Windows 10: What is going on?

Discus and support What is going on? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Either Im not alone, or Im the only guy on the planet that has Win 10 ruining his life. I have been through every possible scenario I can come up with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rowdee, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Rowdee Win User

What is going on?

Either Im not alone, or Im the only guy on the planet that has Win 10 ruining his life. I have been through every possible scenario I can come up with to fix the "FREEZE" issue. Thought it was Firefox at first, but it seems its really a Win 10 problem. Imagine, a multi billion dollar company that make right at all, ever. Always broken. Is there some secret trick to fixing this? Ive already rolled back from Creators. Didnt help. My computer is virtually new and I have been doing this since well, a long time. Whats up? How does this get fixed? PLEASE!!!!*Mad

:)

Rowdee, Jul 13, 2017

2. My network adapter and other usb ports randomly disconnect under high traffic

So basically I upgraded to windows 10 roughly 2 months ago. Ever since that I've been experiencing REALLY infuriating problems with my network adapter. Keep in mind that on windows 7 this did not happen ONCE. Basically when ever I start downloading something,
    after a few minutes my download speed starts slowing down and in like 30 seconds when it reaches 0 my network adapter disconnects AND my mouse and my keyboard disconnect too. Sometimes it also does this when I'm not even doing anything. It's really random,
    I had my PC on for 10 hours straight yesterday and didn't have it happen and the day after that it happened twice in an hour.

At first I thought this was a problem with my adapter so I went and talked with the support of the developer of my network adapter. They thought the problem might be the fact that the drivers of my adapter didn't work properly with windows 10 which is why
    they told me to uninstall it completely and just use the standard win10 drivers which should work just fine. Well, I did that and it worked for a few days until I started downloading something again and it disconnected again.

At this point I'm thinking that it HAS to be something with windows 10. I did NOT change a thing inside my pc when I updated to windows 10 so it has to be software based somehow. I was thinking that it might be the fact that my pc is shutting down my usb
    ports to save power, but I can't fathom why would it do that. My power supply is more than enough for my PC so that can't be the problem. I tried turning off "windows can turn off this device to save power" from all of my usb ports and the network adapter
    in device manager but it didn't help.

Does anyone know what is wrong or what should I do to fix it?

What is going on91, Jul 13, 2017
  3. What is going on??

Nokia REALLY SHOULD PAY AT LEAST A LITTLE ATTENTION TO THEIR CUSTOMERS. I TRIED IT COUPLE OF TIMES AND IT WASNT THAT HARD.

But I guess 'hear no evil, see no evil' is somesort of strategy also. Everybody oughta contribute to this thread, maybe nokia update team would bother to give a little something in return if everybody contributed to this thread.. (wishful thinking...)

stadi---01, Jul 13, 2017
  4. What is going on?

Run from a Admin CMD Prompt--sfc /SCANNOW this will tell you if you have any integrity problems. From the same prompt run CHKDSK /f and this will check your drive for errors.

Josey Wales, Jul 13, 2017
  5. spunk Win User
    I know you are frustrated, but This is a family forum, profanity is not acceptable!
    You spent a lot of time Ranting, but you didn't say what the problem is. Other then mentioning Freezing.
    Freezing is caused by separate issues.
    1. The computer is overheating, blow out the fans on the side and the bottom of the laptop with a can of compressed air. Be sure there is plenty of ventilation to the bottom of the laptop (ie) don;t use on carpet, or glass table. Consider a laptop cooling pad.
    Or a software conflict not the Windows OS. Try a Clean Boot. If this works, add one Startup Item or Service at a time, rebooting each time till the computer starts freezing, Then you will know the problematic program.

spunk, Jul 13, 2017
  6. New hardware can have issues, its fairly rare but it happens. Damaged in transit, etc. Has it done this from day one, or did it happen after a Windows update etc?

alphanumeric, Jul 13, 2017
  7. spunk Win User
    Also could you please explain how your computer is Virtually New, and yet you have been working on this a long time? How new is new? How long is a long time?
    If the computer is new as you say, then take it back to get another one. You should not have to do anything to a new computer to make it work.

spunk, Jul 13, 2017
  8. Rowdee Win User

What is going on?

Forgive my outburst. The hard drive and hd are all new. Actually, beenin for a while and just reinstalled win 10 a while ago. Im giving up and rolling back to 8.1. I hate it, but at least I can actually use my computer. Ive tried everything including clean boot. Thanks anyway.

