the folder.

I found this video on youtube. hope this helps you

[youtube]LlSKrpUIyHA[/youtube]

Duyenhip, Sep 25, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    Duyehip, yes it a known malware hider. Do not jump into a conversation without actually doing some research like I did. The Com Surrogate has been known for a long time to hide malware in disguise, same as Service.exe.

bro67, Sep 26, 2017
  7. COM Surrogate (fancy name for the file dllhost.exe) is a genuine Windows file if it's location is:

C:\Windows\System32\

and

C:\Windows\winsxs\

goldengirl, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. What is COM surrogate? How to disable it? - Similar Threads - COM surrogate disable

2. COM Surrogate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COM Surrogate: My english is not very good i hope you dont mind, anyways i have this problem where COM Surrogate is using about 90% of my GPU, I can close is however it appears again, and when i delete it it appears in C:\Users\MyPC\AppData\Roaming\ac2c2914-db85-ba9a-1a65-a8cafbdf3a8c, it...
  3. COM Surrogate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COM Surrogate: I have been receiving the following error quite frequently, especially when I run disk cleanup. "COM Surrogate has stopped working". I have Windows 8.1 Pro. Can anyone advise me what this error represents and if I should be concerned about it?...
  4. COM Surrogate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    COM Surrogate: Is it bad that I have three COM Surrogate showing up on Task Manager? Someone said its a virus. I also have Antivirus called BitDefender please someone help this is only new laptop, I dont want viruses!...
  5. COM Surrogate

COM Surrogate: Gostaria de saber se isso é um virus ou um programa legivel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/com-surrogate/78136555-aabd-40e5-ae6e-d2acdf4ccdad
  6. COM Surrogate

in Windows 10 Customization
    COM Surrogate: A Window that keeps popping up once a day called COM Surrogate in Task Manager and its really starting to annoy me. The window says "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create...
  7. What is com surrogate

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is com surrogate: I had com surrogate I searched up what it was and alot of youtube video's said it was a virus so I deleted it and now my friend is telling its a very important file on your computer and now I am scared can you help? submitted by /u/markdojo13 [link] [comments]...
  8. COM surrogate

COM surrogate: I logged on this morning and CMD automatically opened. I became concerned because nothing like this usually happens, so i opened task manager after researching reasons why this may occur and discovering that it may be caused by malware. i saw that a couple programs labelled...
  9. Com Surrogate

Com Surrogate: Hi! This days my computer shows a window that I never saw before about COM Surrogate. It says Windows Security in the name bar above but I don't thrust. What it is? It's a virus?...
  10. COM Surrogate

in Windows 10 Support
    COM Surrogate: I'm trying to delete a file or remove personal picture information from a *.jpg, but I'm told that "The action can't be completed because the file is open in COM Surrogate." What is going on? 31943

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable com surrogate windows 10

2. disable com surrogate windows 10 pop up

3. how to hide surrogate com errors