Windows 10: What is Google Crash Handler.exe?

Discus and support What is Google Crash Handler.exe? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Noticed 2 instances in Task Manager, one 64 bit and one not. Google search is silent on the topic, but talks a lot about Googlecrashhandler (one word)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tcebob, Sep 2, 2018.

1. tcebob Win User

What is Google Crash Handler.exe?

Noticed 2 instances in Task Manager, one 64 bit and one not. Google search is silent on the topic, but talks a lot about Googlecrashhandler (one word) which is a bit coin virus. Is this a needed item? I've ended the tasks and cannot find them in startup.

:)

tcebob, Sep 2, 2018

2. Google Chrome crashes

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the Chrome browser crashes. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check whether you are able to repair Google Chrome and check if that helps.

In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.

• Select Programs > Programs and
      Features
      , and then select the program.
    • Select Uninstall to remove the program.
    • To fix the program, select Repair or, if that’s not available, Change.
    • Follow the directions on the screen
    If the repair option is not present, you may uninstall and reinstall the application and check if that helps.

If the issue still persists, it would be better if you contact the Google Chrome support for further assistance.

Hope the provided information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 2, 2018
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 2, 2018
  4. What is Google Crash Handler.exe?

Ntdll.dll causing google chrome to crash all the time

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Please share this information to assist you better.

• Are you facing the same issue with Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps offered by Google?
    As a work around, we suggest you to uninstall Google from the downloaded location and reinstall and check for the issue.

Hope this helps, keep us posted.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 2, 2018
Thema:

What is Google Crash Handler.exe?

1. What is Google Crash Handler.exe? - Similar Threads - Google Crash Handler

2. what would cause a computer to crash when an .exe is launched?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what would cause a computer to crash when an .exe is launched?: it keeps giving me random blue screen errors each time it crashes when a .exe is downloaded,bootrec was enough of a sledgehammer to the side to get it stable, though didn't resolve the issue. it also isn't allowing me to use the recovery option to install the system &...
  3. what would cause a computer to crash when an .exe is launched?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what would cause a computer to crash when an .exe is launched?: it keeps giving me random blue screen errors each time it crashes when a .exe is downloaded,bootrec was enough of a sledgehammer to the side to get it stable, though didn't resolve the issue. it also isn't allowing me to use the recovery option to install the system &...
  4. Microsoft edge update and Google crash handler in background

Microsoft edge update and Google crash handler in background: Hi there! I don't use Microsoft edge in my windows 10. I use Chrome for browsing and other stuffs. However, the microsoft edge update keeps running in the background even when I click on "End Task". The same also applies for Google like "Google crash handler" which also runs...
  5. Microsoft edge update a d Google crash handler in background

Microsoft edge update a d Google crash handler in background: Hi there! I don't use Microsoft edge in my windows 10. I use Chrome for browsing and other stuffs. However, the microsoft edge update keeps running in the background even when I click on "End Task". The same also applies for Google like "Google crash handler" which also runs...
  6. What is Cats2.exe

in Windows 10 Support
    What is Cats2.exe: W10 ver 1909 There is a small program on my system drive name Cats2.exe and I can find nothing pertinent about it on the web. I don't think I put it there and from what I can find makes me suspicious since it runs all the time. I wonder if anyone else has encountered this?...
  7. What is this snmpdm64.exe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is this snmpdm64.exe: It’s a service that is suddenly running on my windows 10 Is there a way to check when it got installed or started It is in syswow64 directory Can’t seem To find anything about this exe online submitted by /u/thrvy5545 [link] [comments]...
  8. What is Google Crash Handler.exe?

What is Google Crash Handler.exe?: Noticed 2 instances in Task Manager, one 64 bit and one not. Google search is silent on the topic, but talks a lot about Googlecrashhandler (one word) which is a bit coin virus. Is this a needed item? I've ended the tasks and cannot find them in startup. 117161
  9. Any idea what this device is - NMC queue handler ??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Any idea what this device is - NMC queue handler ??: Hi there Any of you network Gurus out there have any idea what this device is (NMC queue handler) [img] I'm sure I currently know what's connected to the network currently -- or at least I thought I did -- haven't a clue what that device is. !! Cheers jimbo 77983
  10. orgnwrks32.exe crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    orgnwrks32.exe crashing: If I open up a sample or a project, most functions will work; However; If I try to setup a new project; it crashes. Uninstalled/Reinstalled dozens of times; no luck

Users found this page by searching for:

1. google crash handler in task manager

2. google crash handler keeps appearing in the task manager