Rowdee, Jul 14, 2017
  9. Edwin New Member
    Firefox may be the culprit, disable Hardware Acceleration in FF.

Edwin, Jul 14, 2017
  10. Rowdee Win User
    Think I finally got to the bottom of this issue. It seems many things at one time conspire to keep Win 10 from working. Last night and this morning I did a bunch of things. I did the clean boot, but was unable to really come to any conclusions. I tried removing my AVIRA antivirus and that was the beginning of it. Seems Win 10 doesnt like my Avira. Especially when you start up Firefox. A combination of issues there. Long story short-er.... I did a bunch of FF about:config tweaks and went back to AVG and big difference. I also got IOBIT and ran every tweak and test and defragged the heck out of it and ran the entire suite of things it had overnight, including large file defrag. Today, its peaceful here. One thing that helped a lot with FF and its hanging, switch FLASH to ASK TO ACTIVATE. That way it isnt constantly impacting everything you do. A BIG PART OF THE FREEZE problem. FF aint perfect, but its much smoother. Time will tell.

Rowdee, Jul 14, 2017
  11. AV software can be a nightmare.

Tried to update my wife's Win 7 desktop with a new AVG. Install hung at progress-bar 37%. (Funny ... that same AVG update ran fine on my Win 7 desktop.)
    Jumped through hoops to uninstall her old AVG.
    Then tried Avira. Install hung at 50-something percent.
    Then tried Avast. It worked.

Why all the trouble? *Sad

AV software can be a nightmare.

margrave55, Jul 14, 2017
  12. Third party AV is one of the biggest culprits for failed updates and upgrades. It's the system level stuff it does that interferes with file replacement etc.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

What is going on?

1. What is going on? - Similar Threads - going

2. basis and we will have to go to a

in Windows 10 Gaming
    basis and we will have to go to a: ,mkhiuobkn,'o[nbuhcp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/basis-and-we-will-have-to-go-to-a/a32dd402-641a-46ee-bcb3-b04c07b8e68a
  3. basis and we will have to go to a

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    basis and we will have to go to a: ,mkhiuobkn,'o[nbuhcp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/basis-and-we-will-have-to-go-to-a/a32dd402-641a-46ee-bcb3-b04c07b8e68a
  4. Windows 11, File explorer - How do I go back to being able to type multiple letters of a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, File explorer - How do I go back to being able to type multiple letters of a...: I've seen several other closed posts about this but haven't found one with a solution. Yesterday, my PC updated to windows 11 in the middle of my work day despite having active hours set for 'do not restart', and repeatedly having selected the stay on windows 10 option. I...
  5. Windows 11, File explorer - How do I go back to being able to type multiple letters of a...

Windows 11, File explorer - How do I go back to being able to type multiple letters of a...: I've seen several other closed posts about this but haven't found one with a solution. Yesterday, my PC updated to windows 11 in the middle of my work day despite having active hours set for 'do not restart', and repeatedly having selected the stay on windows 10 option. I...
  6. Wifi keeps going down along with bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi keeps going down along with bluetooth: I tried really everything from previous simillar posts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-keeps-going-down-along-with-bluetooth/2f8fbc0b-7b95-4102-a6e1-1d00243d0b09
  7. Wifi keeps going down along with bluetooth

Wifi keeps going down along with bluetooth: I tried really everything from previous simillar posts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-keeps-going-down-along-with-bluetooth/2f8fbc0b-7b95-4102-a6e1-1d00243d0b09
  8. How can I prevent laptop from going to sleep/hibernating?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I prevent laptop from going to sleep/hibernating?: I need to run a program, unattended, for a number of hours. Despite attempts to keep the computer awake using a new Power Profile, after 15 minutes the computer either goes to sleep or hibernates. What can I do to keep my computer awake? Why are settings ignored in the Power...
  9. How can I prevent laptop from going to sleep/hibernating?

How can I prevent laptop from going to sleep/hibernating?: I need to run a program, unattended, for a number of hours. Despite attempts to keep the computer awake using a new Power Profile, after 15 minutes the computer either goes to sleep or hibernates. What can I do to keep my computer awake? Why are settings ignored in the Power...
  10. How to fix monitors going black when playing games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix monitors going black when playing games?: I've been having a issue everytime I load a game both of my monitors go black and I can only access the game, for example if I'm watching something the sound continues to play in the background but I cannot see it unless I alt+tab but then when I press on the game it goes...