Windows 10: What is Driver pmxdrv.sys?

Discus and support What is Driver pmxdrv.sys? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Autoruns shows the driver pmxdrv.sys is loaded. It is described as a PAIPTAC Driver but there is no other information (see below). A Google search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Steve C, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Steve C Win User

What is Driver pmxdrv.sys?

Autoruns shows the driver pmxdrv.sys is loaded. It is described as a PAIPTAC Driver but there is no other information (see below). A Google search doesn't reveal what it is. Does anyone know what this driver is for?

What is Driver pmxdrv.sys? [​IMG]

:)

Steve C, Dec 23, 2017
  2. what!?!? Win User

Apps not closing, still running in background

Thanks for the response. I am not looking for a "close all" function. Sometimes I intentionally want to leave an app running. In windows phone 8.1, I could exit and close th app by merely selecting the arrow/back button, I am looking for that same functionality.
    When I'm in an app, I want to be able to exit directly from there and not have it continuing in the background.

what!?!?, Dec 23, 2017
  3. what!?!? Win User
    Apps not closing, still running in background

I just got my Lumia 950 phone. On my prior Windows phone, when I pressed the arrow/back button on the bottom left screen, I would exit the app. On Windows 10 phone, I've been doing that and I just realized I'm not exiting the apps. I had intentionally not
    exited an app (because it had my boarding pass). Instead of back button, I pressed the middle window button. Later when I went back to call up my airline app, I pressed the arrow/back button and held it. Similar to my old windows phone, it showed me all the
    apps that were open. SURPRISE! unlike my previous phone, no app had been closing. Right now, I can't seem to find a "one click" way to exit an app. The only way is after I've done a few things, I hold the back button and click the "X" on each of the open items.

Can someone tell me how to exit an app with one click or swipe so that it is not still running, i.e. when I press the back button I will not see it? I'm sure this is something simple. I search the instructions that came with the phone and looked in the
    forum but haven't found the answer.

thanks in advance the assist.

what!?!?, Dec 23, 2017
  4. SoFine409 Win User

SoFine409, Dec 23, 2017
  5. Steve C Win User
    Thanks. At least that link shows the publisher is Intel. How hard can it be for Intel to insert details in the file so we can work out what the file is for?

Steve C, Dec 23, 2017
  6. SoFine409 Win User
    That would make it too easy for us. LOL. Merry Christmas.

SoFine409, Dec 23, 2017
  7. clst Win User
    As this is the top result for the filename on Google I am necroing this to tell everyone that:

pmxdrv.sys is a component of the INTEL-SA-00086 Detection Tool included in SA00086_Windows.zip in case anyone else is wondering where it came from. That is the Hyperthreading Bug detection Tool. Possibly included in other Intel tools.

Took me a while to figure it out, so I thought I would spare others the time too look for it. Too bad Intel didn't bother to remove it once the Tool finished.

clst, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. What is Driver pmxdrv.sys? - Similar Threads - Driver pmxdrv sys

2. What is Inpoutx64.sys and is it needed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is Inpoutx64.sys and is it needed?: When I started up my pc, I got a notification sayibg Riot Vanguard has blockrd Inpoutx64.sys from loading, do I need it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-inpoutx64sys-and-is-it-needed/7c31b240-2df1-439e-ac06-ccfc873aa9a7
  3. What is zamguard64.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is zamguard64.sys: What is zamguard64.sys? And should I delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-zamguard64sys/b2a9a885-cccc-4a85-b8e5-47cfd22626c1
  4. What is zamguard64.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is zamguard64.sys: What is zamguard64.sys? And should I delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-zamguard64sys/b2a9a885-cccc-4a85-b8e5-47cfd22626c1
  5. What is WinDivert64.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is WinDivert64.sys: My laptop has been giving me the BSOD for a while, and I finally decided to try fixing it. I ran the Driver Verifier, and it finally gave me an error message that WinDivert64.sys failed.What is WinDivert64.sys used for?I tried searching for it online but got very mixed...
  6. What is WinDivert64.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is WinDivert64.sys: My laptop has been giving me the BSOD for a while, and I finally decided to try fixing it. I ran the Driver Verifier, and it finally gave me an error message that WinDivert64.sys failed.What is WinDivert64.sys used for?I tried searching for it online but got very mixed...
  7. What is WinDivert64.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. What exactly is the "Xhunter1.sys" driver?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What exactly is the "Xhunter1.sys" driver?: [ATTACH]Whenever I try to turn on memory integrity in windows security, I come across an incompatible driver error. The name of the driver is "xhunter1.sys". I have no idea about the driver. I tried searching on the web and cannot find anything useful. Can someone explain...
  9. BSOD L1C63x64.sys driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD L1C63x64.sys driver: Hi, I am getting BSODs and the error message it gives is: Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(L1C63x64.sys) I believe that is the Qualcomm Atheros Network driver, but mine is up to date to the last Windows8 compatible driver on the Atheros website. This leads me to believe...
  10. What is semav6msr64.sys & Mellanox Drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is semav6msr64.sys & Mellanox Drivers?: Just checking my installed drivers, I found the driver semav6msr64.sys listed in Autoruns? Looking at file properties gives no clue what it is for. What is the purpose of this driver and can I remove it? Also, there are various driver entries by Mellanox e.g. winmad.sys,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pmxdrv.sys

2. pmxdrv64.sys

3. pmxdrv

4. pmxdrv;