Windows 10: What is Google Crash Handler.exe?

Discus and support What is Google Crash Handler.exe? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Noticed 2 instances in Task Manager, one 64 bit and one not. Google search is silent on the topic, but talks a lot about Googlecrashhandler (one word)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tcebob, Sep 2, 2018.

1. tcebob Win User

What is Google Crash Handler.exe?

Noticed 2 instances in Task Manager, one 64 bit and one not. Google search is silent on the topic, but talks a lot about Googlecrashhandler (one word) which is a bit coin virus. Is this a needed item? I've ended the tasks and cannot find them in startup.

:)

tcebob, Sep 2, 2018
  2. Krishna Prasobh V Win User

Google Chrome crashes

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the Chrome browser crashes. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check whether you are able to repair Google Chrome and check if that helps.

In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.

• Select Programs > Programs and
      Features
      , and then select the program.
    • Select Uninstall to remove the program.
    • To fix the program, select Repair or, if that’s not available, Change.
    • Follow the directions on the screen
    If the repair option is not present, you may uninstall and reinstall the application and check if that helps.

If the issue still persists, it would be better if you contact the Google Chrome support for further assistance.

Hope the provided information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 2, 2018
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 2, 2018
  4. Rakesh Narayanaswamy Win User

Ntdll.dll causing google chrome to crash all the time

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Please share this information to assist you better.

• Are you facing the same issue with Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps offered by Google?
    As a work around, we suggest you to uninstall Google from the downloaded location and reinstall and check for the issue.

Hope this helps, keep us posted.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 2, 2018
Thema:

1. What is Google Crash Handler.exe? - Similar Threads - Google Crash Handler

2. Email Handler

in Browsers and Email
    Email Handler: When I click on a mailto link in a website, a screen appears asking me to choose which account to send an email from - Gmail or Outlook. How do I make it so that only Gmail is used by default, without the need to choose it every time 20587
  3. I was using google chrome when this crashed occurred.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I was using google chrome when this crashed occurred.: Greetings, I have a dell N5110 which i updated from Win7 to Win10. This crash was the first time ever on Win 10 but i have had BSOD in Win7 due to HotSpot shield drivers. Please figure this one out!! Thanks 18733
  4. Stop windows store as default protocol handler on chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop windows store as default protocol handler on chrome: On chrome, I once clicked on remember my choice for this "link/filetype" e.g. [img] Now when I go to a windows store site on google chrome e.g. The Dark Crystal - Microsoft Store It auto launches windows store app.. [img] When it launches, all my...
  5. What is causing my pc to crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is causing my pc to crash: https://mymdc-my.sharepoint.com/pers...b9db2006&rev=1 ^ Dump file 69120
  6. Any idea what this device is - NMC queue handler ??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Any idea what this device is - NMC queue handler ??: Hi there Any of you network Gurus out there have any idea what this device is (NMC queue handler) [img] I'm sure I currently know what's connected to the network currently -- or at least I thought I did -- haven't a clue what that device is. !! Cheers jimbo 77983
  7. Rundll32.exe Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Rundll32.exe Problem: Hi Everybody as the title shows i want to completely block Windows Host Processes (Rundll32.exe) from being executed and i am very consistent to do so *sarc because its swallowing my cpu all the time *Mad and im sure that its not a virus it just a droll and useless windows...
  8. What is this .EXE program? "DefaultPack.EXE" recent apperance

in Windows 10 Support
    What is this .EXE program? "DefaultPack.EXE" recent apperance: [img] It was created/Modified/Accessed all the same day about the time I believe I was infected or Hacked w/Malware, also couldn't get into Microsoft Account, had to use Parted Magic PWreset to gain access to my HDD but still awaiting the 30 day M.S.Reset wait-time for them...
  9. rundll32.exe detected as virus by Avast

in Windows 10 Support
    rundll32.exe detected as virus by Avast: Hi, I have a big issue i have all the time a popup coming from Avast saying it has detected a virus in rundll32.exe It comes when i open explorer or when set volume. Now the worst is that i cant even setup the playback devices for my Audio, when i try to go to sound...
  10. orgnwrks32.exe crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    orgnwrks32.exe crashing: If I open up a sample or a project, most functions will work; However; If I try to setup a new project; it crashes. Uninstalled/Reinstalled dozens of times; no luck