Windows 10: What is happening to Windows 10

Discus and support What is happening to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I was quite happy using Win10 with a Homegroup, for my Desktop and two laptops. I have an All-in-one printer hanging off the desktop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by colin higton, Jul 14, 2018.

1. What is happening to Windows 10

Hello!

I was quite happy using Win10 with a Homegroup, for my Desktop and two laptops.

I have an All-in-one printer hanging off the desktop.

Everything worked just fine.

Then you took away Homegroup and it took me about a week to get my laptops to see the desktop and be able to print, and get Windows Live Mail back because the Win10 mail app is rubbish.

A couple of day ago there was another update, now my scanner will only scan one document, then if I try and preview another all I get is "not responding" and I have to turn the scanner off and restart. This morning Windows Live Mail will not see the BT server. There is nothing wrong with the server as if I go directly to BT Email it works a treat, but again it does not have the same facilities as Windows Live Mail. Also when I log in to my desktop I keep getting asked to sign in to One Drive, I don't use One Drive, I want my data to stay on My pc and no go off into a cloud. I have more than ample storage on my pc's.

What is going to change next, to try and get me to use the cloud?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Network & internet

:)

colin higton, Jul 14, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 14, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

What is happening to Windows 10

Delta6326, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

What is happening to Windows 10

1. What is happening to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - happening

2. Fps drops for 10-20 seconds and then going back to normal and happening again after 2-4 mins

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drops for 10-20 seconds and then going back to normal and happening again after 2-4 mins: Hello i have a Hp pavillion gaming laptop which has amd ryzen 5600h3.30ghz, 8 gigs of ram7.34 usable for some reason and gtx 1650 in it. it was working fine for 3 years but suddenly 3-4 days ago it started getting fps drops in almost all games. i used to play csgo 2 at...
  3. Fps drops for 10-20 seconds and then going back to normal and happening again after 2-4 mins

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fps drops for 10-20 seconds and then going back to normal and happening again after 2-4 mins: Hello i have a Hp pavillion gaming laptop which has amd ryzen 5600h3.30ghz, 8 gigs of ram7.34 usable for some reason and gtx 1650 in it. it was working fine for 3 years but suddenly 3-4 days ago it started getting fps drops in almost all games. i used to play csgo 2 at...
  4. Fps drops for 10-20 seconds and then going back to normal and happening again after 2-4 mins

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. What happened with Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened with Windows 11?: I'm very, very disappointed with Microsoft. Windows 11 has gone backwards in its ability to do things conveniently, just as much, if not more then it has made advances. I use my computer for some of the simpler tasks, but rely on some of the convenience features for use.For...
  6. What happened with Windows 11?

What happened with Windows 11?: I'm very, very disappointed with Microsoft. Windows 11 has gone backwards in its ability to do things conveniently, just as much, if not more then it has made advances. I use my computer for some of the simpler tasks, but rely on some of the convenience features for use.For...
  7. My pc gets fps drops that drop to 3 fps and my audio sounds like static, this only happens...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc gets fps drops that drop to 3 fps and my audio sounds like static, this only happens...: When I start to play games my pc its fine for maybe 40 - 60 minutes, then I start to get random fps drops that drop to like 3 fps then my audio sounds like static, this only last for a few seconds but it starts to do it every 4 minutes or so....
  8. My pc gets fps drops that drop to 3 fps and my audio sounds like static, this only happens...

My pc gets fps drops that drop to 3 fps and my audio sounds like static, this only happens...: When I start to play games my pc its fine for maybe 40 - 60 minutes, then I start to get random fps drops that drop to like 3 fps then my audio sounds like static, this only last for a few seconds but it starts to do it every 4 minutes or so....
  9. What happens If I remotely lock a stolen Windows machine?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happens If I remotely lock a stolen Windows machine?: I previously planned to sell my ROG laptop to someone else and had already provided them with my laptop password and the email and password for my Microsoft account. However, they ended up injuring me and stealing my laptop. I can still log into my Microsoft account, but I...
  10. What happens If I remotely lock a stolen Windows machine?

What happens If I remotely lock a stolen Windows machine?: I previously planned to sell my ROG laptop to someone else and had already provided them with my laptop password and the email and password for my Microsoft account. However, they ended up injuring me and stealing my laptop. I can still log into my Microsoft account, but I...