Windows 10: What is corrupting my Bios?

Discus and support What is corrupting my Bios? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; About every few months, Windows 10 will crash and then my computer refuses to post. If I remove one memory module, I can usually get it to let me into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by socklosk, Oct 17, 2016.

1. socklosk Win User

What is corrupting my Bios?

About every few months, Windows 10 will crash and then my computer refuses to post. If I remove one memory module, I can usually get it to let me into the Bios which I need to re-flash it or allow the Dual Bios feature in my motherboard accomplish this for me. The problem is not the memory, and I have tested it, tried different slots, and even replaced the memory with another brand to no avail. Moreover, this has not happened once while using Windows 7. See my specs for the configuration of my system.

:)

socklosk, Oct 17, 2016

2. Windows 10 is corrupting my SD cards

I insert an SD card into my card reader plugged into my Windows 10 laptop and it gets corrupted - Explorer reports errors and the system cannot format the card. The cards work just fin in my windows 7 laptop. My Win 10 laptop auto updates so it has all
    the latest updates. I saw a similar post about this occurring with .wav files but my SD cards contain .gcode files for 3D printing.

David-Higgins, Oct 17, 2016
  3. Windows 10 is corrupting my SD cards

What happens if you put those .gcode files on a regular USB thumb drive then connect it?

Also, what type of file system is the SD card using, FAT32 or exFAT?

Andre Da Costa, Oct 17, 2016
  4. shimshom Win User

Your PSU seems kind of under powered and have you tried using a different one

shimshom, Oct 18, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    Agreed, I'd go for at least a 450W.

Berton, Oct 18, 2016
  6. socklosk Win User
    I'm now using an FSP Group AURUM S 400W Power Supply with Intel Haswell Certified

socklosk, Oct 18, 2016
  7. shimshom Win User
    Are you overclocking your system and have you tried resetting the BIOS to default

shimshom, Oct 19, 2016
  8. socklosk Win User

No overclocking, but I keep the memory at the speed produced by the XMP Profile, but I have tried different memory to no avail.

socklosk, Oct 19, 2016
  9. shimshom Win User
    Have you tried to disable the XMP and set the memory manually such as voltage and timing and speed especially if running 4 or more modules and set your PCI Express Frequency to 100 if your MB allows it

shimshom, Oct 19, 2016
  10. socklosk Win User
    I have always kept the XMP profile enables, and I use just two modules, but why would this corrupt my Bios? I'm not using any of my PCI slots. I also bought new memory, but the problem persists.

socklosk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. What is corrupting my Bios? - Similar Threads - corrupting Bios

2. How do i fix my corrupted bios?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix my corrupted bios?: I recently updated my bios l, i feel like its the wrong version for my computer and my computer got brick. Do you guys have a solution to this? Its a HP LAPTOP 15-bs1xx and i also tried all the bios recovery utility and the windows + B is not working....
  3. How do i fix my corrupted bios?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i fix my corrupted bios?: I recently updated my bios l, i feel like its the wrong version for my computer and my computer got brick. Do you guys have a solution to this? Its a HP LAPTOP 15-bs1xx and i also tried all the bios recovery utility and the windows + B is not working....
  4. How do i fix my corrupted bios?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. PC not booting. Bios corrupted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC not booting. Bios corrupted: My HP Pavilion 350 G1 i7 4500u is not booting after I did an automatic restore. I found out that the BIOS has been corrupted. I did a BIOS recovery using a USB drive by downloading from HP driver and software. But it's still not working. My PC has been updated to windows 10...
  6. PC not booting. Bios corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not booting. Bios corrupted: My HP Pavilion 350 G1 i7 4500u is not booting after I did an automatic restore. I found out that the BIOS has been corrupted. I did a BIOS recovery using a USB drive by downloading from HP driver and software. But it's still not working. My PC is in windows 10 and the BIOS on...
  7. PC not booting. Bios corrupted

PC not booting. Bios corrupted: My HP Pavilion 350 G1 i7 4500u is not booting after I did an automatic restore. I found out that the BIOS has been corrupted. I did a BIOS recovery using a USB drive by downloading from HP driver and software. But it's still not working. My PC is in windows 10 and the BIOS on...
  8. My bios won't open nor I can install windows 10 again is my ssd corrupted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My bios won't open nor I can install windows 10 again is my ssd corrupted?: Some time ago I was playing or watching YouTube when suddenly my laptop just got struck with a BSOD I thought I was nothing until it started appearing more and more ultimately corrupting my windowsI tried to get into bios NopeI tried getting into diagnostics,system...
  9. My bios won't open nor I can install windows 10 again is my ssd corrupted?

My bios won't open nor I can install windows 10 again is my ssd corrupted?: Some time ago I was playing or watching YouTube when suddenly my laptop just got struck with a BSOD I thought I was nothing until it started appearing more and more ultimately corrupting my windowsI tried to get into bios NopeI tried getting into diagnostics,system...
  10. My bios won't open nor I can install windows 10 again is my ssd corrupted?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade