Windows 10: what is F System directory that suddenly appears in Windows 10

Discus and support what is F System directory that suddenly appears in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am very limited in Windows 10. Some time ago, I just updated my Motebook from Windows 8 to 10. Today I noted that there is certain root directory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by deme, Aug 9, 2016.

1. deme Win User

what is F System directory that suddenly appears in Windows 10

I am very limited in Windows 10. Some time ago, I just updated my Motebook from Windows 8 to 10. Today I noted that there is certain root directory label F which I don't remenber have saw before. The worst is that I tried to browse such directory and I got the message "At this moment, you don't have permission to access such folder" (hopefully my translation from portuguese to English is close enough to the original message in English). I mean worst because I am the administrator of this workstation.
    Is such "F" part of Windows or should I start think it is a bug or virus? (see the image below)

what is F System directory that suddenly appears in Windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

deme, Aug 9, 2016
  2. Nick Dich Win User

sudden f drive appears ( system (F) )

Hi Aadil,

Have you recently connected any device peripherals to your computer like flash drives or external storage devices? Do you also remember installing any program or software on your computer? Some programs have the purpose of creating virtual drives in the
    computer. We need these information so we can isolate the cause of this.

We will be waiting for your response.

Nick Dich, Aug 9, 2016
  3. sudden f drive appears ( system (F) )

for a couple of days new system f drive 200mb capacity appearing on windows

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

AADIL HUSSAIN, Aug 9, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

That System (F*Smile or System Reserved is part of Windows and shouldn't be removed. It's usually relatively small. I've found the only way is to boot to a GPARTED LiveCD and delete all partitions in preparation for installing Windows "clean", on a clean drive but that is not your intent yet.

That Smiley in my first line is a failing of this forum, replaces the colon : when posted. (F*Smile *Smile Experimenting shows the combination of : and ) inserts the Smiley. *Smile

Berton, Aug 9, 2016
  5. mike s Win User
    mike s, Aug 9, 2016
  6. Same instance for me. Seems like due to the new update by windows.

what is F System directory that suddenly appears in Windows 10 [​IMG]

edisonclemente, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. what is F System directory that suddenly appears in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - System directory suddenly

2. F:\ directory name is invalid why?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    F:\ directory name is invalid why?: Why is this showing up I've tried doing the chkdsk f/ thing bu than it pops up with this is a ram device/format can I change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f-directory-name-is-invalid-why/98476da3-bb60-45be-9e87-9ce9bf55cb7a
  3. F:\ directory name is invalid why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    F:\ directory name is invalid why?: Why is this showing up I've tried doing the chkdsk f/ thing bu than it pops up with this is a ram device/format can I change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f-directory-name-is-invalid-why/98476da3-bb60-45be-9e87-9ce9bf55cb7a
  4. F:\ directory name is invalid why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What the f...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What the f...: Can I understand, why I see reminder of RU-holiday "Day Of Russia" on login screen of Windows 11 ? My Windows region - Ukraine. My language of the interface - english. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-the-f/2e5082d5-a9a4-453c-a1f0-4084af316fb5
  6. What the f...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What the f...: Can I understand, why I see reminder of RU-holiday "Day Of Russia" on login screen of Windows 11 ? My Windows region - Ukraine. My language of the interface - english. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-the-f/2e5082d5-a9a4-453c-a1f0-4084af316fb5
  7. system interrupts f

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    system interrupts f: how to fix system interrupts give me any toll that can fix the system interrupts [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-interrupts-f/c9d9bb1f-0f7b-4bec-99bb-28b3cd755912
  8. Windows 10 problems suddenly appearing????

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 problems suddenly appearing????: Am I the only one that has recently started experiencing problems with Windows 10 applications. It seems as if everyday something that worked yesterday has stopped today. Nearby sharing, action center, focus assist and auto play are the ones so far. I have obtained help...
  9. Windows 10 appearance suddenly changed.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 appearance suddenly changed.: I've updated my windows 10 yesterday and it installed a feature update. But that update is not as good as previous one and Microsoft also didn't announced any feature update. So what is that feature update? pic: [ATTACH]...
  10. Virus Found in the Unistore Temp Directory by F-Secure

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus Found in the Unistore Temp Directory by F-Secure: All, I am running a Windows 10 Operating System and I use F-Secure as my Anti-Virus. I'm constantly getting popup alerts of virus removal. The location is C:\Users\Myuser\AppData\Local\Comms\Unistore\Data\Temp I will also say, I am no where near an Admin Account...