Windows 10: What is going on with Windows 10 and privacy????

Discus and support What is going on with Windows 10 and privacy???? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, I've just installed the new 1803 update. While I understand that Microsoft is working on getting Bing up to speed and there is competition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Marko1401, May 6, 2018.

1. Marko1401 Win User

What is going on with Windows 10 and privacy????

Hi guys,

I've just installed the new 1803 update.
    While I understand that Microsoft is working on getting Bing up to speed and there is competition from Google in a way, with their chromebook lineup and Google integration...…

WHAT IN THE NINE DEPTHS OF DEVELOPER HELL
    is up with microsoft and their user tracking?

Are you aware that they tie everything up with your microsoft account then see how you use your device and all the privacy along with it? So they will show you how to integrate all the nice stuff over multipe devices but who would allow a company to see where and how I use my device for business, which websites I load, how I load them and similar.

What are your thoughts on this? This is personally, for me, completely unacceptable. To have an OS track everything I do. WTF?
    For this reason I am seriously considering ditching win10 for some linux distro

Want to hear your thoughs on this

:)

Marko1401, May 6, 2018
Thema:

What is going on with Windows 10 and privacy????

1. What is going on with Windows 10 and privacy???? - Similar Threads - going privacy

2. How do I go about changing my Minecraft privacy settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I go about changing my Minecraft privacy settings?: How do I find my privacy settings? I recently transferred to a Microsoft account from my old Mojang account and I don’t know where my privacy settings are, or if I can even change them. My Microsoft account has some old privacy settings on it from years ago and I’m not sure...
  3. How do I go about changing my Minecraft privacy settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I go about changing my Minecraft privacy settings?: How do I find my privacy settings? I recently transferred to a Microsoft account from my old Mojang account and I don’t know where my privacy settings are, or if I can even change them. My Microsoft account has some old privacy settings on it from years ago and I’m not sure...
  4. Microsoft respects your privacy message won’t go away.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft respects your privacy message won’t go away.: I purchased a new computer with Windows 11 about 6 months ago.I have been using it with no problems until recently.Now the message above with 4 pages, each with selection options seems to pop up randomly.I can't get rid of it. It is an intrusion on my privacy!!There was a...
  5. Microsoft respects your privacy message won’t go away.

Microsoft respects your privacy message won’t go away.: I purchased a new computer with Windows 11 about 6 months ago.I have been using it with no problems until recently.Now the message above with 4 pages, each with selection options seems to pop up randomly.I can't get rid of it. It is an intrusion on my privacy!!There was a...
  6. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** going directly to gmail trash not inbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    *** Email address is removed for privacy *** going directly to gmail trash not inbox: i went through my filters numerous times can't find anything close to a match..changed to tracking to yahoo mail..no problem..any ideas?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/going-directly-to-gmail-trash-not-inbox/c3581646-dcf6-4ea2-8df9-82b4740af308
  7. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** going directly to gmail trash not inbox

*** Email address is removed for privacy *** going directly to gmail trash not inbox: i went through my filters numerous times can't find anything close to a match..changed to tracking to yahoo mail..no problem..any ideas?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/going-directly-to-gmail-trash-not-inbox/c3581646-dcf6-4ea2-8df9-82b4740af308
  8. whenever I go to privacy settings and click microphone the settings app shuts off automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    whenever I go to privacy settings and click microphone the settings app shuts off automatically: whenever i go to microphone, under privacy settings, settings app automatically shuts down. i don't know why this is happening. event log for this is: Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 12-01-2021 18:03:49 Event ID: 1000...
  9. mic and camera are disabled and when I go into the privacy setting. the On/off button is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    mic and camera are disabled and when I go into the privacy setting. the On/off button is...: I've googled it at it keeps taking me to the same option go to privacy setting and click Camera/mic on but I can't because the primary off/on is disabled. So I cannot select which apps to allow use of the mic and camera. My son is back in school now and he's supposed to take...
  10. Microsoft Respects Your Privacy Screen will not go away

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Respects Your Privacy Screen will not go away: Every time I try to open a Word or Excel file, I am taken to a full-screen message stating Microsoft Respects Your Privacy....I have 2 options. 1 I can click on learn more and go to the Microsoft site. But this helps in no way, and afterwards I have the same problem each...