Windows 10: What is happening to Windows 10

Discus and support What is happening to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I was quite happy using Win10 with a Homegroup, for my Desktop and two laptops. I have an All-in-one printer hanging off the desktop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by colin higton, Jul 13, 2018.

1. What is happening to Windows 10

Hello!

I was quite happy using Win10 with a Homegroup, for my Desktop and two laptops.

I have an All-in-one printer hanging off the desktop.

Everything worked just fine.

Then you took away Homegroup and it took me about a week to get my laptops to see the desktop and be able to print, and get Windows Live Mail back because the Win10 mail app is rubbish.

A couple of day ago there was another update, now my scanner will only scan one document, then if I try and preview another all I get is "not responding" and I have to turn the scanner off and restart. This morning Windows Live Mail will not see the BT server. There is nothing wrong with the server as if I go directly to BT Email it works a treat, but again it does not have the same facilities as Windows Live Mail. Also when I log in to my desktop I keep getting asked to sign in to One Drive, I don't use One Drive, I want my data to stay on My pc and no go off into a cloud. I have more than ample storage on my pc's.

What is going to change next, to try and get me to use the cloud?

:)

colin higton, Jul 13, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 13, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 13, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

What is happening to Windows 10

Delta6326, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

What is happening to Windows 10

1. What is happening to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - happening

2. How to get rid of ping spikes happening every 8-15 seconds. Happens while video streaming...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of ping spikes happening every 8-15 seconds. Happens while video streaming...: For a couple of days now I have been experiencing rough ping spikes while gaming and video streaming. It happens between consistent intervals, usually around every 8-15 seconds. It will jump up to 200 or even 300 and then back down. I have tried many solutions but nothing has...
  3. How to get rid of ping spikes happening every 8-15 seconds. Happens while video streaming...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of ping spikes happening every 8-15 seconds. Happens while video streaming...: For a couple of days now I have been experiencing rough ping spikes while gaming and video streaming. It happens between consistent intervals, usually around every 8-15 seconds. It will jump up to 200 or even 300 and then back down. I have tried many solutions but nothing has...
  4. What happen with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happen with my laptop?: I dont restart the laptop after update a haft of Windows 11 one drive dont enough to update, I restart but it has problem, I press anything,, it does boots and it requires me restart again. Then, it shut down and now I can't turn on my laptop and I plug in, the light dont...
  5. What happen with my laptop?

What happen with my laptop?: I dont restart the laptop after update a haft of Windows 11 one drive dont enough to update, I restart but it has problem, I press anything,, it does boots and it requires me restart again. Then, it shut down and now I can't turn on my laptop and I plug in, the light dont...
  6. Stuck at 62% and nothing is happening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck at 62% and nothing is happening: I am resetting my pcnot factory reset and for more than an hour it is preparing to reset and is stuck at 62%. I tried cancelling and trying it again but still gets stuck at 62%....
  7. Stuck at 62% and nothing is happening

Stuck at 62% and nothing is happening: I am resetting my pcnot factory reset and for more than an hour it is preparing to reset and is stuck at 62%. I tried cancelling and trying it again but still gets stuck at 62%....
  8. i had Win 10 all up to date then something happen and had to back to Win 8. I put in to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i had Win 10 all up to date then something happen and had to back to Win 8. I put in to...: How do i reinstall 10 using the media creation tool without having to use a USB. ? and i type in windows 10 media creation toll and all i get is a bunch of videos how to do it. hHw do i get to the microsofts web site to find the windows 10 media creation tool? And i went to...
  9. i had Win 10 all up to date then something happen and had to back to Win 8. I put in to...

i had Win 10 all up to date then something happen and had to back to Win 8. I put in to...: How do i reinstall 10 using the media creation tool without having to use a USB. ? and i type in windows 10 media creation toll and all i get is a bunch of videos how to do it. hHw do i get to the microsofts web site to find the windows 10 media creation tool? And i went to...
  10. i had Win 10 all up to date then something happen and had to back to Win 8. I put in to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade