Windows 10: What Is Going On With Update 1803

Discus and support What Is Going On With Update 1803 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For the second time, Microsoft has overridden my settings for Windows Update and Background Intelligent Transfer in services and forced a download of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TexasBandit, Aug 14, 2018.

1. What Is Going On With Update 1803

For the second time, Microsoft has overridden my settings for Windows Update and Background Intelligent Transfer in services and forced a download of 1803. And predictably it caused problems. After the update Windows would not even start. Thankfully, I have a system image and was able to recover my system to 1709. This latest failure was the 10th, that's right 10 times, that update has tried to install and failed. At this point, I am going to stay with 1709 16229.492 until the next major update. This is just a pitiful effort by Microsoft, as has been the case for some time. It's past time for Microsoft to clean up their software. Obviously, their "testing" with the Insider Program is not working.

:)

TexasBandit, Aug 14, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Aug 14, 2018
  3. update 1803

Hi mian muddassir inayat,

There are certain laptop models and computer components that are not fully compatible with the latest Windows version (Windows 1803). Our developers are aware of this and may release an update to address the issue as soon as possible. With that said, we do
    not suggest to force upgrade a device that has compatibility issues. Please answer the following so we can check for options on how we can help you with your concern:

• What is the make and model of your PC?
    • How did you upgrade your computer to Windows 1803?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • Do you have a 3rd party antivirus installed on your PC?

Normally, if your PC meets the requirements for the upgrade, it will be offered to you. If your PC doesn't have an incompatible hardware, then we can proceed with troubleshooting steps.

Gemzon Mar, Aug 14, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

What Is Going On With Update 1803

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond What Is Going On With Update 1803 :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

What Is Going On With Update 1803

1. What Is Going On With Update 1803 - Similar Threads - Going Update 1803

2. What's going on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's going on?: Part of my touch pad isn't working, also says there is no internet. i can still use my browsers however, and am still connected to my wi-fi. The only parts to my touch pad not working is the mouse pad itself and the three buttons bellow it. The three buttons on top, however...
  3. What is going on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is going on?: OMG, I just got one MS Edge tab open. Can anyone explain what is going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-going-on/057cb06d-21cd-4320-85d4-4a86a4ad7148
  4. What the heck is going on with this new update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What the heck is going on with this new update?: Since the update whenever that was, my wifi hasn't worked the same. I cannot connect to it. My wifi adapter on my computer laptop is updated, the driver is updated, EVERYTHING is updated. I wanna know what the heck is going on! Did something flip when the update happened and...
  5. What the heck is going on with this new update?

What the heck is going on with this new update?: Since the update whenever that was, my wifi hasn't worked the same. I cannot connect to it. My wifi adapter on my computer laptop is updated, the driver is updated, EVERYTHING is updated. I wanna know what the heck is going on! Did something flip when the update happened and...
  6. What is going on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is going on: [ATTACH] Why does my task manager say my pc has been on for 16 days 5 hours and has 1602188 handles what ever that means I just recently bought this pc from PowerGPU and im not sure whats going on....
  7. What is going on with Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is going on with Windows Update?: Windows did an automatic update on my computer last night, and I have a couple of questions/topics for discussion about it: 1: My computer has always had a wonky touch screen. A year or so ago, I disabled my touch screen via regedit using this helpful guide:...
  8. What is going on Windows 10 update!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is going on Windows 10 update!!!: I have a interview Monday - need to print - need to connect to the internet I did the Windows 10 update due to threat of no support in the future. Now I cannot print wot my HP Envy or stay connected to the internet I do not need this frustration and stresss Can someone...
  9. Whats going on with updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Whats going on with updates: Just checked history and all failed,everything else has update in office and security. Where do I begin? All update have worked before december, running OS build 14393.576 now. *Sick Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3213986)...
  10. what is going on with store app updates?

what is going on with store app updates?: I logged into my backup computer, went to the app store and saw I had 6 updates waiting for me, I hit install and then noticed the two of the updates were for net framework packages, say what, how are these considered app updates? [img] 23003